• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

[Request] More Than 9 Abilities At One?

Should Someone make this plugin?

• Yes, Someone Should Make This Plugin

• No, Its to overpowered and useless in all ways.

• I Dont Know. Coding is hard

Results are only viewable after voting.

aka00pikachu

On my server im playing around with ProjectKorra and Jedcore and doing some battles on with it but me and my friends dont want to have more abilities at once so i'm wondering if someone could make that? Like have the 8th slot be Less Abilities and the 9th slot be More Abilites and you wouldn't be able to assign abilities to those slots? The max amount of slots would be 100 and you can assign a certain amount of pages with a permission like bending.pages.<2-100> (everyone would have 1 min) Could someone make this please and make it compatible with the latest version of JedCore? (Could someone also make a Sinkhole, Tsunami, Whirlpool and Earth Quake Ability For only the avatar? Thanks XD)

Thanks! -Pika

xNuminousx

Verified Member
This seems like it would be very confusing in battle... I would honestly not use this feature. I'll keep my binds. The feature of limiting the amount of abilities IMO is a way of balance.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
People always propose the idea of combing/cramping binds per slot. It was rejected multiple of times for various reasons.

Main and one being that it would ruin diversity and stragedic thinking when carefully choosing the abilities. We can expect players binding slots with normally, but will often than rarely leaving the 9th (as you propose it should be the box for more 9 binds) for all rest left out slots, making everyone omnipotent in that bending art or chi bloking. We all want to bent and use every move as possible, but this would make heck easy and you included in the vote pole "No , It's too* overpowered". It would not be that accurate from the show, because we never seen a bender doing all techniques. In
non-game perspective sense, binds = knowledge/skill style. People aren't perfect, and it would be weird If they could bend every single technique in the existence by the game given choices.

Imagine how it would be unrealistic, If an earthbender could catapult, earthshard, earthblast, earthsmash, earthtunnel, collapse, tremorsense, earthsmash, earthwave, mudsurge, lavaflow, metalshred, lavadisk, earthline and ect. at ONCE per battle. I know that is possible with a workaround by quickly changing binds through a command, but with your implied method its gonna be a lot EASIER as you won't need to change it while using have a good reaction and (typing) timing skills.

The Other being probably as you mention: overcomplicate things. It is definitely a lot harder for (concept or not) devs to think of ways each can collaborate and presumebly coding it.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
While this is very possible, I could see this posing potential problems for people who use numbers. To get to the next set of abilities you need to press 2 rather than 1, which is time wasted in the heat of battle. This problem isn't as prevalent for people who utilise the scroll wheel as you can always continue scrolling.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
While this is very possible, I could see this posing potential problems for people who use numbers. To get to the next set of abilities you need to press 2 rather than 1, which is time wasted in the heat of battle. This problem isn't as prevalent for people who utilise the scroll wheel as you can always continue scrolling.
Isn't this already a problem? And I wouldn't call it a problem, but more of a player issue for not being experence enough or still not getting the hang of it. Either change those matching keys into another easily reachable ones through control setings or keep practising on hanging the hang of buttons.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Isn't this already a problem? And I wouldn't call it a problem, but more of a player issue for not being experence enough or still not getting the hang of it. Either change those matching keys into another easily reachable ones through control setings or keep practising on hanging the hang of buttons.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt
Sure, but the more complex a plugin gets, players get discouraged if things are too complex, if they are too easy its not fun, currently we have a balance of both so I think it would be best for it to stay that way.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Sure, but the more complex a plugin gets, players get discouraged if things are too complex
For THIS reason, I think it'd be a better feature if it was a Side Plugin so that people weren't FORCED to deal with the complexity of this idea. Having your binds like pages in a book would be a neat idea but it's not one I would partake in. If any developer did want to create this, this idea could be very useful in a Training Arena to help people learn their moves.

Loony

Verified Member
On my server im playing around with ProjectKorra and Jedcore and doing some battles on with it but me and my friends dont want to have more abilities at once so i'm wondering if someone could make that? Like have the 8th slot be Less Abilities and the 9th slot be More Abilites and you wouldn't be able to assign abilities to those slots? The max amount of slots would be 100 and you can assign a certain amount of pages with a permission like bending.pages.<2-100> (everyone would have 1 min) Could someone make this please and make it compatible with the latest version of JedCore? (Could someone also make a Sinkhole, Tsunami, Whirlpool and Earth Quake Ability For only the avatar? Thanks XD)

Thanks! -Pika
Then all this would be is people having as many damage moves as possible and cycling through them to do more damage. This is the reason Firebending is so strong, because of the amount of choice they have in moves that deal damage. This would ruin having personalised setups and just wouldn't feel very user-friendly.

Pride

Verified Member
The limit of 9 moves is fine, it lets people make out strategies with their element, since there are more than 9 moves per element (including the JedCore addon and downloaded moves). When you're an Avatar, you're gonna have to find out what goes which in your preset, so all moves become balanced in a way.

Imo, 10+ moves in a preset is completely unnecessary, and it would look like ass. Lmao.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
For THIS reason, I think it'd be a better feature if it was a Side Plugin so that people weren't FORCED to deal with the complexity of this idea. Having your binds like pages in a book would be a neat idea but it's not one I would partake in. If any developer did want to create this, this idea could be very useful in a Training Arena to help people learn their moves.
This is actually very feasible via a side plugin, however also knowing this it will interfere with your jedcore bending board :3

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I doubt that somebody even bother introducing that system and even it did I wouldn't want it to exist (no offense to the OP).