• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Water Making So Much Ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

BryanPlays

Verified Member
I think that "torrrent ice", or whatever it is called, should have a cooldown. It is rediculous and obnoxious how waterbenders can just constantly trap you in ice.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
I agree with you for that and other reasons.
One of them is how waterbenders would freeze someone in the show. Take a look at Katara, per example, in the finale of the first book: the motion she had done to trap Zukor wasn't as easy as our equivalent of "clicking".
I could see some changes to this and one of them being the freezing a combo, somehow involving PhaseChange. Same with Surge. I am sure we all have already come to an arena where the is icebergs everywhere when, at the same time, even Master waterbenders, like Unalaq, weren't capable of freezing someone instantly nor easily.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
There is an exception for a feor waterbenders, when Unalaq froze a chi blocker and Desna&Eska froze Mako&Biolin.

BryanPlays

Verified Member
There is an exception for a feor waterbenders, when Unalaq froze a chi blocker and Desna&Eska froze Mako&Biolin.
But, they had to focus a lot of their energy on them, they were not able to make ice out of water and just leave it there forever like you can do in arenas. Besides it doesn't really matter if this happened in the show, the ice that water can make so easily it's just simply too OP.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
But, they had to focus a lot of their energy on them
Unalaq froze a chi blocker and Desna&Eska froze Mako&Biolin
Meant to say Tarrloq instead of Unalaq. For those waterbenders didn't take too long to freeze their opponents, so I'm adding this few exceptions for Taiko's claim. Cooldown is the closest thing you can get for what you want, since you said "[they] had to focus a lot of their energy" to pull freezing techniques off.

By the way, there is a time limit how long ice stays, so they don't stay there for infinitive amount anymore with recent changes from new betas.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
The size of the ice sphere and cool down are both editable in the configuration file. Therefor this is up to server developers and server owners to do rather than Pk developers. They have done their job in creating the moves as well as adding the option to edit them. The server owners and developers have the option to change this. I would go to them and see what they would be willing to do. Ask them to look at the "Cooldown" and "Radius" of Torrent. This should be what you are looking for. The radius doesn't clarify what exactly it is for. It could be for the ring size, attack radius of the stream or the ice sphere. If it isn't for the ice, then there is no configuration for it and then it would be up to Pk to change this.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Which you can do via configuration. Ask the server owners and developers to see if they are interested in changing it. Changing the cool down for Torrent ultimately changes the cool down for the ice. No torrent, no ice.
But then there is this first world problem for him - i.e. he wants torrent spammers to not freeze him with torrent through the spam. That would at least have some of those spamers to change stragedy, such as attacking with torrent and afterwards freeze with surge and so back and forth. That would make them less annoying, which he and I would rather want them to spam two seperate abilities instead of one.

I also think there should be a configuration that disables freeze at all, for both, surge and torrent.

Sshawarma

Verified Member
I have an idea....maybe we can make the rpg plugin have a sort of "energy" system. When you use a move, you use up energy and have to wait for it to recharge. As you become more experienced, your energy capacity increases. Some moves use up more energy than others. ....this actually might be a really good idea

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I have an idea....maybe we can make the rpg plugin have a sort of "energy" system. When you use a move, you use up energy and have to wait for it to recharge. As you become more experienced, your energy capacity increases. Some moves use up more energy than others. ....this actually might be a really good idea
We have the thing called a "cooldown". Nobody (aka. at least the staff) likes mana systems andI can why, because I find it unnecessary when there is this similar thing, that I had already claimed in my first sentence.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Realistically if a water bender has water they have the option to freeze or not to freeze. Torrent has this option. I don't think a cool down on ice would be necessary, only a cool down on the entire move, because again, if you have water, a water bender can freeze it at will.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Realistically, if a waterbender has water they have the option to use many times or not, yet in the plugin they can't for balancing reasons by the owners to choose from.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
If you mean they can use a water source as many times as they want, that is true in the plugin. The plugin does not account for logical mass unless you are using water bottles (sometimes) or a 1x1 source of water (again, sometimes).

Sshawarma

Verified Member
I still like the idea of a mana system with cooldowns on moves though, it will reduce spams and make you think out using "big" moves. Maybe it can be a separate add-on plugin someone can create (maybe me if i figure out the whole spigot/pk api over the summer)

Status
Not open for further replies.