• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion for RaiseEarth

Do you think RaiseEarth should be looked into?

• Yes, I think it should be looked into.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • No, I think it is fine the way it is.

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

UpDoge

RaiseEarth is an Earth ability that some tend to choose when one player inflicts the slightest amount of damage upon their oh-so-very fragile skin. It is annoying, frustrating, cheap, abuse of the ability, and needs to be pointed out. I will be using the poll votes for further evidence in another post. I want to see how many people will unanimously vote whether or not it should be tweaked to have a decent cool-down or at least looked into.

I suggest that the Earth ability known as RaiseEarth should be tweaked. We need this because many Earth Benders that are (for some reason) afraid of death tend to convert to RaiseEarth spam because it has no cool-down and creates a large wall between that player and the attacker. This not only aggravates me, but the community as well.
Although it is a move meant to shield the player. It almost appears as one only abuses this move to annoy and frustrate the opponent. And it angers me even more that it takes such a long time for that wall to automatically go back down since no one but me ever feels the need to collapse it. Please look into tweaking or just messing with this ability as it is a constant problem with players I encounter on the server.
An example of what I am explaining:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x53pgq9

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
There is a cooldown for RaiseEarth, which is also configurable in the ProjectKorra config.

The damage you also get from it is from them being suffocated in the blocks as they are moved. I suppose this could be tweaked but I personally think it's actually a decent feature. Why shouldn't people gain a little bit of shock damage when the earth beneath them is abruptly torn and forced up?

@Pickle9775 or @Easte Can we move this to Core suggestions? Thanks. :)

xNuminousx

Strange is correct, there is an option for a cooldown in the config. But there's also a size option. So where you mentioned "a large wall" that can be changed. It's up to your server owners/developers on whether to fix that issue, not the Pk Developers.

There is a cooldown for RaiseEarth, which is also configurable in the ProjectKorra config.

The damage you also get from it is from them being suffocated in the blocks as they are moved. I suppose this could be tweaked but I personally think it's actually a decent feature. Why shouldn't people gain a little bit of shock damage when the earth beneath them is abruptly torn and forced up?

@Pickle9775 or @Easte Can we move this to Core suggestions? Thanks. :)
Sometimes saying "configurable[...] config" isn't excuse for being out of balanced by the given default conditions. Not saying that this suggestion in thus thread is valid or anything... But that's like equavalent to not there being dirt block in earthbendable list and arguing with someone that "you can configure the list to add" to the person that suggests the DEFAULT tweaks.

Ok, I haven't finish reading the OP's post, (which I should), but judging what I read half of it, I do wanna raiseearth in my opinion is too big without the AS buff. It's uncanon. I would suggest that by default config settings it should be change to be 3 blocks high and wide.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

Switch

Sometimes saying "configurable[...] config" isn't excuse for being out of balanced by the given default conditions. Not saying that this suggestion in thus thread is valid or anything... But that's like equavalent to not there being dirt block in earthbendable list and arguing with someone that "you can configure the list to add" to the person that suggests the DEFAULT tweaks.

Ok, I haven't finish reading the OP's post, (which I should), but judging what I read half of it, I do wanna raiseearth in my opinion is too big without the AS buff. It's uncanon. I would suggest that by default config settings it should be change to be 3 blocks high and wide.

xD, Honestly, I don't really agree with this. Anyone that wants to make a good server without the pk moves being spammy and messing with other players is up to the server owner. However, I do think that the server owners should be able to configure more of the pk moves, as different servers have their own styles to pk. Ps @Meskenas-Chi_Blokeris, You may want to change that double post ??

PK is still is charge in balancing the bending gameplay through config file by the default set settings. Otherwise, why did anyone who created this plugin, and the staff still up to now, bothered to set different cooldown values to each ability in the configuration instead of lazily setting all of them to zero? The Default is suppose to be balancing the bending on its own so it makes the bending fair and not cheap, accordingly how staff believes it suppose to be. The Given editable Config.yml by the PK department, is there/provided for the fans to fully furthermore customize the settings, to configure the things that happen or result by the plugin, hence why it's called a config. The only purpose for that file is to allow players to adjust the settings of the plugin accordingly to the person-who-manages-the-server-file interest, what they see is balanced/acceptable to their server gameplay.

Another point I wanna bring out - why always put the dirty hard job for the server owners? Why they balance everything out tediously?! What I mean is, If by default all the ability dealt 20 hp, I don't think you would disagree with me anymore and start a rant, becase why must the Devs leave us to waste our time scrolling through all the listed abilities and change every damage integer, and all of that (taking a wild guess) 10 minutes or longer?

Last edited:

Switch

Honestly, I get your point. It's just that the devs for the plugin probably expect you to change some stuff, because not all people like the way of the moves ( either change the move config or make your own ). But to put it into context for you... It might be like, "Giving a dull knife blade to someone and expecting them to make a sword ) Granted, you've got pretty much all the things you need to do it ( the knife blade ) which works , but edditing it to a point that it can be used to your liking and to the other users on the servers liking ( for example, making a knife blade into a sword, short sword, katana, knife. You get the point ) but this "dull knife" is the root of the move, granted this thread is about changing the move, but if your players expect more of the move then that generally falls done to you as a server owner, excluding the possibility of bugs in the plugin. "But what if I don't want to configure / make moves ?" Then be happy with what the devs give you, true what you are just saying, is a surgestion, But for freak sake, just looking at the config now, you can change everything you need. ( pretty much ( other than damage ( which would be a nice feature ) ) ) :
RaiseEarth:
Enabled: true
Speed: 10 <--- Kewl feature
Column:
SelectRange: 20
Height: 6 <--- What your whining about
Cooldown: 500 <--- Again, can be changed if too laggy / spammy
Wall:
Height: 6 <--- "change to be 3 blocks high and wide." <--- Copied from you
Width: 6 <--- He's still whining
Cooldown: 500

To answer your next question,
PK is still is charge in balancing the bending gameplay through config file by the default set settings. Otherwise, why did anyone who created this plugin, and the staff still up to now, bothered to set different cooldown values to each ability in the configuration instead of lazily setting all of them to zero? The Default is suppose to be balancing the bending on its own so it makes the bending fair and not cheap, accordingly how staff believes it suppose to be. The Given editable Config.yml by the PK department, is there/provided for the fans to fully furthermore customize the settings, to configure the things that happen or result by the plugin, hence why it's called a config. The only purpose for that file is to allow players to adjust the settings of the plugin accordingly to the person-who-manages-the-server-file interest, what they see is balanced/acceptable to their server gameplay.

Another point I wanna bring out - why always put the dirty hard job for the server owners? Why they balance everything out tediously?! What I mean is, If by default all the ability dealt 20 hp, I don't think you would disagree with me anymore and start a rant, becase why must the Devs leave us to waste our time scrolling through all the listed abilities and change every damage integer, and all of that (taking a wild guess) 10 minutes or longer?
Honestly, with f3 + f , It takes like two seconds to find the move that you are looking for, and another 15 to change the move. Most people can imagen what the move will be like, so there really is no point in complaining with the devs for something that would take you a max of 30 seconds to change.

My points do somehow be valued to be valid in one of point of past time. Like remember when WaterArms were first time introduced as an official in pk? It was some op which is the reason why almost all servers back then had this ability donatable. If it weren't for our fellow member @Joeri that reported the flaws he found with WaterArms, we might have this ability op and donatable in all servers up till now.

See this If you're curious to see the thread I'm referring to: http://projectkorra.com/threads/waterarms-nerfs.2835

Honestly, I get your point. It's just that the devs for the plugin probably expect you to change some stuff, because not all people like the way of the moves ( either change the move config or make your own ). But to put it into context for you... It might be like, "Giving a dull knife blade to someone and expecting them to make a sword ) Granted, you've got pretty much all the things you need to do it ( the knife blade ) which works , but edditing it to a point that it can be used to your liking and to the other users on the servers liking ( for example, making a knife blade into a sword, short sword, katana, knife. You get the point ) but this "dull knife" is the root of the move, granted this thread is about changing the move, but if your players expect more of the move then that generally falls done to you as a server owner, excluding the possibility of bugs in the plugin. "But what if I don't want to configure / make moves ?" Then be happy with what the devs give you, true what you are just saying, is a surgestion, But for freak sake, just looking at the config now, you can change everything you need. ( pretty much ( other than damage ( which would be a nice feature ) ) ) :
RaiseEarth:
Enabled: true
Speed: 10 <--- Kewl feature
Column:
Height: 6 <--- What your whining about
Cooldown: 500 <--- Again, can be changed if too laggy / spammy
Wall:
Height: 6 <--- "change to be 3 blocks high and wide." <--- Copied from you
Width: 6 <--- He's still whining
Cooldown: 500

To answer your next question,

Honestly, with f3 + f , It takes like two seconds to find the move that you are looking for, and another 15 to change the move. Most people can imagen what the move will be like, so there really is no point in complaining with the devs for something that would take you a max of 30 seconds to change.
Although, giving the dull knife for your players with the tools to make it a sword, you shouldn't provide the players with fragile materials (in analogy: fragile = unbalance/cheap) to start building a weapon from the given tools. If you supply your troops (= players) with dull knifes which they have the tools to change those dull knifes into any weapons, but those supplied based knifes that are made out of a fragile material instead of the durable, the troops are won't accept that and will be hating on their captain for providing a weak type of knife (the king is the one who gave the low-quality material to the captain for the task to distribute to their troops). For that reason, the troops move from that regionh to another, but the same problem still remains, because the kind of the land still distrubutes the brittle material. Every region

With this analogy: the captain is the server owner, regions - bending server, and the king - pk. The King/PK just gives what he is left with -- a low quality/unbalanced materials/config. the captain than gives off with what king/pk provided with to every troop/player - with low quality materials. Same thing happens in other regions/bending servers...

Ok, having trouble thinking/finishing the analogy to perfection xD Anyway, if all or magority of the servers have the same 'unbalanced' config set up and LOTS of players dislike that - well I think PK should start listening, because it's pretty clear server owners for whatever reason don't even try to change the config to make the gameplay balance... Actually scratch that - if all or magority of the server owners have an ability set to be donation trending when it wasn't meant to be one - well that means it's op and PK should go around fixing that problem if they want it to leave it not overpowered based of what the fans think about it. Same thing goes for an unbalanced config of existing ability. If magority of fans find something wrong - well that means something is actually wrong and not should be ignored&pretend that it isn't.

Thought, but would you still want to go scroll through the whole config file and change EVERY ability's Damage Value? To me that doesn't sound fun and therefor not worth of giving all the abilities one-hit kill shot because of a lousy counterpart excuse argument "you can just configurite it yourself".

Now back to actual thread, I agree with the OP (original poster). Either we:
a)make the cooldown longer (and by 'we,' I mean the pk devs and havem them set it to DEFAULT value;

or...
b)make the wall shorter and less wider (3|3 blocks).

Status
Not open for further replies.