• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Skins. Do we have a Skinner Community?

Should we have a Project Korra Skins Forum?

• Maybe, with some changes to your idea.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Probably not. Maybe if we changed a lot of what you said.

• No.

• Total voters
I would like to preface this with saying that when it comes to Avatar/Korra skins, good skins are hard to find. However, here we have a community dedicated to quality. So where better of a place to try and organize making good Avatar skins than right here? I didn't really know where to put this besides in RPG, but a staff member can move this if they think of a more appropriate place. After all, good skins greatly help RPG. But I'm rambling a bit now.
My point is, it'd be awesome if we could find good skinners on the forums, or possibly even make a section of the forums devoted to Avatar skins. I know this isn't directly related to the plugin itself, but it'd be pretty cool to have something like that here on Project Korra.There are so many unexplored ideas we could flesh out with 1.8. Like, for example, a Blue Spirit skin, but with Zuko underneath. The possibilities are endless. What do you guys think?

Also, what if we could add templates for things like Air tattos and nation-based clothes and such?
To help add on to other skins? That sounds like a great idea. Maybe somebody could start developing those right now. Unfortunately, I'm terrible at skinning. I don't know how to do it. Hopefully we can find some people good at it.

I was actually working on some skin 'packs' that would cover a lot of the LOK characters and their various outfits (i.e. Korra's original look, short hair Korra, 'Alone' Korra, Formal wear Korra, etc. etc.). I was also coming up with some 'base' skins, like blank probending skins that people could customize to their liking.

Also, what if we could add templates for things like Air tattos and nation-based clothes and such?
That should quite easy to do from a skinner's perspective. I could add that to my list for things I want to put in my skin packs.

My big dilemma is that I'm a college freshmen bogged down with work (Think 6 page essay every week, no exaggeration lol). Plus, I'm a server admin, so I have my work cut out for me on that end too. I will try to see if I can find some free time to work more on these skins, since there is actually a little demand for them, but I should have more defined free time as I get closer to spring break.

Here is my most recent skin accomplishment from my winter break, Shadow Jago from the game Killer Instinct, it's not Korra related but I'm quite proud of it. For whatever reason the skin preview I used hates the hat layer, so it does look much better in game vs the screenshot here. :)

Screen Shot 2015-02-22 at 1.38.58 PM.png

owlcool

It shouldn't be against the rules to post good skins that you didn't make, as long as they are good skins. That is the change that needs to be added.

It shouldn't be against the rules to post good skins that you didn't make, as long as they are good skins. That is the change that needs to be added.
I never said there were rules. As long as you're posting skins/relevant content, it shouldn't be an issue. Right? It'd be cool if we could get some Staff attention to this thread. Maybe see if they'd be willing to add it to the forums.

owlcool

An addon suggestion thread is a bit different than a skins community really... Yours is something that they say they won't support, and you can easily ask any coder on their wall or suggest them things through the messaging system.
kk, I was just saying something so that the people of this thread might react differently then how I did in my thread, and if I got it bad then you guys might have gotten it good, but, kk.

An addon suggestion thread is a bit different than a skins community really... Yours is something that they say they won't support, and you can easily ask any coder on their wall or suggest them things through the messaging system.
Like Zme says, this is slightly more likely to be accepted. They haven't said no yet. Granted, they haven't seen it yet, but still. I propose that a section of the forum be devoted to an Avatar/Korra Skin community, where people can make skins, and show them to eachother so that other players of the plugin can have cool bending skins.

hth44

Guys I don't know if it is still possible but there was a plugin on bucket called werewolf. The title explains it but one of the cool features was the fact that the players skin was changed at night to be a werewolf. I think they did it with names or something but we might be able to do something like that with a skins gui or something in-game.

Gahshunk

Technically all that stuff regarding making relating to the plugin such as skins would be placed in the Misc forum of the Downloads section, but it's so filled with crap that isn't downloads because people seem to be unable to read .-.

Technically all that stuff regarding making relating to the plugin such as skins would be placed in the Misc forum of the Downloads section, but it's so filled with crap that isn't downloads because people seem to be unable to read .-.
So I'm going to assume it's not likely that an official skins forum would be made, and that the success of an unofficial one in misc would be unlikely as well.