• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Ability (Light/Dark): SpiritPhase

Kwesi

Verified Member
Name: SpiritPhase

Description: Tap sneak to consciously make your body temporarily intangible. While in this state you will be immune to physical attacks and also be able to pass through solid surfaces. You can left-click while the ability is active to deactivate it.

How It Could Work: The default duration could be about 5 seconds. While a spirit uses SpiritPhase they would not be able to receive damage from physical attacks, but it would be configurable of they can receive damage from elemental attacks. The ability would also be fitted with a cool down. Both Light Spirits and Dark Spirits would have access to SpiritPhase. An additional effect which would be nice would be faint particles around the player while the ability is active.

When passing through surfaces they may simply move towards and through vertical obstacles; to move through horizontal surfaces they must tap sneak or jump (tap sneak to move down and jump to move up). They would only be able to move through 1 block by default at one time (moving through vertical surfaces of more than 1 block would require the action to be held rather than tapped).

I think this ability just fits in with realistic spiritual capabilities. It's logical and effective and it would be configurable and therefore could not simply qualify as unbalanced or overpowered seemly because of its nature.

Should a spirit be within a block when the ability wears off they will begin to suffocate (provided they are within a block that would suffocate them). This ensures the ability be used with wisdom and caution or there will be dire consequences. It requires sensible timing to be effective and also good use of time. It can be utilised in many practical situations, whether they be combat oriented or not.

Finally, an ability like this would give spirits a characteristic that really sets them apart from the others, and I like the thought of that. I'd like something iconic for them, something that makes sense and really gives them a spiritual feel, and I think an ability like this would do just that.

I really appreciate the community taking time to read my suggestion. I hope that it appeals to you all, but I welcome helpful feedback: suggestions that people believe might improve the ability. Thank you very much. :)

HydroMan

Verified Member
I wanted to be like Katy Pryde.... now I could!

I do like this move, but I think we should debate if this should be an passive move (not bindable) or not.