• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Redirecting Torrent

Status
Not open for further replies.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
Element: water

How it works: Just like redirecting manip, you should be able to redirect torrent. When torrent it coming at you, you just hold shift then click and then instead of the torrent doing damage to you, it just goes around you, so it allows you to re-use someone else's torrent. EDIT: If the waterbender is 7 blocks away from you, this can be performed. If he is wihthin 7 blocks,you may not redirect torrent.

Damage: My idea>> When you redirct the torrent it should do less damage because realistically some water might drip off the torrent or it could just stay the same damage.

Last edited:

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
I've been wanting this to happen for quite a while now. They used it all the time in the show, and water is all about using enemy's attacks against them. This really needs to be added!

Brightone

Verified Member
And it'd be so funny if the redirection actually looked like that, player would just have a shift and click contest.
#TorrentMinigame

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
And it'd be so funny if the redirection actually looked like that, player would just have a shift and click contest.
#TorrentMinigame
Yeah XD But that's why i said the more you keep redircting the same torrent over and over again the less damage it will do because realistically some water would drip off. For Example:ProjectKorra.png

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Here's a reference from the show :3
As the GIF demonstrates, it could go on FOREVER, which makes battles boring. I use torrent when I am fighting a water bender so we don't get a spam watermanip fight. This would completely ruin that. I vote no.

David

Verified Member
This move has been suggested several times and denied every time. I am against this, although it is in the show, I don't think it would fit well in an MC world.

HydroMan

Verified Member
i agree that it should be in , but as the finn said it could go forever ,what about making some kind of time delay till it stops and splases on the ground/floor and makes a small flood ,or the both of the person that are making the chain of the torrent ,one of them could disable the torrenting after the torrent has been catched (also when the redirected torrent is controll by the one that catched it ,his enemy could not spam the torrent (the enemy who had send the torrent to him) ,i hope that made sense at all. :/

6tijn

Verified Member
This wouldn't work well.... so No.

- Suggested before and denied
- LIke shown in the gif, it can go on for ever. If there is a time delay, it would solve nothing.
- It would turn Torrent useless against other waterbenders. Why? Because if you attack a waterbender with Torrent your attack has completely no use because it's way too easy redirected. Because of this, waterbenders will have to use watermanip instead of torrent if they want to deal demage.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
What about this? When the enemy torrent is getting close to you (7 blocks away from the water head) you click and shift to redirect, like if u were to make your own torrent. This will be more realistic bcz you wouldnt be like "naga, p'lis. Im a watahbendah!!" when the damn water is 1 block away of you O3O

6tijn

Verified Member
What about this? When the enemy torrent is getting close to you (7 blocks away from the water head) you click and shift to redirect, like if u were to make your own torrent. This will be more realistic bcz you wouldnt be like "naga, p'lis. Im a watahbendah!!" when the damn water is 1 block away of you O3O
So you mean if the Torrent has got too close it can't get redirected anymore? If you mean that, that wouldn't solve the problem either. The Torrent's stream is very slow so you see it coming from far.

HydroMan

Verified Member
btw ,if its possible to redirect watermanipulation(that i yet not have seen that in action) ,then how can i redirect the oppents waterm.?

Status
Not open for further replies.