• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Water Manipulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Water Manipulation is the most basic move in a waterbenders arsenal and it has the LEAST amount of uses. I think that Water Manipulation should be more similar to actually manipulating water instead of blasting it in 1 direction with little creativity on uses.. It would work the same way you tap sneak on a source to select it. However once you left click it wouldn't just blast the water to where you are looking, the water would instead float there waiting for you to do something. If you left click again, normal watermanipulation would activate and blast it at the direction your looking.

However, if you don't left click and you tap sneak the water would expand into a tiny 1 block cross, (the x's are water blocks). It would be just the perfect size to block a basic attack from hitting you. However, it will break once an attack hits it and a 3 second cooldown would activate. It would also move to wherever you look too, and would look like waterflow during a full moon when it does. (It wouldn't be the same size. it would just have a trail of water when it moves that dissipates) This is from the fight against Zuko in the North Pole.

If you click a source and hold sneak for 20 seconds and wait for particles to prompt you to release. You will be able to control the water in 3 blocks radius from where you first sourced the water, trapping anything inside it. This is from the first episode in the TLA series, when Katara tries to catch a fish using waterbending aka "magic water" according to Sokka atleast.

Couldn't Find a gif of it D:

If you click after you sneak, the water would condense back to a normal blast. and left clicking again would activate the first ability.

X
XXX
X

SuperBower118

Verified Member
So basically you want watermanipulation to do surge's job as well, while also being able to move water around.
Sneaking for TWENTY seconds doesn't seem viable for any part of this plugin if you had to ask me.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
So basically you want watermanipulation to do surge's job as well, while also being able to move water around.
Sneaking for TWENTY seconds doesn't seem viable for any part of this plugin if you had to ask me.
I want it to be more versatile. Like every other move waterbending has.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
I want it to be more versatile. Like every other move waterbending has.
Well to be fair, all torrent can do is release that ring or you can launch it and freeze people to no end. I don't really think any water move is versatile because they're all so static, but if you want to make water versatile, I won't complain.
What I will complain about is when you want to make watermanip into a surgeshield when you can already perform surge shield, more or less, now with the whole part of the water being raised, it makes for water being able to block a lot of things. The 3-second cooldown doesn't matter much since you can just torrent within that time and the cooldown is over by the time you've torrented your foe.

Green

Verified Member
Ummm that mechanic is not fast enough to AT ALL for the shield thing..... This Is not needed.

NickC1211

Verified Member
Water Manipulation is the most basic move in a waterbenders arsenal and it has the LEAST amount of uses. I think that Water Manipulation should be more similar to actually manipulating water instead of blasting it in 1 direction with little creativity on uses.. It would work the same way you tap sneak on a source to select it. However once you left click it wouldn't just blast the water to where you are looking, the water would instead float there waiting for you to do something. If you left click again, normal watermanipulation would activate and blast it at the direction your looking.

However, if you don't left click and you tap sneak the water would expand into a tiny 1 block cross, (the x's are water blocks). It would be just the perfect size to block a basic attack from hitting you. However, it will break once an attack hits it and a 3 second cooldown would activate. It would also move to wherever you look too, and would look like waterflow during a full moon when it does. (It wouldn't be the same size. it would just have a trail of water when it moves that dissipates) This is from the fight against Zuko in the North Pole.

If you click a source and hold sneak for 20 seconds and wait for particles to prompt you to release. You will be able to control the water in 3 blocks radius from where you first sourced the water, trapping anything inside it. This is from the first episode in the TLA series, when Katara tries to catch a fish using waterbending aka "magic water" according to Sokka atleast.

Couldn't Find a gif of it D:

If you click after you sneak, the water would condense back to a normal blast. and left clicking again would activate the first ability.

X
XXX
X
I like this I think it embodies what water is attack and defense together. However I feel like it needs to be faster like for the shield look in the direction of attack and hold shift and the water will rise up. Then to shoot it it's the normal shift at the water click in a direction.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Sneak then left clicking to make a water block float creates an predictable projectile; if I see that happening, I would catapult/dodge away from the scene to prevent the blob hitting me, because I'll KNOW im gonna get attacked.

Surge, Surge, Surge... Is it good looking? Yes. Is it necessary? No, but overall I think the look of what Katara did can be changed into surge's shield.

I only agree on catching the fish part. If you release sneak early, you will get the block without a fish inside, with the capability to physically place the block as if you did with a bucket.

Status
Not open for further replies.