• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

WaterWave improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Immallama

Verified Member
Alright, so don't get me wrong, I'm extremely grateful that we got any water abilities at all. I especially love that WaterWave was added but I think eventually some things need to be changed.

1) The name. The name isn't that great. For people new to the plugin, WaterWave would probably sound like Surge. Something simple like Surf or WaterJet would fit the ability nicely.

2) The start up time. WaterWave was used in ATLA to quickly move around the area in fast paced battles and dodge projectiles. As it currently is, the plugins version of WaterWave doesn't work like that. The speed of the actual wave and the length the wave lasts is perfect, but it just needs a faster start up time. I think the whole torrent animation needs to be completely scrapped. Instead you should just be able to click a source and shift to jet away at a moments notice. I know there's the concern of balance so obviously a longer cooldown would be added (or whatever else you guys want)

3) This one isn't as important but I thought I'd share my idea. In ATLA and TLOK, WaterWave has been shown being used infinitely in large sources of water. I suggest that when using WaterWave directly over large sources of water (lakes, rivers, oceans) the wave will last until you either run out of water or hit shift.

Dr_CrossFire

Verified Member
Also, and perhaps it sounds stupid, but being able to bottlebend one of these would be amazing. I know it technically wouldn't fit in one, but hey, look at surge, especially at night or during full moon.

Dr_CrossFire

Verified Member
thats rude. and I don't like your suggestions, none of them are on mine.
You do realise you're being rude too, by stating the exact same things? People are allowed to have opinions, and he was stating a fact when he said that this thread didn't include your suggestions.

Immallama

Verified Member
Also, and perhaps it sounds stupid, but being able to bottlebend one of these would be amazing. I know it technically wouldn't fit in one, but hey, look at surge, especially at night or during full moon.
I'm pretty sure one of the developers said they were working on this actually!

thats rude. and I don't like your suggestions, none of them are on mine.
Not rude, just suggesting you read a post before making claims. It honestly doesn't matter if we like each others abilities. I think mine make more sense and you think yours do. No big deal, just a difference in opinion.

owlcool

Verified Member
This does seem like a good idea, I just don't want things like combustion being useless for combos, and tricks, and whatnot. Put something in there that is useful like firejet to charged fireblast, and I will support it as much as possible.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
This does seem like a good idea, I just don't want things like combustion being useless for combos, and tricks, and whatnot. Put something in there that is useful like firejet to charged fireblast, and I will support it as much as possible.
How does this relate to this post?

Dr_CrossFire

Verified Member
So I've seen a dev post that he's trying to tackle bottlebending a WaterWave, and I'd like to suggest something: make it so that you'll only be able to bottlebend one if you're on the ground or in water, to prevent people from chaining them up.

Immallama

Verified Member
So I've seen a dev post that he's trying to tackle bottlebending a WaterWave, and I'd like to suggest something: make it so that you'll only be able to bottlebend one if you're on the ground or in water, to prevent people from chaining them up.
Good thinking. I hadn't even thought of that.

ChrisfromMars

Verified Member
Great idea! Also, what if another waterbender was able to interact with the wave? Like if they shift in the water and can tailgate behind the other person, or perhaps were able to phasechange it mid flight? Just an idea though.

Immallama

Verified Member
Great idea! Also, what if another waterbender was able to interact with the wave? Like if they shift in the water and can tailgate behind the other person, or perhaps were able to phasechange it mid flight? Just an idea though.
Not bad ideas, but I'm not sure if that was ever shown in the show. What I think would be cool is if you could somehow use the WaterWave as a torrent when it ends.

Gahshunk

Verified Member
[Pennquote="Immallama, post: 4509, member: 129"]Not bad ideas, but I'm not sure if that was ever shown in the show. What I think would be cool is if you could somehow use the WaterWave as a torrent when it ends.[/quote]

Perhaps it would be appropriate as a frontal torrent, similar to surge, instead of guiding out in all directions

owlcool

Verified Member
How does this relate to this post?
The idea for no warmup makes it so that you can't have tricks like surge to waterwave. I am completely supportive of tricks like a ice sphere around you, using torrent. I don't like combustion because it is just useless for tricks like that. I don't want it to repeat itself again, espicially on the other elements. Op moves, useless for tricks and combos. That is the problem here.

Gahshunk

Verified Member
The idea for no warmup makes it so that you can't have tricks like surge to waterwave. I am completely supportive of tricks like a ice sphere around you, using torrent. I don't like combustion because it is just useless for tricks like that. I don't want it to repeat itself again, espicially on the other elements. Op moves, useless for tricks and combos. That is the problem here.
There were only two combustion benders in the series. Combustion Man didn't use traditional firebending and P'li was rarely shown using traditional firebending. The idea of doing any 'tricks' with combustion is to miss the point of Avatar where the attack, although complicated, was very straight-forward in combat with the only exception being the ability to curve the combustion beam at an angle.

I apologize for getting off topic, but I feel water wave's name is a bit misleading, as well. A name out of the Pokemon franchise wouldn't be half-bad :p

owlcool

Verified Member
So combustion is a ability only used by skilled masters of firebending, so it can be used by everyone naturally. It seems to be noob fodder, as it could just be shot every once in a while, and it is impossible to use accurately, goes 7 blocks, extremely long cool down, does 8 hearts of damage. So basically you need to stand perfectly still to actually hit your target, and be 7 blocks away or less. Seems like the best moves for combos, and guess what I just thought of while ranting about this move. I thought of a combo that involves combustion. Forget I said anything.
These are not the droids you are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.