• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied sun/sozin's comet texures

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterFan99

Verified Member
I love this texure pack so far and the lava is great, but i was wondering of you could make a better sun and some sozin comet texures. In the show, Sozins comet made the sky orange and vibrant colors. Even suki said ''the comet looks very pretty, too bad they are gonna use it to destroy the world''. Mabye you could do a eclipse texures aswell, mabye change the sun to black during an eclipse. Mabye the eclipse could ''trigger'' the texure to pop up. I bet its impossible, but thanks for reading guys!

xoxo-Waterfan99

HydroMan

Verified Member
I think that's impossible. But I do have an idea of changing nether sky into a sozin's-comet-approcaching-looking one.

Loony

Verified Member
I'm pretty sure it's impossible to have a texture pack and a plugin working together but I'm not certain. Pending review for now.

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Servers can provide a custom resource pack for players to use but that's about it. Sadly we can't make the sun's texture change for certain events using a resource pack nor can we change the color of the sky for an event. There are just the limits of the minecraft server sadly and can't be done without mods. ;-;

Would be 120% possible with the PK Client Mod though ;)

HydroMan

Verified Member
Servers can provide a custom resource pack for players to use but that's about it. Sadly we can't make the sun's texture change for certain events using a resource pack nor can we change the color of the sky for an event. There are just the limits of the minecraft server sadly and can't be done without mods. ;-;

Would it be possible, for one to change skie into the nether's and end's?

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
@StrangeOne101 Sending chunk updates to all clients, setting the biome to nether maybe? That makes the sky orange and red. (Not sure if it modifies the actuall biome but I don't think so.)

Varni1

Verified Member
I once visited a server that set the biome to nether, although the sun still shined. I think it's possible, but creating a sky looking like sozin's comet isn't possible. Minecraft resource packs have their limitations, sadly.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I hadn't really seen how irl solar eclipse works (It was cloudy in my country/region when it occured), but I remember seeing in ATLA the lunar eclipse turned the scenery in bloody red color. Matching that color, I think it would be appropriate to change the sky into the nether one.

Does the solar eclipse make it look like night time? If so, darken the sky into the night time and replace the moon with the sun (or leave it, as like I said, I never seen both of the eclipses).

This is ofcourse me requesting for the rpg plugin, not the resource pack. I might make a suggestion for this to be adden, if no one else is planning to.

jedk1

Technically.... It is possible.

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Would it be possible, for one to change skie into the nether's and end's?
@StrangeOne101 Sending chunk updates to all clients, setting the biome to nether maybe? That makes the sky orange and red. (Not sure if it modifies the actuall biome but I don't think so.)
I believe the red sky in the nether is the dimension sky color but I may be wrong. In the overworld, the nether biome may just be dark like the end or something. I can't remember what it looks like xD

@Finn_Bueno_ You are right about the way to go about that though. And although it wi change the biome and color temporarily, the right biome just has to be sent back again after ;)
(Or they can relog and that will fix it as well xD )

Technically.... It is possible.
What part of it is possible...?

Unless you mean send a different resource pack to players every time the comet goes past. Oh my poor poor client ;-; RIP xD

jedk1

I believe the red sky in the nether is the dimension sky color but I may be wrong. In the overworld, the nether biome may just be dark like the end or something. I can't remember what it looks like xD

What part of it is possible...?

Unless you mean send a different resource pack to players every time the comet goes past. Oh my poor poor client ;-; RIP xD
yeah i mean sending a resource pack update each time.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I hadn't really seen how irl solar eclipse works (It was cloudy in my country/region when it occured), but I remember seeing in ATLA the lunar eclipse turned the scenery in bloody red color. Matching that color, I think it would be appropriate to change the sky into the nether one.

Does the solar eclipse make it look like night time? If so, darken the sky into the night time and replace the moon with the sun (or leave it, as like I said, I never seen both of the eclipses).

This is ofcourse me requesting for the rpg plugin, not the resource pack. I might make a suggestion for this to be adden, if no one else is planning to.
So does this make any sense, as I am tempting in suggesting this to rpg.

paliate

Verified Member
Marked as Denied.
Not quite sure if this is possible or not, there's not really been much verification.
(Nor do I think that we'll be connecting it with the side plugin(s) at this time)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.