• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Important The ProjectKorra Web Redesign

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Hello everyone!

I'm in a phase where I want to sort of revamp some things, and one of the things I began to look at was the website and forum for ProjectKorra. I intend to fully revamp the design of our website and forum to make it look fresh and provide a more streamlined experience for our users.

This is where you guys come in. You guys use our forum and website far more than I ever do. That said, I am looking for your input as to where our website, forum, and other digital content needs to be improved.

So - let this thread be an open discussion. Comment anything you would like to see done to the website. Color Schemes / Updated Information / Moving things around, etc. Please be careful and take note that these are personal opinions. Do not bash others for their opinions, although you may disagree. I ultimately have a 'final' say when I go and redesign the entire thing.

Finally, try not to suggest the same thing multiple times over. If you see someone post something that you love, don't hesitate to drop a like on the post. It'll make it much easier to process.

I'll eventually begin to keep a list of suggestions that are popular, etc, in the next post.

Things to suggest:
- Color Schemes
- XenForo Add-ons
- Website Content
- Apps that may be useful to our efforts

Have a great day ^^

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I'd like to see the "recent status" thing on the front page return.

EDIT: Another nice thing to have would be the same addon the spigot forums has. The extra rating addon.

Loony

Verified Member
Not too sure about the actual design colour scheme but there are a few things I'd love on the website;

- a place for general help enquiries, PK related or not
- the resource abilities organised into fire, earth, water, air or chi categories
- some tab for staff applications (and so that staff can read them)
- a forum queue where you can read new posts and then click next in queue once you've read it
- denied suggestions moved to the bottom of the list / archived

HydroMan

Verified Member
Thought of another one;
- I currently hate the way the server list is. It's not easy to go through servers quickly and it spams the resource section up. We need a new system.
Well, it has its own categorised subject, that by clicking
Code:
Unofficial ProjectKorra Servers
it displays only the servers on the list and nothing else in it. Regardless, I still want so that I could click once or atleast without a delay twice. Like maybe make it so that hovering at the arrow that is next to resources tab, gives you option to see only the server lists right away?

HydroMan

Verified Member
Here is my request for the forum feature that I really one: To be able to copy a quote of a reply/post even so when it gets denied, aka closed! (sincee I don't know how to make one).

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Maybe an easier way to suggest ideas in the Forums, like a sub-topic of the Forums tag, so you don't always need to go to the forums, select your category, etc, etc. The category you want to post it would be selectable inside the build-up of the suggestion.

*Suggestion is all the good stuff you post: suggestions, bug reports, general discussion...

HydroMan

Verified Member
Also, here's another I thing I want: Add filters for the servers list. In the filters you could allow it to display certain servers that contained one of your marked pk plugins (i.e. projeckorra items plugin), so you can easily find the server you play in that includes those specific plugins.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Maybe an easier way to suggest ideas in the Forums, like a sub-topic of the Forums tag, so you don't always need to go to the forums, select your category, etc, etc. The category you want to post it would be selectable inside the build-up of the suggestion.

*Suggestion is all the good stuff you post: suggestions, bug reports, general discussion...
You mean like categorised by an element or another thing?

Varni1

Verified Member
Don't change the colour scheme please. I think the colour scheme of this website is fabulous.