• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied SpoutWave Combo and more...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
To start, before we go into the combo, I wanna add a feature to waterspout:
- When you're spout is toggled, and at least 7 spouted away from a surface, having Torrent binded selected should allow you to curve/twist your spout vertically (upsidedown 'L' shaped).

That would give the benefit to allow the bender to travel suspended in the air above the dry ground, with a distanced based of the spout's length.

^^^^ That can be an optional choice for the staff to consider. Replace it with the concept of waterspout not descending while torrent is selected and running (the "ring").

SpoutWave
Waterspout (spout) >> Torrent (sneak down) >> Torrent (sneak up)
After executing the second step, the spout will then reshape into a torrent ring around the user. The User must be cautions and decend to a short height before doing so, because (s)he will fall and might plummet to death If hovered from a devasting height and mislanded on a pavement. Afterwards, the user can then proceed to release a circular wave by the third step, but only finished off the reusement with that: the torrent can't be sent off with a click (for the sake to balance out this combo).

Or just allow torrent to work simutaniously with waterspout, and removing the code that allows the spout to ascend the user while a torrent is selected and running.

Last edited:

NickC1211

Verified Member
To start, before we go into the combo, I wanna add a feature to waterspout:
- When you're spout is toggled, and at least 7 spouted away from a surface, having Torrent binded selected should allow you to curve/twist your spout vertically (upsidedown 'L' shaped).

That would give the benefit to allow the bender to travel suspended in the air above the dry ground, with a distanced based of the spout's length.

SpoutWave
Waterspout (spout) >> Torrent (sneak down) >> Torrent (sneak up)​
After executing the second step, the spout will then reshape into a torrent ring around the user. The User must be cautions and decend to a short height before doing so, because (s)he will fall and might plummet to death If hovered from a devasting height and mislanded on a pavement. Afterwards, the user can then proceed to release a circular wave by the third step, but only finished off the reusement with that: the torrent can't be sent off with a click (for the sake to balance out this combo).

I don't get it couldn't you just descend your spout, grab a torrent then release shift fire the same effect. Seems unnecessary to me because we can already do this.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I don't get it couldn't you just descend your spout, grab a torrent then release shift fire the same effect. Seems unnecessary to me because we can already do this.
You could descent, but what about doing the opposite? Like in Aang situation?. What If you couldn't descend your spout to grab torrent? What If you have to land on something that's further high away from where the water is? Holding torrent while ascending would be contradicting one another, and you would be stuck in place, as in that scenario you cannot go up or down while holding torrent and spout at the same time. You would have sacrifise torrent to go up.

What aang did is impossible in minecraft. You simple cannot carry yourself with torrent 15 blocks up, which is the height of the ship, If there happen to be no stairs and your only solution is bending the water. The Problem is that you cannot reach the ship, due to the contradiction of two moves.

I'd suggesting giving reusability concept to every moves incorperated with waterspout, and plus remove the spout descention while torrent is running.

NickC1211

Verified Member
You could descent, but what about doing the opposite? Like in Aang situation?. What If you couldn't descend your spout to grab torrent? What If you have to land on something that's further high away from where the water is? Holding torrent while ascending would be contradicting one another, and you would be stuck in place, as in that scenario you cannot go up or down while holding torrent and spout at the same time. You would have sacrifise torrent to go up.

What aang did is impossible in minecraft. You simple cannot carry yourself with torrent 15 blocks up, which is the height of the ship, If there happen to be no stairs and your only solution is bending the water. The Problem is that you cannot reach the ship, due to the contradiction of two moves.

I'd suggesting giving reusability concept to every moves incorperated with waterspout, and plus remove the spout descention while torrent is running.
But you can keep a torrent without descending if you hold shift and space bar together

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
That's not the point. What If you need to carry torrent UPWARDS? You can only do that when you aren't further away from the source. In where the scene, and bet you wouldn't be able based of the height you gotta jump over from the pool to the deck of the ship.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

NickC1211

Verified Member
That's not the point. What If you need to carry torrent UPWARDS? You can only do that when you aren't further away from the source. In where the scene, and bet you wouldn't be able based of the height you gotta jump over from the pool to the deck of the ship.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt
Ooooh I get it now so like if your riding your spout of to a place with no water you can use the water from your spout to form a torrent wave. Ok thank you for explaining it this can be useful.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Torrent works while waterspouting, it doesn't make waterspout rise when using it as is.

Denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.