• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Turning their (opponents') own strength&force against them Principle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watermanipulation
If watermanipulation collides with earthblast head first, the watermanipulation should earthblast projectile backwwards from where it was shot and deal damage of that projectile If hit. Otherwise - earthblast should destroy watermanipulation and continue on going.

Torrent
Once an opponent uses a charge attack on you, while you have torrent spinning (aka. held on 'sneak'), and If you manage to dodge the opponents attack: you can then deal cooldown, with the duration of the charging ability charge that you made the opening with, to the opponents selected ability.

For example, let's say an earthsmash has a cooldown of 7 seconds. You're in a fight with an avatar. He fully charges and sends you an earthsmash at you, which you then create a torrent and dodge the attack. With that opening, your torrent gain the attrobute of inducing a cooldown of 7 seconds. The Opponents selects and has selected fireblast, but now you hit him/her with torrent blast. Now he must suffer with a cooldown of 7 seconds with fireblast.

Surge
Surge should return velocity, inertia and remaining knockback at the opponent If he is approaching with a mobile technique (firejet, earthsmash, catapult ect.), regardless of what Surge's value has. Exception goes to chi blockers and those who get knockbacked by outside and indirect means (via slime blocks, someone else getting thrown by another bender).

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

Last edited:
Yeah. All the other elements know their purpose (earth - defense, fire - offense, air - mobily), while water is there confused to what ever it should use so it decided to be a mixture and that's how it became crap. Water needs to be continuitive and countering.

Watermanipulation
If watermanipulation collides with earthblast head first, the watermanipulation should earthblast projectile backwwards from where it was shot and deal damage of that projectile If hit. Otherwise - earthblast should destroy watermanipulation and continue on going.

Torrent
Once an opponent uses a charge attack on you, while you have torrent spinning (aka. held on 'sneak'), and If you manage to dodge the opponents attack: you can then deal cooldown, with the duration of the charging ability charge that you made the opening with, to the opponents selected ability.

For example, let's say an earthsmash has a cooldown of 7 seconds. You're in a fight with an avatar. He fully charges and sends you an earthsmash at you, which you then create a torrent and dodge the attack. With that opening, your torrent gain the attrobute of inducing a cooldown of 7 seconds. The Opponents selects and has selected fireblast, but now you hit him/her with torrent blast. Now he must suffer with a cooldown of 7 seconds with fireblast.

Surge
Surge should return velocity, inertia and remaining knockback at the opponent If he is approaching with a mobile technique (firejet, earthsmash, catapult ect.), regardless of what Surge's value has. Exception goes to chi blockers and those who get knockbacked by outside and indirect means (via slime blocks, someone else getting thrown by another bender).

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt
Umm... This seems somewhat off to me...

To being, and from what I understood from the first idea, in that example, WaterManipulation would project an EarthBlast projectile backwards. In my opinion, the only Element that should have this capacity would be Air, against Earth, for some reasons seen in-show.

Now, to the Torrent idea, I am somewhat critic.
The definition of "turning one's strength against them" was done in a more subtle way, possible via ProjectKorra, but I don't think this is the case. Through my eyes, there is no connection between a bending attack being blocked and the next counter-attack. All the "turning tides" would be done, on my seeing, like redirecting someone's incoming attack against them, in the form of a wave or a lightning bolt. We can all remember the duel between Katara and Hama. What favoured Katara the most on that fight was Hama's attacks and how Katara would use them as a source or redirect them. Blocking someone's attacks would be the equivalent of killing it, and what strength would be taken from that?

I believe that the best way to implement this principle is to change how the projectiles work, making most of the redirectable (as to liquid or solid) and change their damage to it works also around this principle.

"Turning their own force" doesn't apply water vs water duals... However, that is one of notable and best examples considering your own element back more easily.
To being, and from what I understood from the first idea, in that example, WaterManipulation would project an EarthBlast projectile backwards. In my opinion, the only Element that should have this capacity would be Air, against Earth, for some reasons seen in-show.
I guess. Just for the sake of the principle, I had think of something for this principle to-do something.
I believe that the best way to implement this principle is to change how the projectiles work, making most of the redirectable (as to liquid or solid) and change their damage to it works also around this principle.
What do you mean?

Blocking someone's attacks would be the equivalent of killing it, and what strength would be taken from that?
The Strength your taking is by allowing the opponent to waste their stamina on a chargeful attack before the waterbender turns it against him by forcing the enemy to become fatigue with their attacked added as well. Does that make any sense?

The Strength your taking is by allowing the opponent to waste their stamina on a chargeful attack before the waterbender turns it against him by forcing the enemy to become fatigue with their attacked added as well. Does that make any sense?
That's why we already have the cooldowns, to simulate fatigue. I can't understand how a failed attack would cause additional fatigue to one...

"Turning their own force" doesn't apply water vs water duals... However, that is one of notable and best examples considering your own element back more easily.

I guess. Just for the sake of the principle, I had think of something for this principle to-do something.

What do you mean?
Per example, if an EarthSmash boulder is redirected, it would cause more damage or travel at a faster speed.

Not a failed attack. It's hard to explain. rewatch katara vs zuko scene at north pole.

So the enemy used up their charge attack. They got fatigued right? Send back torrent, and it deals more fatigue, because the water knocks you and tires you. The Waterbender puts him/herself in a position of power after their opponents exploited their weak spot/flawed opening.

Also, Zuko didn't use other moves for quite some time after he was shot through clean.

Last edited:

Madocean

i think a better way to approach water's lack of fluidity is just better means of counter and redirectability within the water meta. Like phase change freezing most attack moves (torrent,gimbal,manip) or something (obviously that SPECIFIC example doesn't make sense, the entire water v water meta would become gross). One thing I've always wanted to see, is torrent ring blocking torrent, like 100% of the time. OH. Actually a solution could be making water moves sourceable, the same way manip is. When you shift at manip on your manip slot, the incoming one dissipates and creates a source you can use to return fire. Maybe if torrent were sourceable, in the sense that you could do some special little combo to source it with torrent (within a set range of course, maybe 3-7 blocks, as to ensure that you cant just 100% tank all incoming moves with ease, that would again kill the meta) and use the source to return fire, maybe some sort of momentum aspect could play into this, justifiying a cool animation possibly. But yeah thats kinda just a sort of a small insight as of how i view the possibility of fluidity of water fights.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
I agree with @Madocean a better way to approach waters lack of fluidity is by changing the way waterbending is countered and redirected. Not by making it add cooldowns to players and reflect velocity, which would make water bending really overpowered.

Denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.