• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Earthsmash *should* work ANYWHERE

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
  • Earthbending should work anywhere where there is earth. That translates to whatever position it is placed upon, either upon its below your feet, in a wall (i.e. on a vertical surface), or at celling (the surface above you).
    • For example, imagine a scenario where you're in an area, trapped in a box room with the ground made out of obsidian (assign as a non-bendable), while all facing walls and including ceiling that are out of dirt. You should bend the earthsmash out of those two latter positions, regardless of how that criteria is situational.

• Earthsmash should work anywhere, even when it doesn't meet the earthsmash required size; should range from 1x3x1 - 3x2x3 (x, y and z[/]).
    • For example, imagine an earthbender in a plain flat world, with 1 thick earth covering the ground, and below it there's nothing more then The Void. I should be able to pull out a earthsmash from that terrain, and of course-- logically, it should only pull out 3x1x3 earthsmash.

Now to summarize it all:
1)Allow EarthSmash to form the attack from vertical surfaces and horizontal that are above the user.
2)EarthSmash should create smaller earthsmash (along with maybe dealing damage that is reduced?) if the vicitiny the user is in doesn't provide much of earth.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I think you should be able to pull EarthSmash out of walls and ceilings BUT if the wall/ceiling/floor does not meet a certain "thickness" then you cannot. Like this "1 thick earth covering the ground" scenario; I don't think should work. That is, if you meant that there's one layer of grass in this flat world and anything else is either air or void. The concept, in my eyes, of earth smash is pulling this giant boulder from the ground [wall or ceiling] and then manipulating it to your advantage. I don't think it should be shortened to pebble size because you don't have an adequate amount of earth to pull from. Just use Earth Blast.... Or suggest that JedCore's Earth Shard gets implemented; and diversified if you so feel.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
You should still bend smaller boulders than just the maximum set in the config. 1x1 should become impossible, because (as you said) that's what earthblast is for, but if you have an 2x2 earth chunk in your vicinity, that you should in common sense still be able to earthsmash that object (with its provided available size of course). Since the projectile is alot smaller than its bigger version, it should deal less of 20% its damage.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Then you're just treading onto a larger Earth Blast....
Fine, than the smaller earthsmash shouldn't deal different danage from its bigger version.

Look, If water bendings gets its quantity concept retweaked (- no tsunami-surges from one leaf block), if would be wear to give an earthsmash to still use earthbending to one extent, without just spamming the heck out of someone with earthsmash when stranded into a 2-thick bendable ground.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I understand what you're saying but the concept I see for it doesn't include making it smaller. It's supposed to be a SMASH not a smash you know? Maybe as an extension to Earth Blast? Where you can charge it for a bigger blast? I don't see a smaller version of Earth Smash working.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
It is not just a 2x2 ovject. I did say it should include any form ranging from 1 cuboid to 3 cuboid (e,g: 1x3, 3x2x3, 2x1x2 ect.) if that's how much the earth is limited to the user's vicinity. Unallowing earthbenders to utilitize EarthSmash from a {1x1 < #x#x# < 3x3} is imo unfair.