• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Updating PK

Revi

Verified Member
Hey there. I use ProjectKorra on my server and am quite fond of it. I need to update the plugin, but I have drastically changed much of the config in this plugin. I also believe the update changelog of the plugin showed Config changes in the update like particles, etc. I am wondering how to update the plugin without ruining the config that I made? Do I just have to go back through and change everything again? thanks!

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Hey there. I use ProjectKorra on my server and am quite fond of it. I need to update the plugin, but I have drastically changed much of the config in this plugin. I also believe the update changelog of the plugin showed Config changes in the update like particles, etc. I am wondering how to update the plugin without ruining the config that I made? Do I just have to go back through and change everything again? thanks!
The changes made to the config in the latest update shouldn't affect the values you have set, if I remember correctly it was mostly just additions to the config. These won't affect your set values.

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
The changes made to the config in the latest update shouldn't affect the values you have set, if I remember correctly it was mostly just additions to the config. These won't affect your set values.
I'm going to add on to this that you should keep backups of your config always, just in the event it breaks (but it shouldn't!)

Pride

Verified Member
Either than the update on AvatarState (can customize cooldowns, duration, etc. for things in AvatarState) for 1.8.2 (which I do hope you have), there should be no problem with the config. :)