• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Vanilla Icecream(s)?!

Which would you like best? (If there's a difference)

• Vanilla

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Homemade Vanilla

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • French Vanilla

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Vanilla Bean

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Old Fashion Vanilla

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Okay serious issue.....

When someone goes to the ice cream section of a grocery store they see several different versions of Vanilla Icecream... They like vanilla but if they want it, how do they know which to get? What are the differences in flavor? Which would YOU like better?

The different kinds they would see:
  • Vanilla
  • Homemade Vanilla
  • French Vanilla
  • Vanilla Bean
  • Old Fashion Vanilla

Asking for a friend.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I don't know any of those tastes, lol. Though, I got to say - why would I, when not a fan of vanilla.

I'll take one modded flavor ice cream, please!

Pride

Verified Member
Okay serious issue.....

When someone goes to the ice cream section of a grocery store they see several different versions of Vanilla Icecream... They like vanilla but if they want it, how do they know which to get? What are the differences in flavor? Which would YOU like better?

• Vanilla
  • Homemade Vanilla
  • French Vanilla
  • Vanilla Bean
  • Old Fashion Vanilla

I love me some some Homemade Vanilla. It has that feel to it, ya know what I'm sayin?

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
So
Okay serious issue.....

• Vanilla
  • Homemade Vanilla
  • French Vanilla
  • Vanilla Bean
  • Old Fashion Vanilla

Asking for a friend.
I have a preference for Vanilla bean due to the richness of taste, it contains actual vanilla beans and is true ice cream.

French Vanilla is usually made with eggs for rich flavor, but if it contains no eggs its just plain cream tinted vanilla.

Honestly these vanillas are all the same, its just some are better than others but all of them are good, (except for plain vanilla because its literally flavored with vanilla bean extract)

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Oh and also here is a difference between vanilla bean tastes.
  • Madagascar Vanilla - rich and creamy
  • Mexican Vanilla - bold, smokey
  • Indian Vanilla - full, cocoa/chocolate flavor
  • Indonesian Vanilla - mild, well balanced
  • Tahitian Vanilla - floral, cherry-chocolaty flavor
  • Tonga Vanilla - earthy, fig, raisin
Madagascar is the most commonly used vanilla bean.

And to get the best vanilla type
just try them all and make your own opinion, its your best bet.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Important Update!

I have recently made a purchase of Vanilla Bean ice cream and I will come back with the results. Sorry to keep everyone waiting, I know how urgent this taste testing is...

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I forgot to come back and tell everyone the result....

Vanilla Bean is kind of a more bitter version of the classic vanilla for anyone wondering. The correct term may be more "rich" than bitter. But I don't prefer it.