• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Useful Tremorsense

Status
Not open for further replies.

samson Galvin

Verified Member
I think we can all agree there are a lot of earth bending moves, and a lot of earth benders do not utilize all the abilities.

With the current tremorsense, if you click while having the ability bound, you are able to see if there is a hole under you. I personally have never need to see if there is a hole under me. But with useful tremorsense, you would be able to click and be able to see if there is a non earth bendable block bellow you. This could be used to find mob spawners, structures, and more. Toph does this when she, Aang and Sokka are looking for Fire Lord Ozai in Day of Black Sun part 2.

This would make tremorsense not just a passive ability.

In the config, you could have what blocks would be sensed, how deep and the cool down time.

Attachments

SuperBower118

Verified Member
You're going to have to go into more detail on how exactly this ability would tell you the information such as non-bendable blocks.

samson Galvin

Verified Member
If you click and some small smoke particles appear, then you know that there are non earth-bendable blocks below you. Just like how if you click with tremorsense now it tells you if there is a pocket of air below you.

Loony

Verified Member
In the gif she's seeing the environment around her, there's no proof of being able to tell what's under you / what blocks are under you. But ignoring that fact, I don't think it would be as useful as you think. It would be VERY rare to be directly under a mob spawned and even if you was, you would be able to hear the mobs like crazy. I agree that the functions of Tremorsense do need to improve, however I don't think this is the right way to do so. Suggestion denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.