• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Can't use BloodBending

Adamskii6

So, I've encountered something extremely weird... I have two accounts on my server, one that's op and does the building etc and one that I play and have fun on... The one I play and have fun on is a WaterBender, and no matter WHAT I do, I can't get BloodBending to work! I have given the right permissions to the player, I have even tried oping it, I've tried about everything... The message I get is "You don't have access to: BloodBending"

This is extremely frustrating... Because when I join on my op and owner account I have no problem BloodBending -_-

I'm running ProjectKorra Core 1.8.3 and I do have JedCore, but it's not the problem as I've tried removing it.

Any help will be so appreciated! :(

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Bloodbending confuses a lot of people because it's both an ability and a subelement.

For bloodbending, there are 2 permissions you need:

- bending.ability.BloodBending (for the ability)
- bending.water.Bloodbending (for the subelement)

HOWEVER, you also need to have the subelement to use it. Subelements are automatically given when you choose an element, and you are given all the ones you have permission to. But since you choose water when you didn't have permission to use Bloodbending, the Blood subelement wasn't given.

The reason this happens is so with PK RPG, Subelements can be randomized (some benders can be lavabenders, some can be metal, some can be bloodbenders, etc). But to fix your issue, give your account those two permissions then run /b add blood <user> .

To solve this in future, I'd recommend always giving people the bloodbending subelement and just not give them the ability. That way, you don't have to add the subelement when you give them it (as since they have permission, they'll already have it, but just not the ability).

Hope that helps. :)