• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Tremorsense idea...

Thomas Hernandez

Verified Member
This isnt necessarily a good idea, but since I dont think its been posted yet maybe someone can think of how to make it better.

Toph uses her tremorsense to dodge earthbending attacks very well (almost impeccably) and then counter them. Right now tremorsense is just utility, but what if when you had tremorsense selected you would automatically move out of the way of earthbending attacks? Like an automatic sidestep. Or maybe you can just move faster... Or maybe you can just punch away earthbending attacks... What do you guys think...

Madocean

Verified Member
I mean, one of the things id like to see happen with tremorsense, is just better awareness. Like seeing through walls and stuff. It'd cut through blindness and stuff but would only work while your feet touch the ground. I think that would make tremorsense 2x as useful and 2x as cool. I agree btw A combo perhaps? Ex.) To Activate; Tap shift on esurf, Punch on catapult.

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Players aren't lazy to press A or D to move to the side. This would recreate aspect an mobility of an airbender, but a lot more frequentent than not. Also, I believe this will get annoying real quick somehow. Just think about it: it controls the player against their will.

And tremorsense just doesn't move an earthbender. It only gives an awareness of their mother element surroundings and anything that touches it

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

Madocean

Verified Member
Players aren't lazy to press A or D to move to the side. This would recreate aspect an mobility of an airbender, but a lot more frequentent than not. Also, I believe this will get annoying real quick somehow. Just think about it: it controls the player against their will.

And tremorsense just doesn't move an earthbender. It only gives an awareness of their mother element surroundings and anything that touches it

I think his intention is, you see a projectile coming and dont want to waste actual mobility moves so it's more convenient to have little bursts, like shift-pult but even shorter. It wouldnt be like air. It'd have a longer cd than airjump.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I think his intention is, you see a projectile coming and dont want to waste actual mobility moves so it's more convenient to have little bursts, like shift-pult but even shorter. It wouldnt be like air. It'd have a longer cd than airjump.
What you explain doesn't make my interpertation wronf. As I said: this is a lazy excuse for not walking/sidestepping mobility.

Little burst = tap A or D key (or anything that's set equalant to moving left or right). Also, how does awareness give you mobility buff? psyche != physics.

Any earthbender could just do what Toph, with or without tremorsense and blindness. If I could, I would pull out the gif of Kuvira doing the same who doesn't use tremorsense.

Loony

Verified Member
This isnt necessarily a good idea, but since I dont think its been posted yet maybe someone can think of how to make it better.

Toph uses her tremorsense to dodge earthbending attacks very well (almost impeccably) and then counter them. Right now tremorsense is just utility, but what if when you had tremorsense selected you would automatically move out of the way of earthbending attacks? Like an automatic sidestep. Or maybe you can just move faster... Or maybe you can just punch away earthbending attacks... What do you guys think...
- Moved to general discussion as this isn't a properly formed suggestion.

I've actually discussed this with the CD team a month or two back; I proposed calculating where the move would go and then displaying particles to show that, however this only should work with moves that are connected to the ground (which is few) and lore wise, it was only needed for Toph because she was blind. It's an interesting idea however it wouldn't really work well in game.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Isn't it? What I understood from the original poster:

Allow Tremorsense to AUTOMATICALLY make you dodge attacks while you have selected. It isn't even talking about an terrokinetic attack/move.
Right now tremorsense is just utility, but what if when you had tremorsense selected you would automatically move out of the way of earthbending attacks? Like an automatic sidestep.

Obviously this would have to be denied, because it is a cheap way of evading attacks with no/little effort. You shouldn't be that lazy to just tap or hold a WASD key to move. This promotes laziness in tactical combat

NickC1211

Verified Member

I've actually discussed this with the CD team a month or two back; I proposed calculating where the move would go and then displaying particles to show that, however this only should work with moves that are connected to the ground (which is few) and lore wise, it was only needed for Toph because she was blind. It's an interesting idea however it wouldn't really work well in game.
This sounds like an amazing idea however the majority of moves don't touch or connect to the ground. Maybe it should like indicate when a player is clicking in your direction or something so that if a player behind you is clicking with like watermanipulation you'll know. Idk how it should notify the player tho

NickC1211

Verified Member
Also I think this move should warn you of incoming attacks but not dodge for you. Maybe if you get warned you should look in a direction and hold shift on tremorsense to like glide in that direction the way toph does in the show.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Also I think this move should warn you of incoming attacks but not dodge for you. Maybe if you get warned you should look in a direction and hold shift on tremorsense to like glide in that direction the way toph does in the show.
Much better idea than what the Thomas proposed -_- I do think this still doesn't. This isn't worth of an ability when can simply-- like you know SPRINT in that direction (if your suggesting that this ability should dash the user a little blocks away). Nontheless, it would fit for chi, not earth.