• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied [Water] IceWall: Move to Combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Hello! I think the title is pretty much self-explainatory, so, please, share your opinion!

Name: IceWall

(Sub)Element: Ice/Water

Description (currently): An icebender is able to create an ice wall by sneaking at a water or ice surface. This wall will act as solid blocks, blocking most abilities, only to be shattered by certain moves, like Torrent, IceBlast and IceWall, by sneaking at the wall. Nearby entities will take damage from the ice shards.

Changes: Instead of this ability being a bindable move, it would be a combo.

Combination: Double-tap Sneak (Surge)

Pros and Cons: Might interfer with Bottlebending, yet, clears a slot from the hot bar.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Like how it is mentioned in here? http://projectkorra.com/threads/surge-works-aestheticly-with-controls.3641/

What about on snow(y) and leaf surfaces? When other plants are in front of the bender?

Nearby entities will take damage from the ice shards.
That's literally is a pain to my ass. Make it 5% chance of happening or something. What's the point of using this wall, when everyone seeks to use it against you. Also, why is that you always end up having a shard perched through you? If water gonna get "shard spam" strategy, we might as well apply this thing to all elements (earthbenders will use pebbles as projectiles whenever they smash the walls with earthsmash, fire creating shards with their combusting colliding with a solid block, airbenders throwing rocks when airshielding on stone).

Last edited:

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Like how it is mentioned in here? http://projectkorra.com/threads/surge-works-aestheticly-with-controls.3641/

What about on snow(y) and leaf surfaces? When other plants are in front of the bender?

That's literally is a pain to my ass. Make it 5% chance of happening or something. What's the point of using this wall, when everyone seeks to use it against you. Also, why is that you always end up having a shard perched through you? If water gonna get "shard spam" strategy, we might as well apply this thing to all elements (earthbenders will use pebbles as projectiles whenever they smash the walls with earthsmash, fire creating shards with their combusting colliding with a solid block, airbenders throwing rocks when airshielding on stone).
Sorry, appearently that thread slipped through my research...

I wasn't too sure if it is possible, in the current version of the plugin, to use IceWall in snow. If it is possible, then it shall continue to be. About using this ability on plants, I don't know if I agree with the idea. In the plugin logic, it would make sense, since waterbenders can shoot a giant wave by sucking the tiniest water particles in a poppy flower, but, canonly, in order to make an ice wall, let's say, three blocks high, it would require more water than the amount a tree's entire leaves would provide.

About the damage inflicted by the shards, that is something that should get its own thread, since this one is only about changing the way the IceWall is activated. I do agree with your idea on shards, nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.