• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Welcome To Project Korra

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Hello all, welcome to Project Korra. This mega thread will provide information on the project in great detail, as well as list out some of the goals of the project.

What is 'Project Korra'?
Project Korra is a new place for members across the Bending Minecraft community to interact. Project Korra will cover more than just the existing Bending plugin available on the Bukkit platform, I hope that in time it will cover many more aspects of Minecraft. Things such as a new, completely rewritten Bukkit Plugin that is actively maintained, a full on Forge Mod, completely compatible with the plugin, Resource Packs, and more. This project is expected to last for a very long time, with the goal of bringing the Bending Minecraft community together.

Who Even Are You?
Hey, I'm MistPhizzle. If you own a server on the official Bending Server list available on Bukkit, chances are I've visited. I have been working on / with the existing plugin for the better part of two years, and would hate to see the plugin and community go away. I've developed a few aspects of the existing plugin, suggested several more, managed the official server list, and created the existing MinecraftTLA wiki. I am a Java Developer, primarily (pretty much 100%) focusing on Minecraft and Bukkit. I have run a server for almost 3 years now, and am excited to start up this new project.

When will a download be available?
Not for a bit, expect a post about developmental goals soon, that'll detail what needs to be done before we can release the first beta build of the ProjectKorra Bukkit plugin. At the same time, we will have teams of people working on an official ProjectKorra Resource Pack (and will allow others to post their own). Once the plugin is satisfactory we will also be working on a SSP / SMP Forge Mod for Minecraft that brings Bending to a whole new level, the plugin is our first goal.

What can I do to help out?
There is something for everyone to do! We will need people from pretty much everywhere, here are a few things we'll need early on:
  • Developers - This whole thing will go much faster with a team of developers instead of just myself. There will be applications opening up soon for java developers interested in joining the project.
  • Graphic Artists - There are so many things you guys could do I don't even know where to begin. Namely, a better forum banner, and we can get started on a Resource Pack.
  • Players - We'll need suggestions on improving the project and ideas in the early stages.
  • Server Admins - We need server support as well. Just so we know we aren't going into this project alone. Once the first beta is launched we'll need testers, as well as those to spread the word to their players.
Why would I tell my players to register here?
Having several voices chiming in on the project is a great thing. You don't have to worry about us stealing your players or anything, as this is not a server, nor will it ever be one. There is a strict no advertising rule in place to prevent your server base from being taken from you as a result of this forum. We will not put an 'official' test server up, that is for the Server Admins to do that choose to test our product.

Will it cost anything?
Absolutely not! All downloads posted here will be available to you completely for free. There is a donation option available if you would like to donate to the project itself. The truth is, it does cost to keep the website up and going fast, but we don't want to put that burden on you, unless you're willing to take it. The project is non-profit, no Moderators, Administrators, Artists, or Developers will ever receive a penny. This project is completely voluntary, the thanks should suffice.

Last edited:

owlcool

Verified Member
So much hope, you can obviously tell that this would have eventually evolved into a miniskirts physics plugin. But it seems to have lost that dream over time. :(