• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Surge shouldn't jet the user > IceWave the alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surge
Surge shouldn't push the user. Instead, it should create grap before and end after it aproaches the user in a one block distance between the user (Like the scene how Katara soaked Toph without getting herself wet whilst standing in the waves way). Surge should not ignore the user while (s)he is in water however.

Icewave.
Icewave should the alternative for the current Self-Surge-Jet technique. While performing its activation, If you left click with phasechange and holding sneak after switching from the waterwave, it should icewave straight away without chargetime at the speed of the current Surge Distance.

Icewave should only go straight as a downside for using quick-pace mobility move (for BALANCE sake!). Here's how it should loook like:

P.S. I think the aspect of freezing someone should be removed. Reason? Because we already have to many options/moves of freezing someone, to the point that it feels unbalance and doesn't require much effort. Frostbiting someone shouldn't be reintroduced and duplicated to every move imo.

Last edited:
Can you imagine being flung through the air so rapidly as Surge propels the bender in REAL life? At that speed at that certain velocity, can you imagine how your feet would react? They'd probably catch hold of the ground, which would as a result cause the top part of your body to catapult down towards the floor.

View attachment 2975
Imagine this ^ but at the speed of which surge pushes you. I don't think the argument is if it's possible or not, of course it is. The argument is in whether or not it's smart to use. You can mess with the config to set the surge push force a lesser number, if you choose to have it. But I think there are better modes of transportation for waterbenders that could be made. Madocean, even you have to admit the current, default surge push is way too fast. It may take "skill" to master but it pushes you unrealistically fast. Why would a bender propel themselves at that speed, unprotected, and chance breaking an ankle/leg/arm/anything?

Surge is a cheap mode of escape for an element that's not supposed to be based around quick modes of escape. I understand it may be fun, but for other benders who are trying to chase the waterbenders, it's not so fun. When a waterbender gets self surge, waterspout, AND water run, escape for them is just way to easy. Thus, ANY waterbender can make a quick escape. And believe me, I've seen my fair share of "quick escapes" by noob waterbenders. The self surge we currently have disrupts balance.
Here are reasons why. Though, I'm not sure how I can think of a concept that could provide the solution from the problem addressed in the underline paragraph.

@Madocean I won't mind If the animation from the gif of Katara execution will be pick up and taken by the Surge ability.

Last edited:

NickC1211

If I remember correctly they are going to remake surge to be more stream like so maybe surge jet would work more like waterflow. And icewave has been shown to curve but it would need a different animation.

If they are, I want it to LOOK like close to waterflow, but not act and work like one. Surge WAVE is fine as it is functional wise. The Torrent on Steroids variation should belong to avatarstate fusion.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
I disagree completely. I am a firm believer that you can push yourself with a tidal wave. Just not how it currently looks. and not at the frequency you can do it currently, similar to waterwave right now, I believe surge jetting should activate a cooldown and have a slight charge up time, otherwise the water will pass over you w/o an effect.

I think that while the way Surge is currently shouldn't be able to move you, but as current Surge is a giant taco shell of water which should be changed. to look more like a wave of this type of fashion,

Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.