• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Weekly Update: 9/5/2014

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Before you begin reading: Make sure you read last week's update, the one posted on august 29th. A lot of this post alludes to that one.

Hello all! I don't anticipate this update to be as large as the last one by no means, as there simply isn't a lot to cover, but there are a few points I would like to address:

Forum Registration
  • We gained 72 new forum registrations this past week. (417 total)
New Staff Member
We added a new member to the ProjectKorra Staff this week. Coolade has joined the team as a developer and from the looks of it he'll be submitting some cool things for the plugin in the very near future.

Hiring More Staff
The forum is growing at an exponential rate, we will need to pick up Moderators just to keep forum spam and advertising down. We will be hiring from outside of our existing staff for this position. Please fill out a Community Moderator Application if you are interested. Do not bug me about the status of your application, we will probably begin picking these within the next week. You can read the Applications thread for more info about what the Community Moderator position entails.

Dev Build Status / 1.4.0 Development Goal Update
Another week of 'slow' development. Things will pick up this weekend, we have some awesome dev builds in store! I'll just leave it at that for now. At the rate we're going we'll probably be finished with 1.4.0 within the next two weeks.

This is the part of the post in which I tell you what we still have to do for 1.4.0
  • General Changes
    • Custom player made presets
    • Commands to trigger events
    • Disabling Bending per world via the config.
  • Airbending Changes
    • New Item
    • New Enhancement associated with the item hinted at above.
  • Waterbending
    • New ability under an existing 'subelement'
  • Earthbending
    • Another new Lavabending ability.
  • Firebending
    • Do some cleanup on what is already there.
  • Chiblocking
    • Chiblocking has received several fixes already, it looks like it may be done for 1.4.0.
Donations
I mentioned in last week's post that we would eventually have to open up Donations to sustain the website. There hasn't been any progress made on that, as it really isn't a top priority. It is likely that I will begin working on it this weekend. For more information, please see last week's post.

Suggestions / Bug Reports
We have been getting new bug reports and suggestions like crazy lately! This isn't necessarily a bad thing at all, but it can be overwhelming, especially with these large mega threads and duplicates popping up. Beginning now, I highly encourage you guys to keep bug reports / suggestions to ONE per thread. This means no more threads with 10 different ability ideas in them. One thread, one suggestion. See the thread prefixes thing below this. This will make it easier to sort through them when I'm looking for a specific one. At the moment this is not an 'official' rule, but you can expect it to be in the near future.

The Concept Design team will eventually, under my direction, go through each and every suggestion on the forum and mark them as either 'Looking Into', meaning we want to look into the subject further, 'Denied' because it is either a duplicate / impossible / not needed, or 'Complete' because we have already completed at least a part of the suggestion. I want to begin to get through suggestions and bug reports more efficiently, and that means that a lot of the current clutter and duplicates will have to go. If we do deny your suggestion we will almost always provide a reason.

Long Story Short: Expect some redesign with the bug report / suggestion area on the forum to make it more intuitive for everyone to use.

Thread Prefixes:
This is another one of those things I'll begin pushing more, especially when it comes to Suggestions / Bug Reports. Thread Prefixes are those little colored strings of texts before a thread title. In the Suggestion forum, they are becoming more widely used, by force. It forces you to label it as a suggestion when you are making a post and then I can go back in and update it with a new status. Clicking thread prefixes will allow you to sort all threads in that forum. This isn't really news, just a cool feature I wanted to point out.

Server List / Advertising
I feel the need to make this clear, the only place a server name / ip should exist on the ProjectKorra website is on the server list. I am going to start cracking down on this more, issuing forum bans, etc. The server list was meant to ease this a lot, while it has helped, the problem still hasn't gone away. That said, I am setting up some new punishments for improper advertisements effective immediately:
  • 1st Offense: Forum Warning, Post Removed
  • 2nd Offense: Forum Warning, Post Removed, Server removed from the list. (You may apply to have it re-added in two weeks)
  • 3rd Offense: Post Removed, Server Permanently removed from the list, 2 week ban from the forum feature that you were using to advertise (PM, Wall Posts, etc).
  • 4th Offense: Complete Forum Ban.
Side Plugins
  • We released the first bit of extensive information on our ProjectKorra (Spirits) plugin this past week. I highly recommend you go check out that thread, lots of nice information in it!
  • We will begin working on ProjectKorra (RPG) as we work on 1.5.0 of ProjectKorra (Core). ProjectKorra (RPG) will come before ProjectKorra (Spirits)
  • I will probably work on a better naming convention for our plugins, as I'll eventually get tired of typing out ProjectKorra (NameOfProject)
Again, this post wasn't as full of new information as the last weekly update / spirits post was, simply because there wasn't much to talk about. Have a wonderful weekend / whenever you're reading this!

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
You shouldn't be advertising. Its not like its an easy thing to do by accident.

Immallama

Verified Member
Sounds like these next few weeks are going to be filled with a lot of good stuff. Keep up the great work!