• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

[Earth] RaiseEarth+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucky_Paperclip

Verified Member
I made this post hoping to give earth the flexibility it should have.
(NOTE: The main difference between this and the regular RE is the requirement of holding shift and selecting the areas to raise pillars.)
Name: RaiseEarth
Element: Earth
Sub: None
Functionality: Holding shift will select a block (identical selection style of earthblast) in which you can raise as a pillar.
Use: The way you use it is by holding shift over earthbendable blocks. By releasing shift, the selected blocks will have pillars raised there.
Specifics:
The selected blocks must be within a similar radius to regular RaiseEarth to the player to work. The selected blocks mist also be directly next to or diagonal from each other to keep the move realistic and logical
Selecting only one block will not use this feature and instead use the regular, tap+shift version of raiseearth
The move. Like the regular RaiseEarth, the move should have a maximum of 6 blocks selectable with the same hight as well.

Practicality: raising up a 2x2 pillar underneath yourself for an easy elevator/reliable escape pillar (yeah yeah why not use catapult but isn't this is a little more canon-like and awesome). Another use would be to raise a 3x2 wall for a more reliable defence against an explosive attack which will destroy the whole of a regular wall and most like
Y damage e player too, or a thicker defence against torrent (which, even if it hits a side of the wall, can still damage you with the ice version if you're hiding directly behind it.

Cooldown: none or maybe 2-3 seconds? Might as well be configurable.

(P.S. I can't upload gifs at the moment because i'm on mobile but I'll find a few when i get home later today, since I've got a few in mind.)

Loony

Verified Member
I don't think this move has much practability.
Normal player's wouldn't be able to raise the earth quick enough (because as you stated you have to raise two at a time) for a quick escape or to block moves, especially against firebenders who are quite fast attackers.
I don't think this would be better than normal raise earth.
-Loony

Lucky_Paperclip

Verified Member
If you know what you're doing making Tetris shapes while holding shift shouldn't be tooooo hard. besides, it'll be practically just as fast as a regular one. I didn't suggest this so it could be the god hand of defense for earthbenders, but because earth needs the flexibility they have in the show into pk. It's to make being an earthbender the freeflowing (lol sounds like i'm talking about water but whatevs) element earth should be. It's not to be better than raiseearth at all mi amigo, but to add to da expirience.

Sorin

Verified Member
Maybe make this an addon to raise earth to where you hold shift and look in front of you then look towards your feet to raise a thicker wall or you can look to the side to make it longer/circle you.

Sorin

Verified Member
I don't think this move has much practability.
Normal player's wouldn't be able to raise the earth quick enough (because as you stated you have to raise two at a time) for a quick escape or to block moves, especially against firebenders who are quite fast attackers.
I don't think this would be better than normal raise earth.
-Loony
If i may ask why do you say "-Loony" when we could just look at your profile........... btw you have the same pic as a developer here witch goes by the name @Coolade . Not trying to be mean but I usually don't see that kinda thing happen a lot so i'm interested xD also it's not "practability" it's predictability.

Loony

Verified Member
If i may ask why do you say "-Loony" when we could just look at your profile........... btw you have the same pic as a developer here witch goes by the name @Coolade . Not trying to be mean but I usually don't see that kinda thing happen a lot so i'm interested xD also it's not "practability" it's predictability.
I say "-Loony" because that's my signature. Where does it say that my alias is Loony/Loonytoon on my profile?

I had this picture on my Enjin a while ago. When I was deciding for a profile picture, this was the one I found on my screenshots.
I don't really understand why any of this is relevant to the current post, but it should clear things up.
-Loony

Sorin

Verified Member
I say "-Loony" because that's my signature. Where does it say that my alias is Loony/Loonytoon on my profile?

I had this picture on my Enjin a while ago. When I was deciding for a profile picture, this was the one I found on my screenshots.
I don't really understand why any of this is relevant to the current post, but it should clear things up.
-Loony
You seem offended, I may be wrong but saying "I don't really understand why any of this is relevant to the current post" following the answer to my question makes me think you are flustered and or a little mad at me for asking a question. and why not make your actual signature in the signature tab under your profile say "-Loony"?
-Sorin

Loony

Verified Member
You seem offended, I may be wrong but saying "I don't really understand why any of this is relevant to the current post" following the answer to my question makes me think you are flustered and or a little mad at me for asking a question. and why not make your actual signature in the signature tab under your profile say "-Loony"?
-Sorin
I wasn't flustered, I just didn't see why/how it was relevant.
I haven't done that because well, I'm lazy.
-Loony

Sorin

Verified Member
But I did have a relevant post on this thread so i see no harm in a question that is answerable in one message.

paliate

Verified Member
Marking as looking into, It has some really cool functions that i think we would all enjoy to use.
I'd love if you'd add some screenshots though, Just so that people don't have to re-read what you said 5 times to understand and sort of get their own visual.
Q-Q

Status
Not open for further replies.