• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Fixed The "Flying Glitch"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ServerElementals

Verified Member
VERSION: Latest one (Beta 10)
There has been many instances where this flying glitch has been used and is convenient for water benders and/or avatars with state.

The flying glitch basically explains what it does, it gives the ability for players to fly as if they had the ability to fly in creative.

For water benders to perform this, the use of waterspout and an air bender using airburst is needed. While the water bender use airspout, the air bender will be at the same height as the water bender and use airburst to launch the water bender to land. This glitch doesn't always work but has been seen and performed on several occasion.

For those with state, the use of waterspout and avatar state is need. To perform it, the user needs to activate avatar state before or after using waterspout and once they do that, they can fly. This glitch never fails to work.

For all players, this is a warning that if this is seen on the server after this post is up, that there will be consequences to using this glitch. So if I were you, i would avoid using these glitches whatsoever.

-rrusso1996
(courtesy of one of my staff members)

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
This glitch has been here since forever and its pretty much unfixable
Couldn't you make a way to see if they are using one of the abilities, and if they aren't and they don't already have flying perms then disable their flight?

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Couldn't you make a way to see if they are using one of the abilities, and if they aren't and they don't already have flying perms then disable their flight?
Flying perms vary throughout tons of plugins, custom and public

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
That gets complicated fairly quickly as to whether we should or not
Well how so? You make a check to see if they are using an ability that uses flying or if they have the perm, if both return false then disable their flying

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
If you have essentials this is a pretty Ez fix...
1. Make a command block
2. Put "/fly @a off" into the command block.
3. Press the button on the command block and everyone's fly will be disabled.

jack

Verified Member
I've noticed this bug as well, with the Airbending ability Flight. When I use it in survival, usually after some period of time I find myself needing to do /fly and turn it off.

EDIT: Zmeduna, essentials doesn't let you put commands in command blocks. They can only be used for vanilla commands.

jack

Verified Member
You're right, I just did a test. It didn't work on my old server. That's very cool, thank you for mentioning it.
If you have essentials this is a pretty Ez fix...
1. Make a command block
2. Put "/fly @a off" into the command block.
3. Press the button on the command block and everyone's fly will be disabled.
The problem with your solution is that it's not on a redstone clock, which mean it would have to be constantly switched, and if it was it wouldn't let Admins fly either, disabling flight for everyone over and over again and creating lag.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
You can try BendingEssentials! :)
It has a command to toggle fly for everyone except for those with the permission to ignore it.

Status
Not open for further replies.