• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Remove Tornado or else improve it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

Verified Member
I find the arguments and thread useless. I personally agree with @Finn_Bueno_ because I do use Tornado to travel and I use it sometimes in fighting to trip people and push them around. I always considered Tornado an upgraded version of AirBlast (@Loony since you mentioned that AirBlast is a utility move) because
  • It can push more people around
  • It can lift yourself and hover
  • You can direct it better
  • It's more controllable
Plus, Tornado was the original 9 moves. No complaints and no one glanced an eye at it thining "This is not canon" or "This is useless". This is all opinion and no facts. If this is not canon, then show me how its not. If AirSpout does what Tornado does, then why isn't [tornado] removed?

Tornado Flight? That is why we have airspout for, while this technique is alot better than airspout(in my opinion), even nobody uses it, it should be removed (either airspout, but than again leave it, which this brings me to...).
We have airspout so airbenders can suspend themselves in the air while doing other things. Keep in mind that in TLA and LoK, airbenders normally couldn't keep airspout running for long. Don't confuse Flight with suspended levitation. People use AirSpout and Tornado for different reason.

Tornado is uncanon, or atleast to one bender, as I only seen it being performed by multiple (at like around of 10-20 people). Ofcourse, comparing this to that type of tornado, would be like comparing a big mac to a small hamburger, but still seeing that it can...
Jinora produced a small tornado; the others only helped to increase it. It also appear a few times in TLA. It is canon.

Lift up mobs into air and than dropping 'em to death. I'm complety fine with this, but what I don't like about this tornado technique on how it doesn't affect players the same how it did with those creatures. Are the monsters light as a feather, as so the reason why tornado can lift them easily while it flinches players a few blocks, but highly doubt in this fact and I believe they can activate pressure plates proving this fact to be false
The only reason why Tornado doesn't affect players is because no one wants a move that can pick them up 20 blocks into the air and then drop them.

This could be optional, but I think the tornado should make the bender I huge jump, like how the current this technique is, but it should not sustain the flight for the bender
This sentence makes no sense. You don't want the airbender in question to hover, but you want them to take a "huge jump"?
If the person has enough power to nullify the pull of gravity, then they can certainly maintain it so they can hover.

Let's see why Tornado is a unique and useful move.
  • You can use it to travel like @Finn_Bueno_ said.
  • You can use it to push people out of the way. (I personally use it when someone is firejetting around me.)
  • You can use it to fling mobs away from you. (Like a wave of zombies.)
  • You can use it to block moves that use entity blocks (Like the DLC move EarthShard.)
Tornado shouldn't be removed. If you don't like Tornado, you can simply remove perms.

Hero

Verified Member
Besides, @Finn_Bueno_ you are a develop. Why can't you make it as an DLC and keep it for yourself? Unless the reason is that you don't own a server and like @Loony said, nobody will install it because less of them would use it. I don't know any other reason on why you won't prefer coding this ability for your own.

While I do know why some people would like it to use it for survival use (not just killing mobs), thats the reason why I left a second option instead of totatlly removing it - to tweak so that it could only sustain players flight but not affecting mobs for the reason that I have already explained in my post.
First, that is extremely rude. Finn Bueno is a Developer. Not a "develop". One is a proper noun and the other is a verb. @Finn_Bueno_ can do something you (@Meskenas-Chi_Blockeris) can't. The reason why it shouldn't be made into a DLC for himself is because he isn't the only one to use the move. I am confident to say 90% of airbenders used it a few times and 60-80% have it bound.

Second, your suggestions on making Tornado exist is awful. That Tornado is something that should be removed. Who would want a freaking tornado do nothing but push them up?

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Jinora produced a small tornado; the others only helped to increase it. It also appear a few times in TLA. It is canon.
Yes, by the influence of the avatar state. If not removing/changing, its size should than be downgraded.
The only reason why Tornado doesn't affect players is because no one wants a move that can pick them up 20 blocks into the air and then drop them.
Than why other abilities don't deal a devastating affect to mobs, such as mob being killed by one fireblast? If the Tornado is ever gonna worked on to make it realistic, removing the magical non-immunity for mobs would be a start.

Not to mention, Air nomads suppose to be a peaceful nation and used it care not to hurt other people, and especially to animals (killing players is an exception, because what'a the fun and purpose would be for them to fight in arenas?). This tornado effect just makes it more easily to kill them, which in my opinion destroys their culture emphasis of not harming everything that "[everyone's] life is sacred". That's why in the game, this bending style is more base of the cultural aspect of the people that use it, than of the possible potential it could have despite of maintaining the usual airbending standard rule, which is the reason why airbending should be kept like this - with the lackage of having powerful offensive techniques.

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
First, that is extremely rude. Finn Bueno is a Developer. Not a "develop". One is a proper noun and the other is a verb. @Finn_Bueno_ can do something you (@Meskenas-Chi_Blockeris) can't. The reason why it shouldn't be made into a DLC for himself is because he isn't the only one to use the move. I am confident to say 90% of airbenders used it a few times and 60-80% have it bound.

Second, your suggestions on making Tornado exist is awful. That Tornado is something that should be removed. Who would want a freaking tornado do nothing but push them up?
Sorry for my English, as I'm used to speaking it this often. That mistake wasn't purposeful, as I had forgot to type the -er end. I did not tell him to keep it for himself, but rather share with the rest of the community by uploading it here.

I am fine that you don't like it, so I'll be respecting your thoughts about this change, even if it's negative. I think it would be wiser to allow it to just push them instead of throwing them into the air and leaving them to drop to their death, because I again, I don't see any logical reason they should be while normal players aren't, by scientific means.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
She isnt the avatar.
You were referring that there were other times in The Last Airbender series, which I mostly remember from there when tornado was shown by avatarstated influenced airbender. That's the most closest full sized I recall seeing to be canon.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
I'm against Tornado being removed. If you really want one major improvement, then how about giving tornado something similar to this.
(Hopefully this'll work)
https://j.gifs.com/73VDWB.gif
You see how Aang had the tornado go on the rock pillar's surface?
Why not have tornado be able to do that with walls?
(I do have a whole tornado rework idea that includes this feature, I just don't think it'd be right to post it here)

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
She isnt the avatar.

Because literally no one else cares about mobs.
There are some people and some cases where people do care. I'd say you don't care whenever it should be kept as a defensive element, because you'd prefer to kill them with Tornado. While I do have nothing
wrong to what tactic you choose to use - the traditional defensive airbender or of the agreesive one such as Zaheer. If won't care if you choose to spam airswipe and asphyxate them later one.I'm just annoyed that you can easily kill them in a few seconds, because you don't have to put a lot effort in forming this powerful lethal construct.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
There are some people and some cases where people do care. I'd say you don't care whenever it should be kept as a defensive element, because you'd prefer to kill them with Tornado. While I do have nothing
wrong to what tactic you choose to use - the traditional defensive airbender or of the agreesive one such as Zaheer. If won't care if you choose to spam airswipe and asphyxate them later one.I'm just annoyed that you can easily kill them in a few seconds, because you don't have to put a lot effort in forming this powerful lethal construct.
Don't we have charge times for that? :p

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I agree, but the problem still exists that it can suck up mobs. The Plugin main purpose is to add a new interesting fun combat dynamic - to fight against other benders, NOT mobs. It's ridiculious that one bending move can overpower only mobs easily with its devastated effect. Imagine if an airbender was able to kill them with only one shot airblast... That's overpowered and makes less sense

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I agree, but the problem still exists that it can suck up mobs. The Plugin main purpose is to add a new interesting fun combat dynamic - to fight against other benders, NOT mobs. It's ridiculious that one bending move can overpower only mobs easily with its devastated effect. Imagine if an airbender was able to kill them with only one shot airblast... That's overpowered and makes less sense
Your argument here is really bad. Mainly because the plugin is not directly or mainly combat. It's replicating bending.

Status
Not open for further replies.