• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion ShieldPunch

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I'm bad at naming this. Inspired by the fight Ty lee and Suki held on the gondola. They tried to land blows on each other, but fail. This what should happen when fighting two chi blockers.

Right Click:
If you time it right, or in conjunction holding sneak for not too long - you can block physical punch/attack as If you were to hold a shield: negates blows, prevents knockback from physical projectiles (e.g, arrow), drawbacks include: sneaking pace gets slower and your immobilize (your in a stance). Minus the explosive harm reduction, this is just a chi blocker holding an invisible shield.

This technique should also reduce the chances of getting chi blocked or its effects from another player.

Left Click:
When left clicking, you should the equivalently force of a new wooden sword. "Sweep Attack" should also be possible, because its a part of that weapon's aspect. And logically enough, this technique shouldn't affect objects, i.e. have a different respective breaking speed of the corresponding blocks.

Sneak:
This idea just come into my mind right now, so with it you can name the ability "FigtherStance".

Ok, back to the chase. If you're holding sneak without using the above techniques, you should be able to dodge attacks, via putting you on a sit position/animation (e.g, when your on a mounted minecraft/boat/horse/pig). When you're sitting, you become short, thus you get to dodge attacks that are positioned and heading towards your upper-torso/head.

Madocean

Verified Member
I'm bad at naming this. Inspired by the fight Ty lee and Suki held on the gondola. They tried to land blows on each other, but fail. This what should happen when fighting two chi blockers.

Right Click:
If you time it right, or in conjunction holding sneak for not too long - you can block physical punch/attack as If you were to hold a shield: negates blows, prevents knockback from physical projectiles (e.g, arrow), drawbacks include: sneaking pace gets slower and your immobilize (your in a stance). Minus the explosive harm reduction, this is just a chi blocker holding an invisible shield.

This technique should also reduce the chances of getting chi blocked or its effects from another player.

Left Click:
When left clicking, you should the equivalently force of a new wooden sword. "Sweep Attack" should also be possible, because its a part of that weapon's aspect. And logically enough, this technique shouldn't affect objects, i.e. have a different respective breaking speed of the corresponding blocks.

Sneak:
This idea just come into my mind right now, so with it you can name the ability "FigtherStance".

Ok, back to the chase. If you're holding sneak without using the above techniques, you should be able to dodge attacks, via putting you on a sit position/animation (e.g, when your on a mounted minecraft/boat/horse/pig). When you're sitting, you become short, thus you get to dodge attacks that are positioned and heading towards your upper-torso/head.
I say you just call it ShieldBlock-(Lol just read the end I like fighterstance more) and give it some use for blocking bending attacks which we see so often in the show. It's a great idea overall tho. Minecraft's inherent blocking mechanics suck lol

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I say you just call it ShieldBlock-(Lol just read the end I like fighterstance more) and give it some use for blocking bending attacks which we see so often in the show.
Chi blockers have never blocked or deflected projectiles/projectiles.

You can't block a watermanipulation with bares, because it's a liquid. Pressure can push you over despite the fact you have your hands crossed.
Fire - it is a gas. You can't block it.
Earth - its possible, but.... Actually, that may be a great idea for another ability.
Air - same as for the fire's argument.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Chi blockers have never blocked or deflected projectiles/projectiles.

You can't block a watermanipulation with bares, because it's a liquid. Pressure can push you over despite the fact you have your hands crossed.
Fire - it is a gas. You can't block it.
Earth - its possible, but.... Actually, that may be a great idea for another ability.
Air - same as for the fire's argument.
It's not a gas as much as it is pure energy (from chi). Trying to block it is like trying to stop a fire IRL from spreading with your body like a Bouncer.

Madocean

Verified Member
It's not a gas as much as it is pure energy (from chi). Trying to block it is like trying to stop a fire IRL from spreading with your body like a Bouncer.
That's not what I'm saying :p I mean market the move for the individual elements ditto fights. Although I do like your points about earth. What I was asking is a seperate ability for each element individually. It would improve the mechanics of most fights. Ex.) conventions for blocking or redirecting torrents in fights like Unalaq did vs Tonraq. Dispersing fireblasts like Mako. Destroying earthblasts like every earthbender ever. Blowing apart airblasts (which we don't really have yet)

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
That's not what I'm saying :p I mean market the move for the individual elements ditto fights. Although I do like your points about earth. What I was asking is a seperate ability for each element individually. It would improve the mechanics of most fights. Ex.) conventions for blocking or redirecting torrents in fights like Unalaq did vs Tonraq. Dispersing fireblasts like Mako. Destroying earthblasts like every earthbender ever. Blowing apart airblasts (which we don't really have yet)
Though that isn't relavant. This suggestion is for chi blocking, and it is only relative to blocking physical handcuff attacks.