• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Looking Into Spiritual Energy Levels

Moonelight

Spirit Energy Levels is a idea I came up with while reading a post about Firebending Healing spiritual energy on people. The idea also originates from the show, from Book 2 when Korra's spirit was corrupted by a Dark Spirit. The idea I am giving you can truly bring out one of the biggest parts of the Avatar show.

Things to know:

Golden hearts are the spiritual levels, having more means you are a more spiritual person, having less means you aren't as spiritual.
You can only loose spiritual levels temporarily.
Only Dark spirits can take spiritual levels.
You can only obtain spiritual levels from entering the Spirit World, having contact with light spirits or dark spirits, or meditating ect.
Your type of Spiritual level depends on one of the many scenes that can happen.
AKA, if you get killed by dark Spirits you will eventually turn to Dark Spiritual Energy, if you get Healed by Light Spirits you will turn to Light Spiritual Energy.

How it works:

Every user will obtain 4 extra golden hearts at the beginning, the most you can obtain by leveling up is 10.
The Avatar by default obtains 15 golden hearts.

The amount of Golden Hearts you obtain depends on how often your spiritual contact is. If you have spiritual contact regularly you will level up at a constant rate.
It will be up to the devs to determine how much XP each visit to the spirit world/contact with spirits gives you because I can not ensure my ideas will be what they want.

If you get killed by a Dark Spirit your Spiritual Energy levels will go down, eventually your hearts will be gone and they will turn into wither hearts. (It's the opposite for Dark Spirits: If you get Healed by a Light Spirit your Dark Spiritual Energy levels will go down, eventually your hearts will be gone and they will turn into Golden hearts.)

There is a way to keep your Spirit from turning to Dark, it takes about 5 minutes for your energy to fall into the Dark levels. If you can find a Light Spirit Waterbender, or a Light Spirit, they can Spirit Bend your own Spirit to light. Light Spirits can heal you, rather than Waterbend.

If there is a way for Light Spirits to alter your transformation, so can Dark Spirits. Dark spirits can consume your Spirit by using a move that blinds you for 5 seconds. In that 5 seconds your energy will turn to Dark.

Firebenders can use a move to detect what your Spirit is, because not everyone tells the truth.

[Edit] What happens if you die in the spirit world if you don't come through the portal?
If you die while in the Spirit World, and you came in through meditation, your Spirit will be completely destroyed. You will be forced to restart your spiritual energy levels. The reason is, if you enter through meditation, your Spirit is entering the Spirit World rather than your whole physical body. So therefor your Spirit would be the only thing killed.

Avatar State Spiritual Energy Level:

The avatar starts out with 15 Golden Hearts at first. When the Avatar enters the Avatar State, their golden heart level will increase to 20 Golden Hearts. That is when their Spiritual Energy level is at its highest (therefor being able to open/close Spirit Portals ect). If you die while in the Avatar State, your Spiritual Energy will instantly be destroyed. You will loose your Avatar Spirit and it will go onto the next person in the cycle (just like normal). You will then restart your Spiritual Energy levels.

Spirit Bending Idea:

Okay, so I'm not going to make a huge deal out of this section, but I have a idea.
If you happen to be a Dark Spirit Energy user, you cannot use Spirit Bending to turn Spirits good 100%.
You can use it, but it only heals the user to 4 Golden Hearts.
Light Spirit Benders can use both versions, though consuming a spirit into darkness has a 25% chance of not working cause of your good spirit.

Identifying Dark/Light Spirits in the Spirit World:

We should all know by now that while in the Spirit World your attitude determines your surroundings. Well, what I am proposing is that in the Spirit World, Light Spiritual Energy users have a light illuminating around them, while Dark Spiritual Energy users have enderman particles at their feet.
The devs can add more, if they want.

Comments & Questions below please :>

Thanks ~Fly

Last edited:

g221

I like the idea.But one question: Why would you want to be spirtual, what buffs would that give you? Better airbending?

Moonelight

I like the idea.But one question: Why would you want to be spirtual, what buffs would that give you? Better airbending?
Spiritual ability buffs.

Possibly:
Time it takes to enter the spirit world through meditating, cool downs/warm ups on spiritual moves get shorter.
(Sorry I forgot to click "Post Reply")

Moonelight

Just now added:

"[Edit] What happens if you die in the spirit world if you don't come through the portal?
If you die while in the Spirit World, and you came in through meditation, your Spirit will be completely destroyed. You will be forced to restart your spiritual energy levels. The reason is, if you enter through meditation, your Spirit is entering the Spirit World rather than your whole physical body. So therefor your Spirit would be the only thing killed.

Avatar State Spiritual Energy Level:

The avatar starts out with 15 Golden Hearts at first. When the Avatar enters the Avatar State, their golden heart level will increase to 20 Golden Hearts. That is when their Spiritual Energy level is at its highest (therefor being able to open/close Spirit Portals ect). If you die while in the Avatar State, your Spiritual Energy will instantly be destroyed. You will loose your Avatar Spirit and it will go onto the next person in the cycle (just like normal). You will then restart your Spiritual Energy levels."

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
All in all I like the idea, but I see two minor flaws

1. What if somebody gains the absorption effect, wouldn't that raise their hearts?
2. We aren't totally sure about how spirits and humans affect one another seeing as how they were never supposed to actually meet, and only did so because Vaatu smashed down the walls, so going in too deep with effects might not be the best idea.

But for the most part I do like the idea of spiritual XP meaning the more you interact with spirits the easier you can do so :)

Moonelight

1. What if somebody gains the absorption effect, wouldn't that raise their hearts?
The Spiritual Energy hearts should be removed, now only showing the absorption effect hearts. Once the absorption effect is over the Spiritual Energy hearts return.
2. We aren't totally sure about how spirits and humans affect one another seeing as how they were never supposed to actually meet, and only did so because Vaatu smashed down the walls, so going in too deep with effects might not be the best idea.
I was using what I learned from the show. I got the idea of your Spirit completing being destroyed from the Book 2 episodes when Jinora's Spirit was trapped in the Spirit World. Yes, if your spirit did happen to die in the spirit world you wouldn't really have the chance to restart. But I had to add in some specific details to give it more of a Minecraft sense. I actually did get most of these ideas from Book 2, like how Korra's surroundings changed as her attitude changed, same for Unalaq.
I actually needed to include the Avatar State section, because I knew that Spiritual Energy Levels could apply to it.

Moonelight

It shows the maximum amount of hearts you can get, and it would take away any confusion about Normal absorption hearts :p
That's actually not a bad idea, so what I think you're saying is that you would have 4 extra empty hearts as your beginning. Then the absorption hearts would show how many more you can achieve?

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
That's actually not a bad idea, so what I think you're saying is that you would have 4 extra empty hearts as your beginning. Then the absorption hearts would show how many more you can achieve?
Yea, you would start with (I forgot how many, to lazy to scroll up, although writing this took longer than just scrolling up, but writing this takes much time now, so I'll stop.) hearts, and the empty ones would show how many more hearts you are able to get ! :)

Moonelight

Yea, you would start with (I forgot how many, to lazy to scroll up, although writing this took longer than just scrolling up, but writing this takes much time now, so I'll stop.) hearts, and the empty ones would show how many more hearts you are able to get ! :)
Oh, okay.

Tenket

Few questions.

1. Why would people want to go to the spirit world? Apart from shits and giggles. What makes it different?

2. Will people who choose spirits do minecraft shit and jsut be a spirit? Where does it all fit in? They aren't human and shouldnt really do human stuff.

3. Is it right that spirituality affects spirit moves and how fast you enter/exit spirit world by meditation?.