• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Waterbending Changes/Additions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy

For a while now, I have seen people complain about how Waterbenders are not receiving any new bending abilities and just recently I viewed an edit for Octopus Form presented by Immallama. In my opinion, I agree with Immallama, Octopus Form does need some changing. It takes a while for Octopus For to fully form and once formed its only use it knock back and a little bit of damage. Don't get me wrong, Octopus Form is great for battling mobs, but when fighting other users, its easy to manipulate the Waterbender since they are slow (Waterbender must hold shift to keep the form) and and its range is really short so you can never land an attack. In my Opinion, I feel that Octopus Form should be removed and replaced with a new move called Water Gimbal. This ability would actually be a 2 in one, just like torrent is and it presents itself as both an offensive and defensive attack.

Ability Name: WaterGimbal
1)When a user clicks a source block and then holds shift, 2 rotating rings of water will be placed around the user (this will last for however long a user remains to hold shift or when they click). The 2 rotating rings of water will serve as a shield. This shield will protect a Waterbender against moves like Fireblast, Watermanipulation, and Earthblast.
Example:

2) Once the 2 rotating of rings of water have been formed, a Waterbender can continue to hold shift to keep an ongoing manipulation of 2 water rings or a user can click a nearby victim and the rings will form into water arms that will then grab the victim for 5 seconds. The radius for grabbing a user will be 10 blocks, and once grabbed it will pull the victim towards the Waterbender until they are just 5 blocks away (this also applies to if a victim is 3 blocks away, it will push them to a 5 block radius of the Waterbender). Once a user has reached the radius of 5 blocks, a Waterbender will have total control of them for 5 seconds. They can click once again to throw them, or just hold them until the 5 seconds are up.
Examples:

(Credits to Immallama for finding these images)

3) Once the victim has been held for 5 seconds or has been thrown, the water arms will form back into the 2 rotating rings of water and the Waterbender can await for their next victim.

Wiki Definitions:
Water gimbal: Skilled waterbenders can create a gimbal, or two rotating rings of water, around their bodies. This has both defensive and offensive capabilities, such as being used as a cannon. Kya was seen using this in her fight with Zaheer.

Immallama

I really like this idea actually! I'm perfectly ok with OctopusForm being removed if it isn't going to be changed at all. My only worry is how it might look a bit funny blocking things. This could really spice up battles if added.

Also love your use of the word victim.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
...Like a beta or two ago I made healingwaters so much more OP and had it remove negative potion effects

X_Eco

Really nice.Maybe there could be a slam effect.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This would be my ex-girlfriend.

Last edited:

HydroMan

I like this move not that am against it ,but why should we replace octopus form instead of that (it doesnt make sense to me) and it has one use for it... freezing water near by and walk on it while using the octopus

Good evening, sir. I am here to tell you that your idea seems to me like two halfs that don't fit each other. Here's why:
First of all, you are kinda right in saying that OctopusForm has getting useless at some point, but have in mind that there are Waterbenders, like me, that use OctopusForm as a weapon of choice. Even if you are completly right and Octopus is just a wast of time, space and resources, this move is a symbol of Waterbending, and getting rid of it, you would take from us part of the Water Tribes culture.
Then, the WaterGimball is a great idea that I would like to see within the plugin! Congratulations for the access for that idea (the idea was there, but only few are the ones getting to them)!

Gahshunk

I really like this idea actually! I'm perfectly ok with OctopusForm being removed if it isn't going to be changed at all. My only worry is how it might look a bit funny blocking things. This could really spice up battles if added.

Also love your use of the word victim.
It just got a config update that lets you make the arms reach further...

Sorin

This would be a great ability, Defense against water manipulation spammers, alot more diversity to water, And to be quiet honest the is what water has been needing for awhile! I hope this is implemented!

Status
Not open for further replies.