• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Important The Official ProjectKorra Set of SubElements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Hello everyone. A while back I posted a thread on discussion involving the ability API, we received a lot of cool responses and have made a ton of progress on the API. A part of this was allowing abilities to be considered 'sub elements', thus creating a blessed list of sub elements for the Bending plugin. Not all of these are listed as sub elements on the Avatar Wiki itself (remember, much like the plugin, that too is fan made). The developers, concept designers, and the rest of the staff did have a discussion on what we would consider a sub element and the following list was created.

(More information continued after the list)
The List of Sub Elements:
Airbending: Flight, SpiritualProjection
Waterbending: Bloodbending, Healing, Icebending, Plantbending
Earth: Metalbending, Sandbending, Lavabending
Firebending: Combustion, Lightning

This list at least appears pretty complete to me. I doubt much will be changed with it.

What does it mean for something to be an official 'subelement'?
One of the upcoming BETA builds includes a complete rework of the ability API, a part of that involve allowing abilities to hook into sub elements (and sub element permission nodes). Meaning some abilities or passives may work if the player has the subelement node (i.e. bending.earth.sandbending).

Any ability with a sub element will show up as the different color in the /bending display list.

Not every sub element will have things built into Core, nor are we promising anything. We may choose to work on passives or real abilities later on for the sub elements. Some of these have already been developed extensively, some haven't really been discussed. In no way does this thread serve as a hint as to what we're working on in the future, but it does go to show you what we consider to be subelements.

The new AbilityModule API will be released in a 1.6.0 BETA Build with full support being offered with the official 1.6.0 release.

I'm going to go ahead and close the thread. If you see any confusion around the forum about what subelements are (to ProjectKorra), send them this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.