• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

SandWhip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaye

Verified Member
Move: SandWhip
Element: Sand (Earth)
Damage: 2 Hearts
WarmUp (HoldingShift): 1500 milliseconds

Cooldown: 1500 milliseconds

How To Use: Shift on a source of sand and a few sand particles will appear to show that you have selected it, then click towards your enemy and a stream of sand shall be thrown against your enemy. If you do the reverse and click the sand then hold shift, then the whip should rotate around you for as long as you like until you release shift pointing at your enemy without needing to click. You can direct where the sand goes by using the movements of your mouse once you have launched it.

Info: SandWhip is an offensive move that sandbenders can use to knock their enemies around, it moves in a gracious and swift sequence as shown in the video below. When shifting on the SandWhip, you can disrupt the flow of WaterManipulation & FireBlast-click

Video: https://vid.me/OeU1

*Made with command blocks with the help of @FearlessPie121

Thank you,
Apex

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
Oh god, music has taken over all the wor..... must.. resist... to... NAE NAE

Now taking this seriously, does this really lives up to his whip. Thought some of now existing moves, detaches from their original meaning that the move terms holds for them, but it still would be wiser to make this a change. Call it maybe sandblast, or sandthrow?

Jaye

Verified Member
Oh god, music has taken over all the wor..... must.. resist... to... NAE NAE

Now taking this seriously, does this really lives up to his whip. Thought some of now existing moves, detaches from their original meaning that the move terms holds for them, but it still would be wiser to make this a change. Call it maybe sandblast, or sandthrow?
I had to start singing Watch Me whip lol. Blast sounds too basic, SandThrow wouldn't be bad.

@Jaye AHEM "audio command block credit goes to @FearlessPie121 " :p
Hehe, I haven't forgotten about you fear

Varni1

Verified Member
I think this is neat, but come on, someone's probably gonna make an addon for it.. amirite? 3;

HydroMan

Verified Member
Also, add something for the the reverse control to do. Adding just a fancy way to move the sand around (dont get me wrong, but I DO like manipulation in different aesthetical means) isn't enough to make an alternative option of using this. So how about the spinning thing could act as a shield from tiny water attacks, like watermanipulation?

pfm2001

Verified Member
Element: Sand (Earth)
Damage: 2 Hearts
WarmUp (HoldingShift): 1500 milliseconds

Cooldown: 1500 milliseconds

How To Use: Shift on a source of sand and a few sand particles will appear to show that you have selected it, then click towards your enemy and a stream of sand shall be thrown against your enemy. If you do the reverse and click the sand then hold shift, then the whip should rotate around you for as long as you like until you release shift pointing at your enemy without needing to click. You can direct where the sand goes by using the movements of your mouse once you have launched it.

Info: SandWhip is an offensive move that sandbenders can use to knock their enemies around, it moves in a gracious and swift sequence as shown in the video below.

Video: https://vid.me/OeU1

*Made with command blocks with the help of @FearlessPie121

Thank you,
Apex
So like Sandy Torrent?

this

i like this

Jaye

Verified Member
Also, add something for the the reverse control to do. Adding just a fancy way to move the sand around (dont get me wrong, but I DO like manipulation in different aesthetical means) isn't enough to make an alternative option of using this. So how about the spinning thing could act as a shield from tiny water attacks, like watermanipulation?
That would be nice to add on

Matt

Verified Member
Really? Cuz all of this is just a variation of the 'blast' siblings. (Not trying to disaprove this move or anything, but thats basically what this move is)
Have / have you seen any better concepts for sand? A lot of moves are variants (sandspout)

Varni1

Verified Member
Doesn't mean we need more.
You're right, it doesn't necessarily mean we need more, it's just nice that we receive more sand moves in PK. ProjectKorra only has one sand move in stock abilities, and that isn't a lot. Some more sand moves in core would be nice.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I seen some, that aren't obvious varants. (Let you know, once I'll find it)
Like I was saying, I had seen one that was move with sandarch and #forgotthenameofit techniques, so I had seen a better sandbending concept than this (again, not trying to discourage this person who came up with this sandwhip, but just saying this isnt that much of a 'wow').

Status
Not open for further replies.