• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

AirBending Improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOneAndOnlyApple

Verified Member
I have practiced airbending on different servers on minecraft for almost two to three years now and I have loved the element so much. However, seeing these threads I have not scene much for airbending, such as moves and abilities. A lot of people say airbending has no "sub-element" but personally I think it does. With the new seasons of Legend of Korra, they have introduced an entirely different form of airbending!

Spiritual Projection:
Mainly introduced by Jinora, airbenders have a brighter and more affiliated side with their spiritual self. With this they had the ability to meditate and focus on ones or somethings energy and project their spiritual form at that location. I think this would be a cool edition to airbending itself, although this could be extremely abused in some ways, possibly there could be a way to limit it to certain ranks and or staff. A master rank on some servers possibly? But even on Mist's server it would be hard to implement it into the public and thats what I would like to see, but not just for all, mainly the experienced airbenders and/or master airbenders.

This was also mentioned by Zolteex's thread, but I thought it could use further announcement because it is a great idea!

There are many things that could be added to airbending just as all the other elements, I feel like air is being secluded due to its "lack" of no sub-elements.

Some Ideas/Inspiration for New Moves:

In the show, "Legend of Korra" it showed the first days of the avatar and bending in general. What I want to call attention to is when Wan met the airbenders harvesting fruit from a tree, they seem to airbend some sort of cloud under their feet to lift them up. Many people have said "cloud-bending" had to be done by both a water and airbender, but I think this proves it wrong. It would be interesting to see new particles be introduced into airbending also, such as the cloud particle(this particle bursts out of a mob when killed).

Possibly SoundBending?
There has been debate on whether sound bending is an air subtype and I would consider it a small one. As shown in the episode of Aang in Omashu capturing and moving the zoo animals to a new habitat he used a whistle with airbending to increase sound magnification. Although sound bending was not often used in the show it would be a neat edition to airbending, such as launching or project large airbursts that explode on impact and release a temporary deafening sound that could paralyze a target for a short amount of time.

I would also love to see new damage moves implemented into airbending, I remember a thread involving "AirSphere" on here and I thought it would be a interesting move to add. I am only a very beginner coder and hope to improve but I don't know if it would be possible to have an item in hand and then capture it in a sphere and launch it at an opponent? If hit it could do a reasonable amount of damage with a small cool down due to the low size of the move. But if the player is not holding a item it could just launch a small sphere of air that causes small damage and large knock back(possibly a stun effect such as temporary slow?).

This may be a little extreme in rewriting codes of airscooter but would it be possible to enable bending while on airscooter? Such as launching an airsphere/airswipe while on an airscooter as this has been done many times with Avatar Aang in the A:TLA show.

Thank you for listening to my and other forum members suggestions on airbending, yes, it seems a lot but compared to the amount of ideas on water/earth/fire I think these are some nice suggestions.

Comments and suggestions/modification ideas are alwasy appreciated and I cant wait to see airbending change just as the other elements have!

Thank you for reading and special credits to Zolteex, keep those ideas coming!

TheOneAndOnlyApple

Verified Member
Also I am new to the site and Project Korra in general, so if there was a different place to post this thread please tell me! Thank you!
~Apple <3

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to ProjectKorra! You're posting in the right place.

I'll keep these ideas in mind when I go to code new abilities. Thanks a ton for the suggestions!

TheOneAndOnlyApple

Verified Member
Also recently I have been disconnecting from EtriaCraft with the feedback of "Timed Out". Any suggestions on how to stop this or improve stability?

Status
Not open for further replies.