• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Important The New ProjectKorra Suggestions System

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Since our launch, we have prided ourselves on creating a community that promotes the open flow of ideas. The suggestion system as it existed often led to ideas being lost or knocked far back, only to never be seen again. Thanks to @Loony, we have worked to create a new system to ensure that suggestions are easily sortable and easier to track.

Suggestions can be made in the same way as they always have. We now have different sub-forums for various parts of the plugin. This will help our concept designers and developers when planning releases. Often times, a concept designer will be looking for, say, a Chiblocking suggestion, and would have to sort through many pages to find them. Now, they can simply click on the appropriate subforum and find what they are looking for.

When you go tot he new suggestions area for ProjectKorra (Core), this should make more sense. But here's what the categories mean:

• General: All non-element specific stuff goes here. Broader discussions on mechanics, aesthetic features related to the plugin and not abilities, Avatar related abilities, etc go here.
  • Airbending Suggestions: All suggestions related to Airbending
  • Waterbending Suggestions: All suggestions related to Waterbending
  • Earthbending Suggestions: All suggestions related to Earthbending
  • Firebending Suggestions: All suggestions related to Firebending
  • Chiblocking Suggestions: All suggestions related to Chiblocking
  • Denied Suggestions: A catch-all for suggestions that are ultimately denied. This will keep them from cluttering up the rest of the suggestions lists. We will move threads periodically (once or twice per month).
That said, the general suggestions area that this thread is posted in will house information on how to make suggestions, news from concept designers, or news from myself.

Finally, we have almost started completely fresh on suggestions. Many suggestions have been around for years, they haven't been touched, and have long been forgotten. We have received many comments on purging old suggestions. That is what we have done. Many old suggestion threads have been moved to the Archive where they can still be viewed, just no longer interacted with.

If you strongly believe in your suggestion, feel free to re-make it in the newer categories. That said, do not go and copy old suggestions that were denied or have no place because of how different the plugin is. This is the quickest way to get a suggestion automatically denied.

Thank you!

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I literally JUST made this kind of thing with a thread for Chi Blocking..... I was thinking about doing this for other moves to but I guess I don't have to now...

Pride

Verified Member
Pretty neat and organized now. Lmao.
Now they could look at different categories without bothering to scroll down. Neato!

Heheh. 'Prided'.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
OMG, THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED TO SUGGESTION. I didn't though because I thought nobody would have cared of those "categories", thus I would look stupid with my thread locked :confused:
Finally, we have almost started completely fresh on suggestions. Many suggestions have been around for years, they haven't been touched, and have long been forgotten. We have received many comments on purging old suggestions. That is what we have done. Many old suggestion threads have been moved to the Archive where they can still be viewed, just no longer interacted with.
Good thing hear. That's the issue... nobody bother to check old suggestions. Thought my rebuke was always dismise. It's a good thing to know that you're now finally looking into the issue rather responding with "ya, we know, but we check" and stop it at that. As If you're playing down and accting tisn't happen, when indeed by the looks it does.
If you strongly believe in your suggestion, feel free to re-make it in the newer categories. That said, do not go and copy old suggestions that were denied or have no place because of how different the plugin is. This is the quickest way to get a suggestion automatically denied.
Thank you. I sure will do the underline part. Though I do wish we could do the same from other members', because some have a lot important ideas/concepts than yours.

I have a question thought: Will Concept Designers be able to move them in a different section If suggested in a wrong category? I think they should get granted access to do so, considering that moderators aren't always active and the meantime the C-Designers are while checking the suggestions.

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Aren't you implying that I'm wrong :D When I meant that, it is an understatement and quite obvious one if taken in a literal sense. It's a nice way of saying of 'scarcely' and they don't always move the suggestion when I nicely asked for over months.

Etoiles

Verified Member
It have a substantial amount of users! really, being a plugin for servers rather than a Mod (i mean, there are much less amount of server owners than users) as well being a really specific plugin for those who like TLA or Korra... In the intersection of such groups, we live in :p

xNuminousx

Verified Member
It have a substantial amount of users!
Yes but hardly any of the users this Forum has are active.... Generally a lot of people just come on for help or to download things rather than suggest stuff and really interact with everyone else.

Etoiles

Verified Member
For sure, i mean, while the two of you are the ones who make most posts, the is a portion of people who joust lurk in here... probably :p

Like, having 20 people lurking and a couple posting, it's okay, it's a intersection of two not-so-big groups... Also, given the pace of development, it's okay.. IMHO :)

Edit: I've been a HUGE lurker for like 2 years lol

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Like, having 20 people lurking and a couple posting, it's okay, it's a intersection of two not-so-big groups... Also, given the pace of development, it's okay.. IMHO :)
I don't take bots and non-registered visitors accouted here, when talking about activity here. You'll have to admit it that there was a decent activity with contribution and what not back in somewhere between 2015-2016 period. Right now, even self-promotion bot advertisers start breaking into this forum, which proves my point that this forum did lost a poportion of the activity.

Etoiles

Verified Member
Sure there was! But also, there was more side-plugins developers, so there was something to talk about, more development-active people... I don't know if thats the thing, but i stoped using minecraft at all for like, 8-10 months and when i came back to check the forum, this was really quiet and a lot of plugins was missing

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Sure there was! But also, there was more side-plugins developers, so there was something to talk about, more development-active people... I don't know if thats the thing, but i stoped using minecraft at all for like, 8-10 months and when i came back to check the forum, this was really quiet and a lot of plugins was missing
It is still semi-death. I don't see any new side plugins created here too often.