• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied [Water] De(buff)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Hey! I'm back with one more... x.x ... Suggestion about water...
---
This would work to Torrent.
---
Do you know how you can shoot multiple Water blasts with WaterManipulation? Well, I'm suggesting the same but with Torrent. Here's how it would work:
The WB (Waterbender) would set up Torrent as usual.
Once the Torrent is set, the WB shoots it forward by clicking.
The Torrent follows the cursor (as I said, the usual).
BUT​
If the WB lets SHIFT go 1 second after the shot-click or less, the Water, instead of disappearing, it would follow its way until it reaches the WB's range limit or blocks. Can't freeze. Water does NOT return to the bottle if bottlebent. Once this "technique" is used three times in 15 seconds, the 15 seconds cooldown would activate. The cooldown would make every "let SHIFT go 1 second after the shot-click" flood during these 15 seconds. The cooldown would also reducing the WB's range to launch Torrent. let's say the default range is 20 blocks. The cooldown would reduce it to 17 blocks, per example.​

If the WB lets SHIFT go after 1 second of the shot-click or more, the Water,in a new way of disappearing, it would fall to the ground (Falling Blocks to prevent flood?). Should the water come back to the bottles?
EXAMPLES:​
In the middle of a battle against another WB, there is no much to do. You have to be quick and evasive if your foe is highly defensive. WaterManipulation wouldn't work, as her Surge super effective. You have an idea!
You set up a Torrent, and launch it sidewards to your foe. The Torrent makes a semicircle. When the time is right, you let go SHIFT and the Torrent continues its way in a straight line, heading to your enemy. When she sees the Torrent coming, she creates an IceWall, which is shattered in the next moment, and the Torrent hits her. You, getting your advantage ahead, you start launching some more Water Torrents in the same way: one from the left side, one from the right one and one forward. When you are getting closer to set up the fourth Torrent, once you let SHIFT go right after clicking, the Water would flood instead of going straight ahead. The other WB notices your mistake and she destroys you with her LASER eyes.

Concluding:
  • Buffs: shoting more than one Torrent at time, being these uncontrolable after releasing SHIFT.
  • Debuffs: getting "tired" after quickly shooting Torrent.
  • Cooldown: 15 seconds.
    • Being unable to shot Torrent farther than 17 blocks.
    • Multi-Torrent turns impossible.
  • Night and Full Moon/ Avatar State Buffs:
    • Night: Four Torrents at the same time, Cooldown keeps the same.
    • Full Moon/ Avatar State: Five Torrents at the same time, Cooldown reduced by five seconds.
  • Canon-ness(?): This was the fight where the idea was token from, but I'm sure there are more battles out there with the same concept:
    • 4:41
Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Moonelight

Verified Member
So what you're saying is that if you release shift while launching a Torrent, it will continue going? Aswell as being able to shoot 3 torrents at the same time through the same source?

Zafkiel

Verified Member
Seems too complex to me I never was very clever XD but I think I understood the general idea and I think that the part where "you release shift while launching torrent it will continue going" is fine as a minor asset but I just think that shouting 3 torrents at the same time is useless.

Moonelight

Verified Member
Okay, after reading this thread many times I've concluded that shooting 3 torrents at the same time is partially op, and useless (stated above aswell). I suggest creating a new thread including the idea of allowing Torrent to continue forward after releasing shift, that's the part that appeals to me, and others.
If the WB lets SHIFT go after the shot-click or less, the Water, instead of disappearing, would follow its way until it reaches the WB's range.
The idea was okay, but I don't think it makes much sense. Denied for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.