• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied ⚡Lightning⚡ Passive and new moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stop StalkingMeh

Verified Member
PASSIVE
Honestly, one of the only reasons I chose firebending was because of LIGHTNING. I want to suggest some passives and abilities to make lightning even more fun for everyone.

1: Hitting a charged creeper with lightning makes them a charged creeper and hitting pigs makes them zombie pigmen.
2: When having a lightning move selected, dropped items are automatically attracted towards the player.

ISN'T THIS SO ANNOYING??

MOVE
SHOCK: Punching a player with this ability selected stuns them for 2 seconds and they may only use basic bending abilities for 5 seconds. Has a LONG cooldown.
CONDUCT: It is a very weak lightning move on it's own but if someone is in water or if a waterbender is using WaterArms, it does a significant amount of damage. Mako did this once.
INDUCTION: Creates an invisible shield around the player. Nearby players take damage as if being withered.
STATIC DISCHARGE: A simple right click to zap a player. It automatically zaps the closest player within a 5 block radius. You do not need to look at the player to hit them with this but they must be touching the ground. If standing on a conductor block (such as water, iron block, etc), radius increases to 15. Does a lot of damage but has a VERY LONG cooldown.
ELECTROMAGNETIC PULSE: Hold shift to charge. Release to temporarily make blocks within 10 block radius conductors therefore, increasing damage of the moves listed above.

OPTIONAL
Is it possible to replace the blue particles with actual lightning (except when charging a move)? :p

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
2: When having a lightning move selected, dropped items are automatically attracted towards the player.
How?
MOVE
SHOCK: Punching a player with this ability selected stuns them for 2 seconds and they may only use basic bending abilities for 5 seconds. Has a LONG cooldown.
CONDUCT: It is a very weak lightning move on it's own but if someone is in water or if a waterbender is using WaterArms, it does a significant amount of damage. Mako did this once.
INDUCTION: Creates an invisible shield around the player. Nearby players take damage as if being withered.
STATIC DISCHARGE: A simple right click to zap a player. It automatically zaps the closest player within a 5 block radius. You do not need to look at the player to hit them with this but they must be touching the ground. If standing on a conductor block (such as water, iron block, etc), radius increases to 15. Does a lot of damage but has a VERY LONG cooldown.
ELECTROMAGNETIC PULSE: Hold shift to charge. Release to temporarily make blocks within 10 block radius conductors therefore, increasing damage of the moves listed above.
All are 4 of these new abilities for subelement or what?
OPTIONAL
Is it possible to replace the blue particles with actual lightning (except when charging a move)? :p
It is possible since it existed in TLA plugin, but why do you want that? It's unrealistic and it is one of the things why it got removed. A thread with that request was denied with the reason as I said, so it's unlikely that this gonna get anything.

NickC1211

Verified Member
I like this because tbh the Lightning sub element is kinda boring to me and I hardly use lightning when fire, but this could change that. Maybe only certain things dropped should be attracted by lightning because it sound more like an earth thing. Also the player using lightning in water should take damage as well.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
PASSIVE
Honestly, one of the only reasons I chose firebending was because of LIGHTNING. I want to suggest some passives and abilities to make lightning even more fun for everyone.

1: Hitting a charged creeper with lightning makes them a charged creeper and hitting pigs makes them zombie pigmen.

ISN'T THIS SO ANNOYING??

MOVE

OPTIONAL
Never have I seen someone be able to possess a controlled amount of lightning. What I mean is, anyone who used lightning shot it out and the lightning did the rest. I think the bender is only able to produce the lightning but not control it, except for redirection that is but even that is still not manipulating the lightning bolt. Creating a shiled around you implies that the bender is able to shape and manipulate the bolts. And even create bolts out of thin air, not coming from their finger tips. Shock and Static Discharge should be combined. Conduct is already a thing. I agree with the Creeper thing, changing it into charged. Lighting, as of 1.8, is exactly how it was in the show. Just bursts of uncontrolled lightning that happen to do more damage in water. But... Then we go into the canon argument... No, I don't think this is canon, no I also don't think some of this is possible.

FireBenderGreif

Verified Member
I like this because tbh the Lightning sub element is kinda boring to me and I hardly use lightning when fire, but this could change that. Maybe only certain things dropped should be attracted by lightning because it sound more like an earth thing. Also the player using lightning in water should take damage as well.
I like your idea about if people are in water you can shock the water and it would do damage!

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I like your idea about if people are in water you can shock the water and it would do damage!
This is already an option for the current lightning move. There is an option in the config for the lighting, on contact with water, to go more crazy and spread out more. There may also be an option for extra damage to entities that are in water. Not 100% on that one. But the current lightning does behave differently on contact with water, none the less.

promancer

Verified Member
MOVE
:p
Electromagnetic pulse doesn't make sense, the pulse would just get grounded. Also, discharge is already an addon.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Never have I seen someone be able to possess a controlled amount of lightning. What I mean is, anyone who used lightning shot it out and the lightning did the rest. I think the bender is only able to produce the lightning but not control it, except for redirection that is but even that is still not manipulating the lightning bolt. Creating a shiled around you implies that the bender is able to shape and manipulate the bolts. And even create bolts out of thin air, not coming from their finger tips. Shock and Static Discharge should be combined. Conduct is already a thing. I agree with the Creeper thing, changing it into charged. Lighting, as of 1.8, is exactly how it was in the show. Just bursts of uncontrolled lightning that happen to do more damage in water. But... Then we go into the canon argument... No, I don't think this is canon, no I also don't think some of this is possible.
"Lightning is a pure expression of firebending. It is not fueled by rage or emotion, the way other firebending is. Some call lightning the cold blooded fire. It is precise and deadly, like Azula. To perform the technique one must have peace of mind.

There is energy all around us, the energy is both yin and yang, positive energy and negative energy, only a select few firebenders can separate these energies, this creates an imbalance, the energy wants restore balance and in the moment the positive energy and negative energy come crashing together, you provide release and guidance, creating lightning.

Remember once you release the energy, you do not command it, you are simply its humble guide."
- Iroh teaching Zuko how to make lightning.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
"Lightning is a pure expression of firebending. It is not fueled by rage or emotion, the way other firebending is. Some call lightning the cold blooded fire. It is precise and deadly, like Azula. To perform the technique one must have peace of mind.

There is energy all around us, the energy is both yin and yang, positive energy and negative energy, only a select few firebenders can separate these energies, this creates an imbalance, the energy wants restore balance and in the moment the positive energy and negative energy come crashing together, you provide release and guidance, creating lightning.

Remember once you release the energy, you do not command it, you are simply its humble guide."
- Iroh teaching Zuko how to make lightning.
ooh I'm right for a change.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I see you do not have a very good understanding of electromagnetism.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
After much research on how electromagnetism works and how lightning works. I have comments that would suprise most of you.

ISN'T THIS SO ANNOYING??
Lightning doesn't have the potential to be a magnetic field the way you are thinking about it. And if it would it wouldn't work on most items in minecraft that are non metals.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Let's break this down first
PASSIVE

Honestly the first passive should've been kept when they reworked lightning (and made it into a horrible move), but since the passive isn't there, I'll let this one pass.

The second passive doesn't make any sense in more ways than one. The people that have commented before me should have proved that.
MOVE
So Shock is basically a nerfed paralyze? I mean, if this was genericanimepowers then yes, that'd make some sense. But this is bending. Never has anyone who lightning bent shown to punch someone with effects such as these. Lightning has only been shown as a projectile in either a single, deadly strike, or a stream.

I like your attempt to provide Lightningbending with it's own moves to help it survive as a subelement, but that's not the way to go. Both Shock and Conduct are apart of the actual move Lightning. Lightning has shock's stun, expect it doesn't allow for any bending, and Lightning has Conduct's water feature, especially with waterarms

Induction doesn't really make any sense going by the show's logic. Again, it's unique for Lightningbending, but it's not fit for Avatar or the Bending Plugin's gameplay.

Static Discharge is sounds pretty stupid to be honest. You don't have to look at the person, so basically if a chi blocker approaches you, just left click to lower then, walloffire, then firespin.

Electromagnetic Pulse is unique, but again, it's not fit for this plugin, along with the rest of the moves.

So what do I summarize this as?
Honestly, the ideas here are unique (I won't say creative because about every video game boss that uses electricity has these moves) at best. That's about all I can say about it that's positive. These moves, however, are poor excuses for any bending moves. They're uncanon, not realistic, and very one-sided. I honestly don't know how this post got past a Concept Designer, much less THE Head Concept Designer, without getting denied, since it has more than one move idea being suggested in this thread.

Multidragon2003

Verified Member
I think you can make a status effect for every element.

Fire : Burn surrounding entities
Lasts for : 2.5 min (longer or shorter)
Cooldown : 30 min (longer or shorter)
Downfall/Decreased Stat : Cannot use Fire Wall and Fire Shield

Water : Will not suffocate
Lasts for : 5 min (longer or shorter)
Cooldown : 15 min (longer or shorter)
Downfall/Decreased Stat : Cannot use Water Spout

Earth : Will dodge any area effect attack (Shockwave, etc)
Cooldown : 20 min (longer or shorter)
Downfall/Decreased Stat : Cannot use Catapult and Shockwave

Air : Will deflect any projectiles coming at player
Lasts for : 3 min (longer or shorter)
Downfall/Decreased Stat : Cannot use Air Shield

This might be a good idea

Green

Verified Member

I can't even begin to imagine what tf that actually ment. Can you explain please?

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member

This is related with the thread's subject how?

Status
Not open for further replies.