• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suffocate Revamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Suffocate is one of the abilities that we rarely see in action or use it ourselfs. The Problem is because it has a too long chargetime and requires accurate aim. I''m gonna resolve these issues with what I'll be suggestion, to make this ability less infrequent, but not too much common for players to be encourage in using

Targetting - Instead of having the cursor point at your rival directly, you must be facing your opponent that is in your front radius arch. This way, it makes it a lot easier to start suffocating the player that is closer to you or random, making it somehow possible to succeed in. Zaheer probably didn't have to look at them with his body align straight, he seemingly just 'locked' his chosen victim through his peripheral vision.

ChargeTime - Not sure how exactly long the chargetime of it is, but I'm gonna presume it's somewhere close to 7 s.. The Chargetime I think should be just cut to half of what it is, or at least quarter (but not too small were it look like there isn't one). Players would be more often to use this lethal ability then not, while it is balance in a way due to this con.

Effects - Instead of inflicting blindless straight away, I think it should start from slow; inducing nausea to targets instead, then after 7 seconds switching nausea effect to blindless, and after 5 more seconds it renders the victim's movement completely useless (unable to turn around from the spot). And with a bonus - the suffocating being after left with 3 hps or lower would lose his/her basic attack techniques (watermanip, airswipe ect.) as well?

That would be all. If you find out a better improvements for these few or all listed tweaks, please share and if you other members like it - I would add it to this original post. Feedback and Constructive Critism, as always, is appreciated :) Thanks for taking the time to read.

Loony

Verified Member
Us changing charge time doesn't matter, server owners have to update their config themselves. Also, the default charge time is not 7 seconds. It's way shorter than that.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
1)Yes, I'm well aware that it won't change unless the file manager deletes to regenerate for a new, but I don't think I need to explain why chargetime must still be changed....
2)Then how short is it? I might discard the chargetime fix, If it happens to be useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.