• Proceed with caution! Unofficial add-on plugins and abilities are not supported by the ProjectKorra staff. We will not provide support for broken add-ons. Download at your own risk.
  • Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server
MetalTendrils

MetalTendrils 1.0.0

u_u

Verified Member
u_u submitted a new resource:

MetalTendrils - Sprout metal tendrils to heave yourself about.

MetalTendrils offers metalbenders a much-needed mobility option. Difficult terrain or otherwise earthbender-hostile areas (think snowy taigas, frozen peaks, etc) become trivial to scale. The user can carry themselves around with the tendrils, as long as they have metalbendable equipment and nearby blocks to latch on to.

Showcase:

Options:
YAML:
MetalTendrils:
  Cooldown: 10000
  Tendril:
    # The speed at which the user...
Read more about this resource...

LucK

Verified Member
This ability seems amazing, but i can't activate it. I'm running project korra 1.11.2 and I placed the file in the ability folder. I can bind the ability in-game and it shows the description and all, but it does not activate. Could you help?

Last edited:

u_u

Verified Member
This ability seems amazing, but i can't activate it. I'm running project korra 1.11.2 and I placed the file in the ability folder. I can bind the ability in-game and it shows the description and all, but it does not activate. Could you help?
Make sure that you are wearing any combination of the armour specified in the config, or disable that if you wish.

LucK

Verified Member
Make sure that you are wearing any combination of the armour specified in the config, or disable that if you wish.
I did both, I tried to wear an all iron armour. Could it be a conflict with others custom abilities I use?

LucK

Verified Member
I did both, I tried to wear an all iron armour. Could it be a conflict with others custom abilities I use?
I found out the problem. When I'm loading the server, this message shows up:
"Plugin ProjectKorra v1.11.2 has failed to register events for class io.github.ioasaph.projectkorra.metal_tendrils.TendrilListener because io/papermc/paper/event/player/AsyncChatEvent does not exist."

u_u

Verified Member
I found out the problem. When I'm loading the server, this message shows up:
"Plugin ProjectKorra v1.11.2 has failed to register events for class io.github.ioasaph.projectkorra.metal_tendrils.TendrilListener because io/papermc/paper/event/player/AsyncChatEvent does not exist."
Are you using Bukkit/Spigot? The ability was made for Paper, which is essentially Spigot but with many optimisations. It is an all-around better server software while still being interoperable with Spigot and is much more common these days, which is why I chose to build it against that. Replacing Spigot with Paper does not require anything beyond simply replacing the Spigot server.jar with a Paper server.jar.