• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

What is considered canon?

Adamskii6

Verified Member
My question is, are the books: The Promise, The Search, Lost Adventures etc, considered canon or not?

Someone please reply cuz I'm reading The Promise part 3 now.

Also, what else is considered canon?

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
Canon sources:
The Legend of Korra
The Promise
The Search
The Rift
Anything stated by Mike and Bryan
Other graphic novels yet to come:
Non-canon:
Chibi-specials
Unaired pilot
COMIC books (these are different than graphic novels)

Matt

Verified Member
Canon sources:
The Legend of Korra
The Promise
The Search
The Rift
Anything stated by Mike and Bryan
Other graphic novels yet to come:
Non-canon:
Chibi-specials
Unaired pilot
COMIC books (these are different than graphic novels)
I'm pretty sure certain content out of a Comic book can still be used

Matt

Verified Member
That was a fan-made thing. Nickelodeon made it, not Mike and Bryan so no THAT comic is NOT canon.
Eventually we'll have nothing but fan made stuff, considering all avatar / tla stuff is now discontinued it'd only a matter of time.

Last edited:

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
Well I mean, nobody was under the impression that we'd be thinking up new moves forever, right? Eventually we're trying to get to a point where there's an official version out with nothing that you would conceivably need to change, maybe configurable for server owners, and then the Devs can go on with their actual lives, jobs finished.

Matt

Verified Member
Well I mean, nobody was under the impression that we'd be thinking up new moves forever, right? Eventually we're trying to get to a point where there's an official version out with nothing that you would conceivably need to change, maybe configurable for server owners, and then the Devs can go on with their actual lives, jobs finished.
I mean the finished Core and config yes but I think the devs will be sticking around as well.