• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Torrent ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green

Move: Torrent combo

As of now torrents move, were it freezes, is nothing like how it was in the show, and it is not even possible to get that big of a sphere every time you use the move. So what I am suggesting is to get rid of torrent ice and replace it with something else.

2016-05-19_20.35.03.png

So when torrent is launched you can move to phasechange and click before it hits an entity. This will incase the person/mob in a sphere that is half the size or less than the size it is now. If it doesn't hit anything it will freeze when it runs into a block. This will get rid of spamming ice benders and make it more like it was in the show.

2016-05-19_20.42.51.png

Also if you double click with phasechange it will freeze where it is, still the same shape as the stream was but frozen. This can't be phasechanged and will disappear in 7 seconds, and will disappear if you get far enough away.

2016-05-19_20.37.11.png

This will be in a way kind of like icewave, because if it were like, click with icewave to freeze it, it would be OP like torrent is.

And by the way freezing someone in the show wasn't the easiest thing to do, so yes it should be a combo. And it is the perfect combo because of course if your a water bender you have phasechange bound, and it isn't that hard to do...... If you want to freeze someone use surge.

Speaking of!!!!!!!!

Ok this will be the same for surge too!!!!

Last edited:
If Freezing aspect of torrent becomes as an replacement with +phasechange extension, than it would have to be display as a combo. Like when you mention the combo, named "icewave", they have one thing in common: two abilities used to make up a new function. Despite that fact, it still would look odd if icewave existed (I mean displayed as combo, not the function itself) if your change was maded its way to the plugin. Wouldn't you agree.

I like the idea of realistic quantity of blocks the player is frozen in. In my perspective, to clarify the size, it should be somewhere of 5 blocks in total big in a + (< plus) shape generated and probably 3 blocks tall. Of course, the frozen victim would be standing in a center of the popcical. Otherwise, it could just be a full size box (covers 6 blocks of the ground, the height is still same).

pfm2001

From what I understood, you want Torrent to work more like a combo, as well as with a smaller sphere

I think Torrent is fine. Does it occasionally backfire? Sometimes, but it would be a bit tedious to switch between Torrent and Phasechange each time, especially if you don't usually have Phasechange bound that often, or like having it bound on a further slot (e.g. Torrent is on slot 1 and Phasechange is on slot 9.).

This also would make it tedious for people who tend to use Torrent up close, as there will most likely be no time to switch to Phasechange and back.

I'm all for the whole minor sphere though, because the sphere barely does anything and it takes up space most of the time.

xNuminousx

I would just like to remind everyone we are shooting for reality rather than convenientness for players. As far as move suggestions go at least. If changing to phase change and making it a combo is more realistic and gives a more "Avatar" feel to the move, than that's what may need to be done.

Green

From what I understood, you want Torrent to work more like a combo, as well as with a smaller sphere

I think Torrent is fine. Does it occasionally backfire? Sometimes, but it would be a bit tedious to switch between Torrent and Phasechange each time, especially if you don't usually have Phasechange bound that often, or like having it bound on a further slot (e.g. Torrent is on slot 1 and Phasechange is on slot 9.).

This also would make it tedious for people who tend to use Torrent up close, as there will most likely be no time to switch to Phasechange and back.

I'm all for the whole minor sphere though, because the sphere barely does anything and it takes up space most of the time.
By the way people have a very wrong perception that torrent is meant to freeze someone every time. Well it's not!!! It would be physically impossible to freeze that much water over and over, so that is why it should be a combo. Combos are more advanced moves and this torrent freezing is an advanced move so.

Oh and i edited btw

xNuminousx

Correct. Which is way it has the ability to push/pull people around. Acting as a water blast. The ice is just an added bonus

Same could be argued with waterwave + phasechange.

It would be faired to apply the same freezing trigger for Surge, and while there might be new abilties/techniques that could involve freezing from their liquid states, the IceWave displayed in /b d watercombo would have to be changed something along the lines [Ability > Phasechange, with the name changed into "Freezing". Otherwise, I think the ability display would become cluttered with unnacessary combos that would be pretty much obvious, because they would follow almost exact same sequence and can freeze its construct.

Last edited:

Green

Same could be argued with waterwave + phasechange.

It would be faired to apply the same freezing trigger for Surge, and while there might be new abilties/techniques that could involve freezing from their liquid states, the IceWave displayed in /b d watercombo would have to be changed something along the lines [Ability > Phasechange, with the name changed into "Freezing". Otherwise, I think the ability display would become cluttered with unnacessary combos that would be pretty much obvious, because they would follow almost exact same sequence and can freeze its construct.
I agree

Green

I'm bringing this back, because it is more realistic and it was how it was shown on the TV shows....

Green

Ok ok ok, I have seen many people say torrent ice should be a configuration but it really shouldn't..... I don't think the creators of moves kind of need to have a point where they need to stop. Like torrent ice, people could NEVER freeze that much water and do it over and over again!!! These types of things shouldn't even be a config if it is totally unrealistic just saying.

pfm2001

I believe it should be configurable.

Your preference does not speak for the preference of every other person who plays on a PK server.

Green

Ok my "preference" isn't a preference it's a fact that that much ice isn't made out of that much water, sorry. And in the show it wasn't shown that they froze ice all the time, because it was probably difficult.

pfm2001

Forgive my awkward wording, and I understand where you're coming from, but the not freezing thing is (To my understanding) configurable. I know a server that made it impossible to freeze Torrent unless you also had the Ice subelement, so if that's what you were looking for, it's probably already part of PK. However, I may be wrong.

xNuminousx

I think creating ice would be a bit difficult for a lower level bender. But once you learned the sub-element creating/manipulating ice would be as simple as waterbending. I think the size of the ice would be dependant on the size of the torrent rather than the difficulty of creating ice.

Green

*Face palm

I said that torrent ice should be smaller because that much ice can't be created by that much water over and over again.... And it's not even that big of a deal to make it a combo. LITERALLY SWITCH TO PHASECHANGE AND CLICK. The ice is half the size oh well get over yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.