• Proceed with caution! Unofficial add-on plugins and abilities are not supported by the ProjectKorra staff. We will not provide support for broken add-ons. Download at your own risk.
  • Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server
SeismicSense

SeismicSense 1.0

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Finn_Bueno_ submitted a new resource:

SeismicSense - Sense your way through the ground

Description:
This ability allows advanced earthbenders to "see" through earth via vibrations. To use, sneak. The ability will start charging, as you can see on your screen. After you've reached your desired radius, either click to view through earth in a cone shape, or release sneak to view in a cube shape all around you. The see through blocks are only visible to the user.

Permission:...
Read more about this resource...

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Nice :)

Regards
Nice. Nice? NICE?!!!!

IT'S AWESOME!1

This is one of those abilities, that as an example will revolutionize a particular bending. This is the one that does for a particular sub-bending, or heck - earthbending as a whole. I can already imagine many servers downloading and installing this enabled. Along with Loony's Spiritual Projection.

P.S. It's not anime! Western cartoon doesn't count as anime!

Last edited:

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Nice. Nice? NICE?!!!!

IT'S AWESOME!1

This is one of those abilities, that as an example will revolutionize a particular bending. This is the one that does for a particular sub-bending, or heck - earthbending as a whole. I can already imagine many servers downloading and installing this enabled. Along with Loony's Spiritual Projection.

P.S. It's not anime! Western cartoon doesn't count as anime!

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
„What Is Anime? (And What Isn't?)“:
„What Is Anime? (And Should We Even Ask That?)“:

Last edited:

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
„What Is Anime? (And What Isn't?)“:
„What Is Anime? (And Should We Even Ask That?)“:
Your last video goes against yourself. If it doesn't matter you wouldn't say it's not anime. The video I put was made by someone commenly referred to as "the anime pope" and has lots and lots of more videos. Someone who starts their video with "anime is a japanase blablabla" is looking at it way to objectively, which you shouldn't do because it's an art form. Let's not have this discussion.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Yeah I already knew that. I just wanted to fight you, because.... REASONS.

Now, back onto the content: I'm waiting till servers start installing this.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Finn, could you add a gif showing the cone ability? I read it in the description and I'm interested to see how that works/looks (but physically can't test it for myself).

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Finn, could you add a gif showing the cone ability? I read it in the description and I'm interested to see how that works/looks (but physically can't test it for myself).
I'll add it when I have time. However I think it was a bit off waste of time tho since it's kinda hard to see through it.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Maybe you could have the release shift version which makes blocks "disappear" allowing you to see through layers of rock and then the clock version only makes players and other entities glow? So you have a bit of options.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
You mean cone, not clock? I still think the packets should replace earthbendable blocks with respective colored stained glass, so that's there fair line how seismic sense should allow the user to feel, but not like on HD scale. In minecraft, you'd be able to tell apart whenever the ability is in effect, without banging into a invisible earthy wall which you though it wasn't there, lol.

Nevermind, it appears it actually does what I suggested! Finn, now I'm really impressed. Really worth a 5-star custom ability. GJ! :)

Gonna play around with it.

Imagine stone and andesite turning into dark grey glass, orange - redsand, red - netherrack, brown - dirt, ect.

Last edited:

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Would a "search" feature be too OP? I just thought of it and think it'd be a nifty little feature; but probs hard to code, not sure.

Basically, if "Search: True" then when the earthbender is holding (let's say) a diamond or diamond ore in their hand, when they use the ability it'll specifically look for that item in the ground. More examples, if the bender is holding iron ingot or ore then it'll search specifically for iron. If they're holding coal then it'll look for coal. If you're holding a name tag with a players name then only that specific player will start glowing. Etc.

I thought of this because typically in the show they used it when they were looking for something specific and they could have blocked out irrelevant information to increase the accuracy of their SeismicSense. For example in real life: if you loose your sight then your hearing become more acute because your brain isn't processing so much irrelevant information anymore; it's only focusing on hearing. And like this, if the bender is focusing on something specific their brain will block out anything that's NOT it... you see what in saying??

Although I can see how this may ruin the move/make it too OP so I guess you can interpret this as you like. And I can also see how this may be difficult to make. Maybe this will inspire a whole new idea thats better. Who knows.

NickC1211

Verified Member
Would a "search" feature be too OP? I just thought of it and think it'd be a nifty little feature; but probs hard to code, not sure.

Basically, if "Search: True" then when the earthbender is holding (let's say) a diamond or diamond ore in their hand, when they use the ability it'll specifically look for that item in the ground. More examples, if the bender is holding iron ingot or ore then it'll search specifically for iron. If they're holding coal then it'll look for coal. If you're holding a name tag with a players name then only that specific player will start glowing. Etc.

I thought of this because typically in the show they used it when they were looking for something specific and they could have blocked out irrelevant information to increase the accuracy of their SeismicSense. For example in real life: if you loose your sight then your hearing become more acute because your brain isn't processing so much irrelevant information anymore; it's only focusing on hearing. And like this, if the bender is focusing on something specific their brain will block out anything that's NOT it... you see what in saying??

Although I can see how this may ruin the move/make it too OP so I guess you can interpret this as you like. And I can also see how this may be difficult to make. Maybe this will inspire a whole new idea thats better. Who knows.
I think that's what he intended for the click function to be to make it a more specific and fine tuned view.

Faurash

Verified Member
I would suggest maybe adding a brief night vision effect when you use the ability, since below ground it's sometimes quite hard to see. Especially if you're relying on the glowstone from tremorsense, which dissapears due to the stained glass the ability produces. With night vision for like 3 seconds or so, it would make it a lot easier.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Actually, tremorsense imo is more aesthetically pleasing. With night vision, status effect slowly react so night vision will stay for a brief amount of seconds after leaving the ground.

#IncludeTremorsensePassiveInTheGlass