• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Fire Jet Ski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahrim

Verified Member
aggghhhhhh I don't mean a spiraling cyclone beneath your feet, i mean just particles fading and unfading beneath you.
Not meaning to be rude but the idea really is Unbalanced for the plugin in a number of Scenarios.. the way I see it even being added is if you somehow convince a coder to do it as a one off ability and even then it's not really going to do more good.. I mean fire is meant to have dis-advantages because of its Higher damaging moves.

Ahrim

Verified Member
whelp good. for balancing purposes and from the source material it would be a utility move if implemented given that from the looks of it its fire bending with they're hands and thus making it impossible for moves to be used. if thats the case I support it :)

Moonelight

Verified Member
whelp good. for balancing purposes and from the source material it would be a utility move if implemented given that from the looks of it its fire bending with they're hands and thus making it impossible for moves to be used. if thats the case I support it :)
I want it to be added as a transportation thing, not focused on combat.

David

Verified Member
I think that since every element is getting new moves, fire should get some. Water has been getting special treatment obviously :I
Levitating around like that would give you a huge edge in combat, depending on how fast you could travel on it (and assuming you could switch slots). I think anywhere from 3-6 seconds would be better.
Mako basically used fire to levitate against Ghazan, and Mako really isn't that powerful (go to around 1:50).
I don't think it requires that much more effort, physics aside. Firing it from your hands like that would make it easy to maintain balance and altitude.

Levitating with FireJet should be part of the same move, maybe shift clicking would activate it. It could control more like a jetpack than a rocket booster and would only last a few seconds depending on if it were day/night. Switching out of the FireJet slot while it's active shouldn't cancel it so you could use other moves in mid-air ;)
if not I'd say Avatar state only.. since it only happened during Sozins Comet..
This seems extremely over powered, as if Jet Blaze wasn't enough... I think this should have an extremely small set of duration for fly time, and if the user sneaks during this, then the move is cancelled. During Sozin's comment or avatar state, the player can sneak when ever they want with out it cancelling.

Moonelight

Verified Member
This seems extremely over powered, as if Jet Blaze wasn't enough... I think this should have an extremely small set of duration for fly time, and if the user sneaks during this, then the move is cancelled. During Sozin's comment or avatar state, the player can sneak when ever they want with out it cancelling.
I don't care for duration time/ whatever. I just want it added.

6tijn

Verified Member
Flying firebenders? D: I think the regular firejet is already OP. Since they can charge attacks while use firejet.

PS: They Only could do that because of Sozin's Comet.

Moonelight

Verified Member
Flying firebenders? D: I think the regular firejet is already OP. Since they can charge attacks while use firejet.

PS: They Only could do that because of Sozin's Comet.
Those photos were not during Sozins comet.

Moonelight

Verified Member
All the images that weren't Jeong Jeong were FireJet. i.e. they weren't hovering motionless.
Jeong Jeong, was using fire jet. Any fire bender move used to fly is fire jet. Whether in motion, or staying still.

And the point of the move is to get to places you wouldn't be able to aim for with Fire jet.

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
NEW SOURCE: In the new Legend Of Korra Video game gameplay, Korra is able to LEVITATE using Fire Jet, WHILE FIGHTING.

She has a cool down, and a certain amount of time she is aloud to use the move.

Go to 4:29 in the video, and you will see!
I want to help you in this argument, but it seems like you've got it covered. See if we can make this happen! I'm all for switching firejet on and off, as well.

Kwesi

Verified Member
I think it's naturally possible for controlled levitation for advanced firebenders with a variation of firejet. I don't think it's that much up for debate, it seems more like the amount of control a firebender has over the technique.

I can personally agree with this ability myself. I think it's add great flare, and would be great for more skilled firebenders. I see it being plausible if firejet is initiated the same way as usual: left-click to activate and left-click mid-jet to deactivate. Although, I think that during any time of firejet the player could tap sneak and they would be suspended in that exact position for about 7 seconds and then they'd slowly descend until they reach a surface. They could tap sneak again during the levitation to cancel the effect and they would just drop. That seems understandable and simple enough, but effective.

I think they could use it as a way to avoid certain attacks with the right timing, but not in an overpowered way, since they wouldn't have that long. They would be susceptible to aerial attacks being suspended in the air for an extended period of time as well. I also think, under the time margin they have in the air, that they should be able to use other attacks during levitation. Although, they're not going to get away with much other than quick attacks like FireBlast, since they won't be in the air that long.

It could be cool to see this. Why not?

justin2046

Verified Member
Idea:
Yeah! OK! Lets let firebenders soar over the ground!
Oh wait! They take fall damage....

Solution:
Firebenders will be able to hover 2 blocks in the air to prevent fall damage!

Conclusion:
Hovering's so much more fun then blasting yourself around on the ground!

Kwesi

Verified Member
Idea:
Yeah! OK! Lets let firebenders soar over the ground!
Oh wait! They take fall damage....
That's why I suggested that after a certain short time hovering that they would slowly descend until they land on a surface, that way they won't take fall damage simply from using their own ability under conditions from which they wouldn't normally take damage when executed correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.