• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

1.6.0 BETA 14

EndersShadows

Verified Member
There is no option at this point. The damage dealt is proportional to your shift in XZ velocity at the moment the event triggered. So if airblast knockback is heightened, so will the wall damage from airblast. I can assure you though, on default settings airblast shouldn't EVER do more than 3 hearts of damage, and typically should do quite less (1.5 hearts is what was intended).
A well timed airburst killed me instantly in an AvA. This may have been due to lag, but my health received 18-20 damage from hitting the wall.

I really hope you add a "max damage" config option for the new physics. As 3 whole hearts for just smack against a wall that is 2 blocks away is kind of strong :p

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
A well timed airburst killed me instantly in an AvA. This may have been due to lag, but my health received 18-20 damage from hitting the wall.

I really hope you add a "max damage" config option for the new physics. As 3 whole hearts for just smack against a wall that is 2 blocks away is kind of strong :p
maybe because at high velocity hitting a wall would hurt. bad.

Faecous

Verified Member

Nope it aint xD

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member

what usualy happens when an avatar hits you with a charged gust of wind :eek:

Loony

Verified Member
There's a bug with earth smash, when you do it directly underneath you it goes through you and does damage. I'm not sure if that is the intention of earth smash, but before it used to raise you up with it.

EndersShadows

Verified Member
There's a bug with earth smash, when you do it directly underneath you it goes through you and does damage. I'm not sure if that is the intention of earth smash, but before it used to raise you up with it.
I believe that is just client lag. I usually experience that event when I am lagging severely.

Loony

Verified Member
I believe that is just client lag. I usually experience that event when I am lagging severely.
Oh.. The server doesn't lag and all the other moves are fine, but it does it with that one every time so I wasn't sure. Thanks anyway!

Loony

Verified Member
Well, if there's wall damage for air to make it more realistic, people should take damage from surge and torrent wall I guess?

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
Yeah, idk if you noticed it, buuuut all elements had wall damage in the atla/lok.
Well, if there's wall damage for air to make it more realistic, people should take damage from surge and torrent wall I guess?
This has been added to airbending because of it's lack of damage. Since the begining of the plugin airbenders have had to learn how to deal indirect damage by using air blast/suction so I think that they deserve it the most ....

owlcool

Verified Member
This has been added to airbending because of it's lack of damage. Since the begining of the plugin airbenders have had to learn how to deal indirect damage by using air blast/suction so I think that they deserve it the most ....
Air has waaay more knockback then fire and earth. If wall damage was added to all elements it could simply be debuffed on surge and torrent.

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
Air has waaay more knockback then fire and earth. If wall damage was added to all elements it could simply be debuffed on surge and torrent.
I see your point but in the show you never saw a waterbender using torrent to blast someone in a wall to to do some extra damage. I feel that if this would be implemented to all elements it would make air less unique ..... (just my opinion)

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I see your point but in the show you never saw a waterbender using torrent to blast someone in a wall to to do some extra damage. I feel that if this would be implemented to all elements it would make air less unique ..... (just my opinion)
It makes sense tho.

owlcool

Verified Member
Freaking fire had wall damage. If that does not explain why it is possible for water to have wall damage, then you aren't thinking straight.
Plasma: Does not burn people, when it pushes them into walls, it does damage, but still no real burns.
Gas: When it pushes people it pushes them hard and does more damage when pushing people into walls.
Water: Apparently doesn't do wall damage according to you since it was not shown.

Loony

Verified Member
Air could make fire, water and sometimes earth take fall damage. This wall damage just gets airbenders killed quicker, it hurts more than it helps.

Carbogen

Verified Member
Wall Damage works only with moves which apply high horizontal velocity to entities. Most airbending abilities do this already, but so does Bloodbending, Torrent (somewhat), Catapult, EarthSmash, RapidPunch, and perhaps a few others (hopefully fire gets some too).

At this point only Bloodbending, Airblast, and Airburst apply any wall damage. The others will be discussed and we will add those deemed appropriate.

I personally am hoping that all elements get at least one ability that causes Horizontal Collision Damage, and of course one element will, as for every aspect of combat in this plugin, specialize in it (gee, we all know who's gonna govern wall damage, hmm?)

Addon devs, the API gives access to using the HorizontalVelocityTracker and the HorizontalVelocityChangeEvent. You can implement these in your abilities, I'm sure many members of this community will appreciate it.

Do remember that beta versions are as bug free as possible, but that doesn't compare to the minimal amount of bugs in stable versions. Beta versions are still in the process of growing and polishing still needs to be done.

owlcool

Verified Member
Wall Damage works only with moves which apply high horizontal velocity to entities. Most airbending abilities do this already, but so does Bloodbending, Torrent (somewhat), Catapult, EarthSmash, RapidPunch, and perhaps a few others (hopefully fire gets some too).

At this point only Bloodbending, Airblast, and Airburst apply any wall damage. The others will be discussed and we will add those deemed appropriate.

I personally am hoping that all elements get at least one ability that causes Horizontal Collision Damage, and of course one element will, as for every aspect of combat in this plugin, specialize in it (gee, we all know who's gonna govern wall damage, hmm?)

Addon devs, the API gives access to using the HorizontalVelocityTracker and the HorizontalVelocityChangeEvent. You can implement these in your abilities, I'm sure many members of this community will appreciate it.

Do remember that beta versions are as bug free as possible, but that doesn't compare to the minimal amount of bugs in stable versions. Beta versions are still in the process of growing and polishing still needs to be done.
fire is gonna govern wall damage