• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

[WaterEarth] Manipulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Hello, internet surfers!
I came across this idea when I saw @Cheesewheel123 's thread "EarthControl, WaterContol", http://projectkorra.com/threads/earthcontrol-watercontrol.4237/.
I give credit to him and to the creator of the waterbending ability "WaterControl".

Trying to avoid repetition, the idea is this simple: water and earthbenders should be able to move their sources as they wish. It goes like this.

Name: Water/EarthManipulation (it would substitute WaterManipulation and EarthBlast)
Cool down: none
How to use it:
  • Manual source selection:
    • Sneak at the source block (if the source is different from water, it would turn into it);
    • Move your cursor to where you want the blocks to move;
    • If you attack while sneaking, the block that was being bent would be shot, exactly like the current version if this ability.
    • If the bender stops sneaking, the block would fall
  • Automatic source selection:
    • Tap sneaking and attack. From the closest source would be shot a blast of the Element.
What does this provide? It provides to the bender the ability to move blocks around without the attack characteristic of almost all bending abilities. This can be used for shielding, building and, in my opinion, the most interesting aspect, RPG. Threatening someone to bending shows like Master Pakku' water bending demonstration.

Thanks for reading.

Hero

Verified Member
Hello, internet surfers!
I came across this idea when I saw @Cheesewheel123 's thread "EarthControl, WaterContol", http://projectkorra.com/threads/earthcontrol-watercontrol.4237/.
I give credit to him and to the creator of the waterbending ability "WaterControl".

Trying to avoid repetition, the idea is this simple: water and earthbenders should be able to move their sources as they wish. It goes like this.

Name: Water/EarthManipulation (it would substitute WaterManipulation and EarthBlast)
Cool down: none
How to use it:
  • Manual source selection:
    • Sneak at the source block (if the source is different from water, it would turn into it);
    • Move your cursor to where you want the blocks to move;
    • If you attack while sneaking, the block that was being bent would be shot, exactly like the current version if this ability.
    • If the bender stops sneaking, the block would fall
  • Automatic source selection:
    • Tap sneaking and attack. From the closest source would be shot a blast of the Element.
What does this provide? It provides to the bender the ability to move blocks around without the attack characteristic of almost all bending abilities. This can be used for shielding, building and, in my opinion, the most interesting aspect, RPG. Threatening someone to bending shows like Master Pakku' water bending demonstration.

Thanks for reading.
This thing has been suggested too many times. Its never been added and I doubt that this will too. Shielding is surge. Building is for water buckets. Much more effective. And if this is for RPG, suggest it in RPG.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
To make water sustained and not dropped, the bender would have to spam crouch every second or too. That's how they work in a canon source. Moving an earth for earthbenders all it required to just keep their arms straight and move their limbs rigidly in a pattern. Unlike waterbenders, notable by Katara from one episode, they were constantly had to wave their arms around, even if the water was held in place.

Here are the example (I couldn't find just the raw footage of those clips, but this does demonstrate the footage of what I'm trying to point out)
At (skip to) 0:06, the very first two videos of these abilities are shown. Compare them and you'll get what I mean. (Katara

Which also adds the diversity that those bending arts are unique between each other, by their non matching controls to each other.

Last edited:

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
This thing has been suggested too many times. Its never been added and I doubt that this will too. Shielding is surge. Building is for water buckets. Much more effective. And if this is for RPG, suggest it in RPG.
With shielding, I ment having something that would stop incoming attacks. EarthSmash and Torrent weren't made while thinking in defense, but they can be used so.
Building is a core element to Minecraft, and ProjectKorra, as stated by the staff, "Is the bridge between the Avatar series and Minecraft". By your logic, we wouldn't need firebending, per example. If we want to deal some damage on someone and igniting them on fire, use a Fire Aspect Diamond Sword. If ProjectKorra can bring building and bending closer, it would be a step forward in embrassing the series and the game in one universe.
Once again, why should be this added to the RPG plugin, a side plugin, if it is about two main bending abilities, and bring such a difference in both survival and combat?

To make water sustained and not dropped, the bender would have to spam crouch every second or too. That's how they work in a canon source. Moving an earth for earthbenders all it required to just keep their arms straight and move their limbs rigidly in a pattern. Unlike waterbenders, notable by Katara from one episode, they were constantly had to wave their arms around, even if the water was held in place.

Here are the example (I couldn't find just the raw footage of those clips, but this does demonstrate the footage of what I'm trying to point out)
At (skip to) 0:06, the very first two videos of these abilities are shown. Compare them and you'll get what I mean. (Katara

Which also adds the diversity that those bending arts are unique between each other, by their non matching controls to each other.
I quite disagree with you. There are some situations in which little no no movement was needed to sustain water in the air. Ming-Hua needs no movement to keep her water arms, Yakone was able to bloodbend without any movement, etc. What does this mean? The waterbender does not need to move in order to waterbend (a.k.a., sustain water), only concentration, which is reflected by the crouching action. In the example below, while Aang is waterbending with a lot of movement, Katara is able to sustain the water in the air without moving. This shows to us how waterbending can be practised in different ways.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I was only referring to the ability that your requesting. I believe Ming-Hua still used her movement (don't underestimated, that even if she didn't have no arms, she still was required to use physical movement, which she did with her torso to manipulate the water in general) for waterarms, but than again I'm just speculating. I'll have to rewatch the book 3 of TLOK to make my own conclusion about her. Psychic Bloodbending is for a different story (not in a mood to talk about it).

By the way, your picture/gif isn't showing up.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
I was only referring to the ability that your requesting. I believe Ming-Hua still used her movement (don't underestimated, that even if she didn't have no arms, she still was required to use physical movement, which she did with her torso to manipulate the water in general) for waterarms, but than again I'm just speculating. I'll have to rewatch the book 3 of TLOK to make my own conclusion about her. Psychic Bloodbending is for a different story (not in a mood to talk about it).

By the way, your picture/gif isn't showing up.
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/4-22-2016/3NIrrs.gif

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Well that proves me wrong now. Thanks for showing your evidence.

While spaming shift isn't a valid thing, I still think controls could be tweaked a littl bit to make them different. WaterBenders maybe with a left click on water would clip it to the pointer and it will follow your cursor and clicking crouch would drop the element (seen in your gif how She became jealious and decided to stop bending it), while Earthbenders would have to hold sneak entire time. Or it can be done visa versa, as waterbenders - sneak entire time, earthbenders - just click the source.

Pookiemalookie

Verified Member
I love this idea but it has been suggested many times in the past.. Although a bending move that wouldn't reset its effects on the environment would be quite handy

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Well that proves me wrong now. Thanks for showing your evidence.

While spaming shift isn't a valid thing, I still think controls could be tweaked a littl bit to make them different. WaterBenders maybe with a left click on water would clip it to the pointer and it will follow your cursor and clicking crouch would drop the element (seen in your gif how She became jealious and decided to stop bending it), while Earthbenders would have to hold sneak entire time. Or it can be done visa versa, as waterbenders - sneak entire time, earthbenders - just click the source.
Or water-telekinesis could be controlled by shifting on the air block that you wish to move the liqued. For example, if wanting to move the water block to the left, you would turn to your left and tap shift(- crouch) and where you click in there the water will move. Earth-telekinesis principle would be the same of earthsmash. Again, to make it clear what I'm saying, the water wouldn't follow the crossheir, but it will move and stop to the block you shifted at.

NickC1211

Verified Member
Is there a way to move multiple blocks of water or earth at once so it's like an earth smash or watersmash?

Status
Not open for further replies.