• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Spice Up the Server

norman251

Verified Member
Hello again everyone, and happy holidays!

In celebration of the end-of-year holidays, I want to restart my server and make everything a little more interesting than it was last time. I think I could do this by:

1.) Increase the amount of involvement bending has in survival.

I think that bending is a great addon to survival Minecraft, but that's just what it is. An addon. If there were some way to make it more of an influence on how people play (maybe the items plugin I have no idea how to use), I would definitely love to know. Another crucial point of survival is the environment, which leads me to my next point:

2.) Make the map more interesting.

I have browsed around for some ATLA maps, but none of them are both complete and really fit for survival (without making it too hard or too easy). Some servers have maps that are just beautified normal terrain (or in some cases, large biomes or amplified), and I wouldn't object to having one of those on my own server. So, again, if anyone has any suggestions, please do not hesitate to reply to this thread with links to pages where I can view the item before I download it.

Also, as I said above, I think that the items plugin would be nice to use, but I have no idea how to use it. If there is a guide here on the forums or elsewhere, it would be greatly appreciated if you talented server people could leave me a link to it below.

Thank you so much everyone!
-N251

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Try Epic World Generator for a cool, unique map! You have to buy it and it may be expensive depending on your financial situation, but it's really cool and you could make some pretty neat builds with their biomes. To spice up survival try adding interesting events that don't have to be monitored by staff. Like adding quests! Just have quests around the world and, aside from putting them there, you don't have to ever mess with them. I would wait to use Pk Items until there are updates. They may be really cool updates! Adding collaborative effects to survival like Towny could be cool. Something that would involve not only the individual player, like a quest plugin may, but a group of players that have to collaborate to survive and dominate. Not sure if this helps you but, good luck!

xNuminousx

Verified Member
**ADDITION**
Plenty of servers use things like quests and Towny so, you may want to find UNIQUE ways to use them. What I said comes from personal experience from what I enjoy out of games.

norman251

Verified Member
Try Epic World Generator for a cool, unique map! You have to buy it and it may be expensive depending on your financial situation, but it's really cool and you could make some pretty neat builds with their biomes. To spice up survival try adding interesting events that don't have to be monitored by staff. Like adding quests! Just have quests around the world and, aside from putting them there, you don't have to ever mess with them. I would wait to use Pk Items until there are updates. They may be really cool updates! Adding collaborative effects to survival like Towny could be cool. Something that would involve not only the individual player, like a quest plugin may, but a group of players that have to collaborate to survive and dominate. Not sure if this helps you but, good luck!
Thanks so much for the suggestions! I am definitely considering Towny or Factions, but Epic World Generator might be outside of my middle school budget. Who knows, though. The holidays are almost here!

xNuminousx

Verified Member
There is also this plugin which does almost the same thing at a cheaper price! If a unique world generator is something you're looking for. I have no doubt that these types of plugins are difficult to make so I doubt you can find a decent one for free.

**EDIT**
Costs $5.23 USD. On the plugin description it's 5 EUR (Euros). I translated it.

norman251

Verified Member
**ADDITION**
Plenty of servers use things like quests and Towny so, you may want to find UNIQUE ways to use them. What I said comes from personal experience from what I enjoy out of games.
What do you think would be a unique way to use Towny?

norman251

Verified Member
In addition to what I have asked above, does ProjectKorra work better with Bukkit or CraftBukkit? I know I already had this question answered for me somewhere, but I can't recall.

Thanks again!
-N251

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Project Korra runs on Spigot. Aren't Bukkit and CraftBukkit the same thing? I may be completely wrong though so....

**EDIT**
It probably can be ran on Bukkit, because they are similar from what I recall. But not 100% sure You'd have to get a developer/staff approval

norman251

Verified Member
Project Korra runs on Spigot. Aren't Bukkit and CraftBukkit the same thing? I may be completely wrong though so....

**EDIT**
It probably can be ran on Bukkit, because they are similar from what I recall. But not 100% sure You'd have to get a developer/staff approval
That explains stuff.

Thanks!
-N251

P.S. Currently working on implementing Towny in a unique way... Still don't know how, though...

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
/bending items is the command for all of that. Better yet, try '/bending items help' and use all the commands from there. You can give yourself for a example a [glider] or a [cactusjuice] with the command (if I recall correctly; again, double check if it is the right one through help command) /bendings items give [@player] [item]

Also, as the guy already said, I'd wait for an update as right now there isn't much for that or any particular pk sub plugin to offer. Even If you use those a few and more items, you'll get bored by their lacking additional feature and the quantity of those items there were. Probending is getting a fix soon (I believe it will be right after 1.8.2 plugin release), but If you're playing a singleplayer - that won't be much of a use for expanding the gameplay, as it only provides competetive "minigame" if you will. Don't know or I had forgot any news about the rpg and spirit plugin, but I hope (if possible ) pk goes working on them sortly after they finish their planned prioritize project updates.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

Last edited:

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
Hello again everyone, and happy holidays!

In celebration of the end-of-year holidays, I want to restart my server and make everything a little more interesting than it was last time. I think I could do this by:

1.) Increase the amount of involvement bending has in survival.

I think that bending is a great addon to survival Minecraft, but that's just what it is. An addon. If there were some way to make it more of an influence on how people play (maybe the items plugin I have no idea how to use), I would definitely love to know. Another crucial point of survival is the environment, which leads me to my next point:

2.) Make the map more interesting.

I have browsed around for some ATLA maps, but none of them are both complete and really fit for survival (without making it too hard or too easy). Some servers have maps that are just beautified normal terrain (or in some cases, large biomes or amplified), and I wouldn't object to having one of those on my own server. So, again, if anyone has any suggestions, please do not hesitate to reply to this thread with links to pages where I can view the item before I download it.

Also, as I said above, I think that the items plugin would be nice to use, but I have no idea how to use it. If there is a guide here on the forums or elsewhere, it would be greatly appreciated if you talented server people could leave me a link to it below.

Thank you so much everyone!
-N251
100% would recommend epic world generator, furniture, pets, pvp maps with separate inventories and some form of airship plugin, epic world generators (including the epic nether) make a huge difference in your survival maps, the terrain is beautiful but hard to navigate making traveling more of a pain in the bum without bending, if you like building coo things, id recommend craftbook as you can make your own working gates and footprint to allow for normal players to become "trackers" if they wish, item pugins are nice but i think the plugin needs a little work to prevent bugs and glitches, slimefun and exotic plants are also a very nice add-on for your survival world giving hundreds of new items via crafting and unlocking via exp, feel free to message me if you would like more help :)

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
That explains stuff.

Thanks!
-N251

P.S. Currently working on implementing Towny in a unique way... Still don't know how, though...
a unique way to implement towny/factions would be to build your own cities across the survival world and allow warp to each one once visited, you could set it so when a person enters the area (worldguard) it would give them the permission to warp there, use towny to claim the city and add villagers for a more natural look, then add the quests plugin and remove permissions for special moves e.g lavabending, bloodbending, metalbending, etc once removed from permissions enter the town and create a few quests that eventually lead to players unlocking the moves you removed by giving them permissions once its comleted

norman251

Verified Member
a unique way to implement towny/factions would be to build your own cities across the survival world and allow warp to each one once visited, you could set it so when a person enters the area (worldguard) it would give them the permission to warp there, use towny to claim the city and add villagers for a more natural look, then add the quests plugin and remove permissions for special moves e.g lavabending, bloodbending, metalbending, etc once removed from permissions enter the town and create a few quests that eventually lead to players unlocking the moves you removed by giving them permissions once its comleted
Since this is a private server run by me on my laptop and I am still in school, I don't know if I'll have the time to learn or do that. However, looking at your suggestion, I have come up with an Idea.

I will poll everyone who plays on the server with who they think should be the two faction leaders (wait, you'll see). Then, when the world starts, we pick teams, and each team goes in the opposite direction. They choose where they want to build their base / city, and the building process continues for about a week. Meanwhile, the land everywhere else but the two bases becomes a war zone. This can be for guerrilla fighting, until I get Probending sorted out. Once I do, there can be weekly tournaments between teams. However, there will be a twist - it's a one-on-one. The people fighting will be voted by the faction, and no one person can fight two days in a row. Whoever wins gets some amount of resources to continue the guerrilla fight. The only thing missing is something enticing people to fight in the guerrilla zone. Maybe something like air drops or the common Hunger Games chest plugins or whatnot would help. If you have any idea how I could do that, please let me know!

Thanks for the help!
-N251

norman251

Verified Member
...id recommend craftbook as you can make your own working gates and footprint to allow for normal players to become "trackers" if they wish...
Can you tell me where I can find "footprint?" I don't know if the one I am looking at is the right one. Also, will CraftBook work with 1.11?

Thanks again!
-N251

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
Since this is a private server run by me on my laptop and I am still in school, I don't know if I'll have the time to learn or do that. However, looking at your suggestion, I have come up with an Idea.

I will poll everyone who plays on the server with who they think should be the two faction leaders (wait, you'll see). Then, when the world starts, we pick teams, and each team goes in the opposite direction. They choose where they want to build their base / city, and the building process continues for about a week. Meanwhile, the land everywhere else but the two bases becomes a war zone. This can be for guerrilla fighting, until I get Probending sorted out. Once I do, there can be weekly tournaments between teams. However, there will be a twist - it's a one-on-one. The people fighting will be voted by the faction, and no one person can fight two days in a row. Whoever wins gets some amount of resources to continue the guerrilla fight. The only thing missing is something enticing people to fight in the guerrilla zone. Maybe something like air drops or the common Hunger Games chest plugins or whatnot would help. If you have any idea how I could do that, please let me know!

Thanks for the help!
-N251
could look for a player drops plugin that gives items and money upon death?

norman251

Verified Member
could look for a player drops plugin that gives items and money upon death?
True... But that would also require a shop or something... I have already started the server, and people have automatically taken a more co-operative approach. Thank you for the idea, though. I might implement it in the future.

Thanks!
-N251