• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Spiritual Projection

So i'm sure this has been suggested before, even by myself, but I want to mention it again.
Move: Spiritual Projection
Move Description: Skilled Air Benders can project their Spirit out of their body creating a ghost like image.
What move will do: This move, when used, will put the playing into the sitting animation (maybe by using the chair plugin way of siting) and then their body will be left behind while the player goes into spectator mode. this move will be like flight in the sense that you can't attack while using it and is only for recon. This move will have a large charge up and once activated will last until it is stopped by either the player or an outside force. This move will be stopped if the player's body gets hit. Something fun to add would be that maybe they can't return unless they click on their body so if someone moves it they are stuck in spirit form. I can see this move being used a lot for spy out bases and enemy locations.

While it was suggested before (as you said by yourself), but you didn't mention that.... However it should be an airbenders sub-element, as that's how it was canon-ized.

Also, incorperating @Easte's spiritual level system, an airbender should have a decent-high level/g.hearts to obtain the ability to spiritual project. Perhaps a config option (like with RPG's assigntment thingy), each server owners could make it whenever it is depented to the golden hearts or not.

Gareth Swan

I thought it would've been a separate element altogether, and not just a Sub-Element that confused me first. But it could be using a sort of gamemode spectator sort of ghost image? But sort of finding a way for people to still be able to either sort of see the person in spectator or a trace of them

~Swan

The Sub is confusing, but the thing it has in common with Airbending is that they're are related to the whole "freedom" emphasis and the whole spiritual-mumbo-jumbo. The Wiki includes as the part of "Specialized Bending Techniques". And I'm pretty sure writers confirmed as the one too.

"Spectator mode". Well, sure. Everybody thinks it could be done throught that means whenever this ability gets mention.

Gareth Swan

The Sub is confusing, but the thing it has in common with Airbending is that they're are related to the whole "freedom" emphasis and the whole spiritual-mumbo-jumbo. The Wiki includes as the part of "Specialized Bending Techniques". And I'm pretty sure writers confirmed as the one too.

"Spectator mode". Well, sure. Everybody thinks it could be done throught that means whenever this ability gets mention.
That was just a base idea, they could just do it through normal potion effects, yet force nametag to still show or something?

~Swan

Sobki

Staff member
Lead Developer
Plugin Developer
From a development point of view the reason this hasn't been done before as an addon is due to the "flying through objects" mechanic. Obviously you can give spectator mode to achieve that, but in actuality is a very bad idea. Spectator gives players way too many capabilities, and could end up being damaging to a server. Somehow the developer would have to recreate this mechanic, without changing their game mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
From a development point of view the reason this hasn't been done before as an addon is due to the "flying through objects" mechanic. Obviously you can give spectator mode to achieve that, but in actuality is a very bad idea. Spectator gives players way too many capabilities, and could end up being damaging to a server. Somehow the developer would have to recreate this mechanic, without changing their game mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The main reason we have decided to shelf this idea is mainly due to the fact that spectator mode players can change their gamemode to creative at any time using some built in minecraft debug hotkeys, not to mention the ability to teleport to anyone at will. These two huge and dangerous capabilities make it too unrealistic to implement.

Gareth Swan

The main reason we have decided to shelf this idea is mainly due to the fact that spectator mode players can change their gamemode to creative at any time using some built in minecraft debug hotkeys, not to mention the ability to teleport to anyone at will. These two huge and dangerous capabilities make it too unrealistic to implement.
Eh that's fair I guess as now I think about it and after you say it I guess it is slightly overpowered

In creative mode, let's not forget you would then be able to break through blocks with ease (great speed). That would definantly be unrelated and overpowered.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt