• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Metalbending Move

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickC1211

Verified Member
Element: Earth (metal)
Move: Manipulation
Description: This move is the base move for all metalbending. With this move you can move metal blocks such as iron or gold. You can shoot discs and clips of metal. And you can magnetically collect dropped metal objects. Keep in mind this is all one move and not a sub ability move either.

Manipulation
How it will work is click then hold shift to move around a metal block. You can click up to 2 blocks to move around (vertical or horizontal). You can let go of shift and it will fall in place or click to shoot it. When shot it will fall to the ground after hitting the target or reaching max distance. You can use this on iron blocks, gold blocks, anvils, etc. if used on iron bars it will bend them in a certain direction. This move can also be used on metal doors and you can use them as shield or shoot them.

Shooting
You can shoot metal from your inventory or armor by simply holding shift and clicking, and it will become a dropped item once it hits the target or reaches its limit. You can also shoot discs of metal (pressure plates) from metal blocks. To do this look at a metal block and hold shift and a pressure plate made of that material will appear on top of it. Still holding shift you can move it around and click to shoot. Once shot you can hold shift to bring it back to you like lava disc.

Magnetize
This will allow the user to magnetically attract metal around them. This can be used on dropped metal items or players in metal armor. To use look and the item or player and tap shift repeatedly. You can also do this will metal blocks.

I want to make metalbending more interesting and like the show. I also want to give magnetshield a chance to be useful lol. Pls tell me if you think these should all be seperate moves. Thanks for reading XD

BryanPlays

Verified Member
I would like all of this personally. I like metalbending and think it should be expanded upon. Good Luck.

Leo071

Verified Member
i love this idea even though i am a firebender i do like the sound of that and hope this idea works good luck hope they accept this idea

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Gonna complain that all of these we're suggested and you didn't bother to check with the search engine before posting this. Nevertheless, I agree metalbending needs improvement.

NickC1211

Verified Member
Gonna complain that all of these we're suggested and you didn't bother to check with the search engine before posting this. Nevertheless, I agree metalbending needs improvement.
I did bother to search and I saw nothing I thought was exactly like the suggestion I had in mind. But if you show me a link I take it back.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
http://projectkorra.com/threads/metal-bending-improvements-ideas.1575/

Honestly, I would like that Manipulation was and overall technique without a sub, for building purposes (moving a stone block without needing to waste your durability from a pickaxe). Moving Door would be dope thought. Maybe there could be an standalone ability to move less blocky and entity attribute blocks, such as anvil, minecraft, iron trapdoor? Just for the safety you don't accidently bend them when intented for an 'actual' block.

Maybe Shooting could be an aspect to earthblast as well. Just by putting the ingots in it's bind slot, it should toggle it on. We all know how confusing and unintuitive it would be If it picked up from any inventory slot, shooting on random earth, iron, iron, iron, earth, iron ect. It would be just unaccurate.

Last edited:

NickC1211

Verified Member

Honestly, I would like that Manipulation was and overall technique without a sub, for building purposes (moving a stone block without needing to waste your durability from a pickaxe). Moving Door would be dope thought. Maybe there could be an standalone ability to move less blocky and entity attribute blocks, such as anvil, minecraft, iron trapdoor? Just for the safety you don't accidently bend them when intented for an 'actual' block.
Oh ok my bad I honestly didn't see this one but your right

NickC1211

Verified Member

And yea that's a good idea but I didn't want to suggest a move earth move because I've seen a lot of those so I made it exclusively metal. And good point it should be in the slot so it's not random.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
And yea that's a good idea but I didn't want to suggest a move earth move because I've seen a lot of those so I made it exclusively metal
Well, I think it should be exclusively to sub's when surely it suppose to. I see the reason for magnetization and metalclips, iron door to be only metalbendable.

Status
Not open for further replies.