• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied [Water] IceSpike reform

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
You know, IceSpike! That ability hidden somewhere in the /bending display Icebending... Near the other cool abilities like PhaseChange and IceBlast... No?

How about that ability that shoots Ice blocks in which you suffocate everytime you bottlebend them while moving? Oh, you know that one! That's also the one which suffocates you when you sneak in an ice platform. And the one you can't use underwater and the one that doesn't rise a Spike when you most needed it. Remember it?

I'm here to suggest some changes to IceSpike. I feel like this ability has been ignored all this time and was rejected my most people. Most. Those who use it can't be satisfied enough because it doesn't work perfectly on how it should work.

As so, the changes I think would bring a more satisfying Icebending experience are listed below:

1) No to Suffocation: countless are the times I saw people getting killed by themselves by using this ability. When used underwater, from a bottle or creating a spike plate around you, the bender is the one who gets most of the damage. I suggest the same solution used in the Torrent suffocation case.
2) Spiking: I suggest the ability for the Ice bender to create a circle of spikes instead of the messie ones. The radius would be determined by the size of the ice platform, being the circle as big as up to 4 blocks radius. If any entity is caught inside the circle, a Spike would also rise if the entity is within the vision range of the bender. If the enemy is 1 block from the bender or less, no spike will shot from below him, in order to prevent self-inflicted damage and to make teaming possible.

HydroMan

Verified Member
It was a long time since I used it, since waterarms and frostbreath replace 2 slots for my 2 stock abilities, those that I use anymore :D By your description, I say it sounds messed up.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
It was a long time since I used it, since waterarms and frostbreath replace 2 slots for my 2 stock abilities, those that I use anymore :D By your description, I say it sounds messed up.
Well... It may be just me complaining and the move is, in fact, perfect, but the case is I need to use this ability in some servers (where spamming is forbidden) so I can have more move variety. But if it deals more damage to me than to my target, that may be a problem.

Loony

Verified Member
Please create a bug report about that suffocation effect because 1. I've never seen it happen and 2. It's not supposed to happen.

The ice spikes go under your opponent but if they aren't in range it does it randomly which I think is fine.
I'm gonna deny this.

P.S, you talked about IceSpike like it was bad and wasn't used. I use it all the time and it's a great move. Might not do a lot of damage but the slowness effect is amazing. IceBlast is the one that's useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.