• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Canon, Non-canon and possible to be canon

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Well, this idea came from my WaterWheel thread, where me and @HydroMan were discussing its closiness to the AirWheel technique.
So, this thread isn't about posting here the moves you would like to see implemented, but techniques that you invented. We could then discuss if it would be possible or not :D
---
We could start witg WaterWheel technique or any you want. I'm open to suggestions.
---
I will write in this main post the "menu" of the te hniques suggested, what are being suggested and what are in the "queue" to be discussed.
Everyone can post here, no matter how crazy your ideas might sound :D

WaterWheel: Discussing
2015-07-10_20.57.34.png

WaterBlast: Discussing
2015-07-10_21.21.28.png

The issue with non-canon ideas is that people get carried away with it.
What is meant: "It has to be heavily implied or simplistic enough to understand in the terms of the show"
What is heard: "It just has to involve one of the four elements"

Last edited:

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
WaterWheel: a technique close to Hama's PinWheel technique (performed in the episode "The Puppetmaster", when fighting against Katara). It would look the same, but with the water spinning with a great speed, once it touches the ground, it would start to roll, moving. And the waterbender would surf inside the wheel. The problem is: the wheel can't move slowly. If the water spins with slowness, it wouldn't create the force needed in order to move. The Bender would surf as long as (s)he wants, unless (s)he misses his/her concentration.

Hero

Verified Member
Canon is cool and all, but people on the forums have the idea that if it's not canon, it's a dead suggestion.
I think we need to explain to people that not all moves have to be canon, but practical.
If you don't know what practical is, it's basically saying something that COULD happen. So a waterbender might be able to make waterwheel, (WaterPinwheel) but can't make fire.

So this isn't much of a thread on canon-ness, but more if it's practical.
@Finn_Bueno_ , thats the animation I used for Water Blast :p

HydroMan

Verified Member
If hama did, she would have use it for mobility use. Lets compare Airwheel that was use by Tenzin and Waterwheel by Hama. Ok so they are both identical by each other and was use by two proficient benders. So tenzin used it mainly by mobility, while Hama for defense. Well I theorise that Hama couldn't use it for mobility, as she would dodge attack for it instead of blocking it. Don't remember much of a scene with Tenzin's wheel, but i think it would be the same use, just opposite. There ya go ,theres my theory :p.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Canon is cool and all, but people on the forums have the idea that if it's not canon, it's a dead suggestion.
I think we need to explain to people that not all moves have to be canon, but practical.
If you don't know what practical is, it's basically saying something that COULD happen. So a waterbender might be able to make waterwheel, (WaterPinwheel) but can't make fire.

So this isn't much of a thread on canon-ness, but more if it's practical.
@Finn_Bueno_ , thats the animation I used for Water Blast :p
aka Possibly Canon :3

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
If hama did, she would have use it for mobility use. Lets compare Airwheel that was use by Tenzin and Waterwheel by Hama. Ok so they are both identical by each other and was use by two proficient benders. So tenzin used it mainly by mobility, while Hama for defense. Well I theorise that Hama couldn't use it for mobility, as she would dodge attack for it instead of blocking it. Don't remember much of a scene with Tenzin's wheel, but i think it would be the same use, just opposite. There ya go ,theres my theory :p.
So, what you are saying is that Hama can't use it because just didn't use it?

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
1. You spelled canon correctly, so thank you.
2. The issue with non-canon ideas is that people get carried away with it.
What is meant: "It has to be heavily implied or simplistic enough to understand in the terms of the show"

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
1. You spelled canon correctly, so thank you.
2. The issue with non-canon ideas is that people get carried away with it.
Adding this speech to the main thread.