• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

[Water]Config Option

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceEyes

Verified Member
This thread is about something that should have been added a long time ago lol.
It's about using the water a waterbender bends.

So there should be following options which the server owner can add or remove:

• Waterbender Water being selectable.
  • Only Waterbender which is bending the water ccan reselect from it.
  • All Waterbenders can select from bended water.
What do I mean with the last two points?
For example, if you want torrent to be redirectionable you'd put the option ''All waterbenders can select from bended water''.
So that it can get redirected from someone else then the bender himself bending torrent.
But maybe you want the Waterwave to be selectable, but only from the bender himself (so that other people can't select from his wave). So he could select torrent from his wave for example.

This option should be in every move.
If there are questions, please ask! :D

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I like this, but you didn't specify which moves will work and in what criteria will they. If bending someone's bendable sustain waterarmos - NO. If bending a shooted waterspear, than yes. Same could go for Surge Ability.

IceEyes

Verified Member
I like this, but you didn't specify which moves will work and in what criteria will they. If bending someone's bendable sustain waterarmos - NO. If bending a shooted waterspear, than yes. Same could go for Surge Ability.
Yea this would all be up to the server owner. By default everything would be disabled but if they want something bendable they can activate it in the move's config option. And yes I agree making waterarms itsself selectable would be strange but for example making freeze of it selectable or spear would make sense. So maybe make a option where you could decide for every move in a multi ability.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
As long all of these are disable, I'm fine with that. Waterbenders never really did bend a feo's bendable water, unless voluntary (with an ally), unless the water is up close to the bender. Though, they displayed how they can block the approaching water attack, either by freezing, stopping or deflecting it in a random direction quickly, but that could have been just normal water cause by channeled waterbender after it's launch.

Bugdozer

Verified Member
As long all of these are disable, I'm fine with that. Waterbenders never really did bend a feo's bendable water, unless voluntary (with an ally), unless the water is up close to the bender. Though, they displayed how they can block the approaching water attack, either by freezing, stopping or deflecting it in a random direction quickly, but that could have been just normal water cause by channeled waterbender after it's launch.
actually, in nearly every fight in the anime between water benders, a string of attacks would be branching off from the redirection and remanipulation of 1 single attack between them.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
But there is still a reason why watershields and waterarms weren't yet countered by other WBenders. And still remember that it is almost impossible for a waterbender to bend their element from very far remote distance (of course, avatar with AS has an exception to this rule!).

Bugdozer

Verified Member
But there is still a reason why watershields and waterarms weren't yet countered by other WBenders. And still remember that it is almost impossible for a waterbender to bend their element from very far remote distance (of course, avatar with AS has an exception to this rule!).
so we can have it coded to a slightly lower sourcing distance and keep the sourcing to direct attack moves, ergo torrent, water manipulation, iceblast, waterarms ice and spear. Combos like water gimbal and water flow should also be considered for this idea.

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I agree (some) moves should be redirectable and be able to transformed into different moves. However, they should not be able to select from water that is created by bending.

1. It allows for infinite water bending. Not good
2. I'm 110% sure this would cause flooding/other issues. In general it would probably be very messy.

Redirectable moves have already been suggested before as well. Why not bump and add to those threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.