• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Dark Spirit Ability - DarkPoint

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
Move: DarkPoint
Element?: Dark Spirit
Type: Disable / Damage
Range: 16 blocks
AoE: 3 blocks
Speed: Fast (8 blocks per second)
DamageNoCharge: 1 damage (0.5 Hearts)
DamageShortCharge: 2 damage (1 Heart)
DamageMediumCharge: 3 damage (1.5 Hearts)
DamageLongCharge: 4 damage (2 Hearts)
TrapTimeNoCharge: 0.25 seconds
TrapTimeShortCharge: 1 second
TrapTimeMediumCharge: 1.75 seconds
TrapTimeLongCharge: 2.5 seconds
ChargeTimeShort: 1 second
ChargeTimeMedium: 2 seconds
ChargeTimeLong: 3 seconds
Cooldown: 12 seconds
Description: Now this is a pretty complex ability so bear with me! Anyways, DarkPoint would work like this; hold shift to charge the ability. Different charge times have different effects, but I will explain that later. So you release shift to launch a orb of particles that vary in color based on charge time. When it hits a block or a mob / bender / light spirit, it damages, purges of buffs, and traps them in place, all effects varying between charge times, which I will explain now. There are four different charge 'phases.' If you just tap shift the orb will be a light purple, will deal 1 damage, purge buffs, and stop the target's movement for 0.25 seconds in an AoE of 3 blocks. If you how shift for 1 second, dark purple particles will appear. Release shift to launch the orb, dark purple this time, deal 2 damage, purge buffs, and stop the target's movement for 1 second in an AoE of 3 blocks. Holding shift for 2 seconds causes purple-red particles to appear. Releasing shift during this period causes the orb to be purple-red, deal 3 damage, purge buffs, and stop the target's movement for 1.75 seconds, in an AoE of 3 blocks. When you hold down shift for 3 seconds, dark-red particles appear, showing that the longest charge time has been reached. When you release shift now, the orb will be dark-red, deal 4 damage, purge buffs, and stop the target's movement for 2.5 seconds, in an AoE of 3 blocks. This ability would have a range of 16 blocks, a lengthy cooldown of 12 seconds, and travel at a speed of 8 blocks per second. Some other information about this ability would be that when the target's movement is stopped, they can still bend and turn. They just can not jump or walk. Also when trapped, particles corresponding with each chargetime phase (light-purple, dark-purple, red-purple, and dark-red, respectively) appear around the target's feet.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Joeri

Verified Member
The speed is kinda insane, 8 blocks per second? do you even understand how fast that is?

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
I do know how fast it is. A player sprints at about 5.612 blocks per second. So the ability would travel about 29% faster than a sprinting player.