• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied lavamanipulation (rethought)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKamikaze21

Verified Member
How I think about water style and lava style:
Water is controlled like swinning this type of thing around:

Lava is controlled like swinning this type of thing around:

You know what I'm talking about?
Like I said in my post before, lava's weight, viscosity, and thickness restrict it from being so elegantly manipulated.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Like I said in my post before, lava's weight, viscosity, and thickness restrict it from being so elegantly manipulated.
Did you see ghazan and Bolin? Watch the video I provided at the time I provided and near the end. They were pretty fancy with it.

KingKamikaze21

Verified Member
Did you see ghazan and Bolin? Watch the video I provided at the time I provided and near the end. They were pretty fancy with it.
Most of the movements they pulled off were heavy and forceful, not fluid and elegant. An example of this is the clear "this shit is heavy"(I wasn't sure if grunt was the right word) sound when he said, "Well... Alot has changed since then" Further proving that lava must be a heavy thing to bend. Evident by the pause between words

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Most of the movements they pulled off were heavy and forceful, not fluid and elegant.
Try to put a tensional on a rope, then swing around with it. You can make quick, elegant and fluid motions.
Try to put something heavier on a rope, then swing around with that. It still feels the same, looks the same, but the movements you are making are bigger, and it's harder to control.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Most of the movements they pulled off were heavy and forceful, not fluid and elegant. An example of this is the clear "this shit is heavy"(I wasn't sure if grunt was the right word) sound when he said, "Well... Alot has changed since then" Further proving that lava must be a heavy thing to bend. Evident by the pause between words
Nobody ever said that. The shit part.

KingKamikaze21

Verified Member
The earth they bend is heavier than the lava.
Remember when Katara was trying to make a wave of water? Her hands were shaking as though she was carrying a heavy container of water, and the way it shifts weight can make it lighter and heavier at random intervals. I assume that that's why he grunted, he was trying to carry the heavy lava, maintain its shape, and move it all at the same time. Which is much harder than what earth Benders do, which is almost always a wash and repeat style of Chuck and raise...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.